2,284 results
All reviewspalm gardenprivate beachmoods barthe club loungejumeirah beachdubai eyebuilding worksea viewbit datedother hotelspool barhalf boardplenty of sunbedsmain restaurantsun loungerspool staffdubai marina
Reviewed December 15, 2017

Where do I start? I stayed here for 5 days with my mum. We arrived at 8am after a long flight, the reception staff were so friendly and welcoming. They explained that our room would not be ready until 3pm but would ring me if it was ready earlier. We went through to the restaurant for breakfast, great buffet and so much choice. The concierge showed us to the spa and changing rooms and we put our beach wear on and he put our suitcases into a locked room.

Spent the day at the most wonderful beach, pure white sand and clear blue seas. There were security guards and lifeguards around, they were all so helpful and polite, especially one young man called Oliver who put our towels on the sun beds and put the parasol up.

Returned to the reception at approx 4pm and was shown to our room. We had a twin sea view room on the 2nd floor. It was immaculate and so clean. The beds were huge and the most comfiest I have ever slept in. The room was cleaned and new towels everyday, perfection.

The gardens, reception area and bars were kept so clean and tidy. All the staff treated my mum and myself like VIPs.

Had an amazing time in one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Thank you for making our trip so memorable.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Mohamed E, General Manager at Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2017

Dear Joanne,

Great to hear you and your mum had an amazing stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience in details: from special attention you’ve got in utilizing our F&B offering the breakfast and buffet, to the attentive concierge, security, life guard, receptions but most especially on how you were regarded as our very own VIP. Absolutely, it is our constant goal to provide a lasting and memorable experience with us. My team were glad we’ve meet above and beyond of your expectations.

I was pleased of you noticing our comfy bed, our “Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience”, to detail, our bed is an exclusively crafted set made for Sheraton brand only; one of the hotel’s features that we pride in and what makes us set apart from other hotels. Of course, this comes along on top of the cleanliness of the room and the entire hotel.

Once again, many thanks for taking your time to get us your feedback. I wish to see you and your mum soon again. My team will be happy to welcome you back.

Regards,

Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

Verry nice hotel i realy like garden suit i want say also so thanks for andrew and terrance and vinod for they eforts with me during my check in andrew went with me to many rooms tel i fined my lovely garden suit with 2 floors and 2 rooms and terrace and kitchen

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank AliA15707
Mohamed E, General Manager at Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2017

Dear Ali,

I am so grateful for appreciating the cordial hospitality delivered by my team members, and most specially knowing all of their names by heart. Indeed, I can sense you really have a great experience during your stay with us.

Ali thank you so much for your generous feedback to the property and the people who goes above and beyond to make your stay comfortable; I will definitely share your thoughts, and at the same time commend them for a job well done.

We will be waiting for your return when your next itinerary brings you to Dubai.

Thank you.

Reviewed December 11, 2017

We stayed at this hotel in early November for just over a week. Our experience was mostly good with a couple of areas that could do with improvement.

First the good! The hotel staff are all very helpful and friendly and I would say they are most like the reason for many people returning. The hotel itself is one of the oldest in this area but is well looked after. Smaller than a lot of hotels in Dubai (only 9 floors for a start!) so would suit those that prefer a more personal touch. There are only 3 main restaurants but all 3 were very good. Our compliments to the chefs! Hotel public areas, pool area and gardens, beach and rooms are all very well looked after - clean and comfortable.

The negatives are as follows: Having booked half board we were told on arrival that we could swap dinner for lunch on any of the days we were staying. However having taken lunch in the pool bar one day (because we were having dinner with friends outside of the hotel in the evening) we were surprised to see the lunch added to our room bill. Upon querying this we were told that the swap was only available if we ate the lunch that was served in the main restaurant. Our mistake I suppose but I think this should have been pointed out upon arrival. It would have saved us a bill!

Much of the hotel grounds are now overshadowed by the high rise buildings surrounding it. So much so that there was never any problem getting sun beds around the pool because it is in shade for much of the day. If you're a sun worshipper you will have to sit in the gardens or on the beach.

We were unable to use our SPG membership (which gives a discount on food and drink) in all areas of the hotel so you will need to check exactly where you can and can't use it if you are an SPG member. From memory it can't be used in the main buffet restaurant or the pool bar.

Our biggest problem with this hotel (although it may seem a small issue to some) was a lack of pork bacon at breakfast time. Despite providing pork bacon at the other restaurants in the hotel the main restaurant had only turkey bacon and sausages and was the only restaurant open for breakfast - hence no English breakfast available! We have travelled extensively in the Middle East and every other 5 star hotel we have staying in has provided pork bacon and sausages. This was a big disappointment to us and a deal breaker when deciding whether to return.

Lastly we were charged 400DHS (approximately £80) for a late checkout from our room on our last day. As we had a very late flight that evening we really had no choice but to pay for the room past the 12 noon check out time. Admitted they gave us 2 hours up to 2pm free of charge but then charged 100DHS per hour up to 6pm. Bearing in mind our check in time on the day of arrival was well after midnight (so the room wasn't used at all during the day) and we were charged the usual rate rather than a reduced rate we felt that the late check out charge was unnecessary.

In summary although we loved our stay here I am afraid the last two points above will dictate that we do not return.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony - they are few and far between!
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Hazel,

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback during your stay at the hotel; I am glad you have provided us a very detailed view of your experience. I myself personally appreciates to be receiving such as this provides us the opportunity to check and balance on where we are short at, particularly on service delivery. Many thanks for commending my team members whom you find very helpful and friendly. Indeed, I am proud to say their personalized service is what makes our guest wish and look forward to coming back.

Hazel, accept my sincere apologies for some of the service breakdown specifically on the confusion of your package (half board) as well as not availing SPG discount on some of our outlets. Yes, it is true that some of our outlets does not apply this privilege, though, this should have been communicated to you earlier during your check in. The good news is we are currently re-aligning the membership discounts to be valid in all our outlets, which you will be able to avail on your return. I understand your disappointment as well of not having some of the items on the breakfast buffet (pork bacon and sausages). Our hotel observes the cultural sensitivity of having such offering in the buffet, as seeing mainly the signage/label of those items, guests who are not eating such felt very uneasy.

I am still positive you will be considering to coming back with us. Please do let me know if I can be of assistance when your plans lead you here, my team would always be ready to better your experience.

Regards,

Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

Best service provided by life guard Rama Krishna escorted us to the pool bar shown great hospitality. I would like to appreciate two guys from india. I forgot those guys names.It was an amazing experience. I will come back for sure.

Thank you so much pool bar team for looking after us

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends

Dear Hamilton,

Your kind feedback is so much appreciated; thank you for taking your time to letting us know we did a great job in providing you the amazing experience you best deserved.
Many thanks as well for commending the hospitality of my team members. Will definitely share this to concern department to give then the due recognition.
We hope to see you around once again.
Thank you.

Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

Terrible experience. We waited for nearly an hour just too get a waiter.
The Meat was totally ruined at serving, over cooked, hard and dry.
We saw several customer leave and complaining over the food served. Some Got their drinks when they had finished eating.
The waiters had no tables prepared for new customers, tables not cleared up all over.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Mohamed E, General Manager at Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2017

Dear Robert T,

Thank you very much for visiting our hotel and dining in Palm Garden as well as taking the time to give us your feedback.

It is much to our regret that you had the experience you described in Palm Garden and that both service, as well as the quality of the food let down your experience.

We would be very grateful, if you could contact us on Jumeirah.Sheraton@sheraton.com to get a more detailed feedback so that we can take the corrective action immediately.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Kind regards,