2,300 results
All reviews palm garden private beach moods bar the club lounge jumeirah beach dubai eye building work sea view bit dated other hotels pool bar half board plenty of sunbeds main restaurant sun loungers pool staff dubai marina
Reviewed January 30, 2009

How can anyone complain about the beds at this hotel - they are without doubt the most comfortable beds that I have ever slept on.

Recently when I had to buy a new bed I thought of those beds and tried to find out where they were made!!

We stayed in the suite which had 3 bedrooms our was a massive bed which as soon as you got in you were asleep and never moved! The other two bedrooms had big singles 2 in each. It was a wonderful place, so clean and the service was just wonderful - friendly helpful staff - the food fantastic at the pool bar at lunchtimes - We all had the time of our lives and even though there was building work going on - when you got down to the beach or in the gardens - you were in heaven!!

You are on holiday - just go with the flow and enjoy yourselves stop wasting precious time looking for things to complain about .....................

SHERATON JUMERIAH BEACH - out of all the restaurants and hotels we visited whilst there - it was magical to stay with you and I would return in a breath!!!

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
AyseOcal, Manager at Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2009

Dear Sunlocater,

Kindest greetings from the Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort & Towers, Dubai!

We would like to thank you once again for choosing to stay at our hotel.

Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to provide you the Sheraton experience that all our guests truly deserve. Rest assured that we will share this feedback with our associates, I am sure that they will be delighted to read your kind feedback. As you mentioned our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds is a trademark for all of our hotels and is specially designed for the comfort and well being of our guests. And its encouraging to hear those great comments from you.

We hope to welcome you back in our hotel soon and please do contact us through our hotel e-mail address: sherjum@emirates.net.ae for any inquiries and any assistance we can provide you with

Reviewed January 25, 2009

I stayed in this hotel for 10 days. I went there for business but I had my girlfriend with me (shhh, don't tell anyone).

All the staff of the hotel was very polite, welcoming, and helpful: room service, concierge, reception desk etc. The hotel features sauna (turkish and finnish), squash courts, gym, pool and access to the beach. The pool is heated which is nice in January (average temperature is 20C in Dubai at that time of the year, with the occasional very brief rain).

The room is very nice and we enjoyed a big balcony. The room had a so-called king size bed but it really amounted to a standard double bed. The room had officially view on the city but really we could see the sea from the balcony since it was huge (20 sqm) and connected to the balcony of the next room which had view on the sea (never saw anyone on their side though).

The location of the hotel is very nice, it's 40 minutes from the airport (85 DH to go there from the airport and a bit less to go back, maybe 60). It's the last hotel on the Jumeirah Beach resort, located at the end of "The Walk". "The Walk" is a very lovely cobble-stoned street filled with stores and rather cheap restaurants that do not sacrifice service, quality, nor quantity. "The Walk" is crowned by accomodation buildings of high class that have yet to be filled with people. "The Walk" itself is always lively and crowded without being too oppressive or noisy, which is nice.

Like all the rest of Dubai though, the area is still heavily under construction but you can tell there are some great things waiting to happen to make this place look even more awesome. On a side note, the hotel is also nearby the Marina which just got its first boats.

Definitely a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank BaroqueW
AyseOcal, Hotel Management at Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2009

Dear Baroquew,

Kindest greetings from the Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort & Towers, Dubai!

We would like to thank you once again for choosing to stay at our hotel.

Reviewed January 25, 2009

Me and my boyfriend spent there 2 lovely weeks. Hotel was very nice and clean. Staff was very friendly. We loved the food in the bar(cocktails were tasty as well). Food in the restaurants is lovely as well. Hotels beach is very nice, water clean. The only minus is the distance from the city centre, but still you can get a taxi-hotel has its own taxis. I definately recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple

Dear LondonGlamgirl,

We appreciate that you had taken the time post your reviews and share your nice comments about your stay in our hotel. Rest assured that we will share this feedback with our associates, I am sure that they will be delighted to read your kind feedback.

We sincerely hope that you will consider our hotel once more during your next trip to Dubai and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

With Best Regards,

Reviewed December 26, 2008

We have stayed at several hotels in Dubai and this was the most disapointing. Massive construction in the marina area and on all three sides of the hotel property. Streets are all torn up and consruction noises going on day and night (construction never stops in Dubai). We are by no means 5 star hotel snobs and have spent our fair share of nights in budget places all over the world. When we spend the kind of many (or points in our case) that this place charges we expected far more. Both the Four Points downtown and the Sheraton Dubai Creek are far better properties but of course they lack the beach. The Jumeirah seemed a bit run down and there were awful sewage smells in a number of areas in the hotel. The fitness center was on par with your slightly above average business hotel but not the resort quality that this hotel aspires to. Overall the firnishings and decor were not near what one would expect in a 5-star hotel. This would be something like a 3 star hotel in most resort locations such as Hawaii. The beach was anything but realxing with the construction carrying on 200 feet away as well as the smell of oil wafting across the property. We spent the second half of our trip in Mauritius and for the same cost the Grand Mauritian was the best hotel we've stayed in. When compared to these other, truly luxurious resorts the Sheraton Jumeirah is a huge disapointment.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kayenine
AyseOcal, Manager at Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2009

Dear Kayenine,

Kindest greetings from the Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort & Towers, Dubai!

We acknowledge receipt of your comments through tripadvisor.com, thank you for bringing the concerns to our attention. We highly value the voice of our customers as this enables us to continuously enhance our products and services.

Regarding the construction around the hotel we would like to advise you that it is almost finished and one of the trendy spots in Dubai which is the Jumeirah Beach Residence Walk is located just behind the hotel with great leisure facilities, restaurants and residential areas. The rest of the projects are almost completed. Regarding the sewage smell please be assured that this is an isolated case which we have no previous complaint about.

Concerning your comments about the finishing and the décor of our rooms and fitness center kindly be advised that the hotel went through a major renovation during summer 2008.

We certainly hope to be given another opportunity to serve you and the guests better in order to once again rebuild and reinstate your trust in our brand, particularly to our hotel.

Dany Dagher
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed November 13, 2008

I stayed at Sheraton Jumeirah with my wife for two days, on our way back from Maldives.
I should say that I was somehow disapointed with it. First, I booked bed and breakfast and in the reception I was said that beakfast was not included. After 5 minutes they realized that it was included. In both breakfasts, I was presented with with a bill to sign (and then to pay)...of course I didn't.
I went to the breakfast room at 9AM and I had to wait for a free table. That's not the thing we expect from a Sheraton hotel.
Then, I booked an excursion to the desert and they booked a different one. It was the same king of excursion but a different company.
The swiming pool is not bad and the beach is small.
The location is not very good, but I wonder if there is any good location in Dubai. Everything is too far and we need a taxi to go anywhere we want. Probably it was the last time I went to Dubai. Lot's of shops (not really cheap), lots of cars and too many constructions going on.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Miguel H
AyseOcal, Manager at Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2008

Dear Mr.Henriques,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write the review dated on November 13th 2008. We value all of our guests feedback both, positive and negative, and this gives us only an opportunity to serve you better next time

I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused to you during your check in at the hotel, your excursion and as well your breakfast. We, as the management of Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort & Towers constantly look for ways to improve our services and to serve you better. That is the reason why we open our other outlets for breakfast during peak hours. We do not intend to justify any shortfall that happened but please be assured that this is an isolated case and is not indicative of our hotel’s usual high standard of customer care.

Regarding the location of the hotel, I am pleased to share with you that the construction around the hotel is almost finished and the new Jumeirah Beach Residence area is offering lots of dining and shopping options to choose from.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future and please do not hesitate to let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Dany Dagher