“Good hotel in Dubai” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #149 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Kingston, Jamaica
“Good hotel in Dubai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

good located and nice ambiance , very friedly staff in reception , you feel welcome when you enter the Hotel
the longe and the people working there are excellent and its very ambiance with with good selection of drinks and snack
outdoor area including the beach , big and nice and very good service

Room Tip: its worth to add on a little and get a club room I had a room with no sea view , but the room as s...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dany D, General Manager at Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Rolf_engholm,
Thank you for your wonderful review on your recent stay at Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort. I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent especially our lounge and hotel facilities. It is always good to know that our guests leave our hotel completely satisfied. In Order to serve you even better, we rely on your answers to our surveys to have details-specific insight about your experience in our hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back and exceed your expectations.
Dany Dagher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Poole, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

My dad and I stopped for a couple of nights and found all the staff very helpful from the reception,restaurant, pool & concierge . The food was good I used the gym birth days and there
Is a good selection of equipment .
Our room was large mad kept very clean .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank lee b
Dany D, General Manager at Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear lee b,
Thank you very much for sharing your valuable review. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed the facilities at our property. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Best Regard,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Whilst it could be argued that the hotels exterior appearance is a little bit dated a little bit 1980's compared to the gleaming new constructions closeby I have to say the hotel does not disappoint in any way. The lobby is impressive, the service is second to none. Any problems you may have will be solved with a smile and all with the minimum of fuss. Stayed recently for four nights. Opted to stay in a club room. It really is worth the added expense as it means you have access to the lounge for breakfast, snacks and drinks throughout the day. The rooms are nicely furnished and come with a balcony overlooking the Sea. The gardens are beautiful with great pools and dining facilities and of course you then have the beach and the sea. There is a little bit of building going on nearby ( what's new in Dubai) but to be fair there was minimal interruption/ noise disruption. Overall a really nice experience and should I return to this part of the world I will more than likely look to return.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear 1879fulham,
Thank you for your wonderful review on your recent stay at Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed the lounge service, dining facilities, gardens and you had an excellent overall experience. We much appreciate your lovely words concerning our passionate and attentive associates. Providing our guests with the best hospitality and services has always been our mission. In Order to serve you even better, we rely on your answers to our surveys to have details-specific insight about your experience in our hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back and exceed your expectations.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed in Sheraton Jumeirah beach for 1 week in Nov 2013, with my husband and 5 month old baby. We wanted a secluded location to rest and enjoy the sun, while being within easy reach of Dubai attractions. I came out very disappointed, feeling I had wasted my money, and convinced I will never stay at Sheraton again.

The worse part are the common grounds/ gardens/ swimming pool area of this hotel- which were the main attraction as we wanted sunshine. Although they do have plenty of space, the space is very poorly utilised, and the result is that the swimming pool is stuck in a corner, in a very tiny space, with very few chairs around it, and it all feels very tight and uncomfortable.

The pool size is far too small for the hotel capacity, and it meant we struggled to find somewhere cozy with sunshine. The other point is the angle of the sun. Due to swimming pool location and high rise buildings surroundings hotel, you only have sun in the pool until 1pm....Not great if you are in a lazy holiday schedule...

After that, you have the option of going to the beach- which is really a couple of metres of artificial sand reclaimed to the sea, with a very sharp slope, where again you feel very tight and struggle to relax!! So overall, the swimming pool and beach experience (reason why people like Dubai) is extremely poor at Sheraton- you will not enjoy it.

Another issue was the hotel gardens- and the infection of birds and bird poos in the grounds. The smell and the noise in the afternoons is simply unbearable and you will feel you are in an Albert Hithcock movie. Seriously, Sheraton needs to call pest control as this is just unacceptable. It also meant that every morning, on the way to the pool, you bump into a whole bunch of staff cleaning the bird poo by using litres of water, and making the way to the pool slippery and dangerous....(especially with a baby pram and sandals on....).

Finally, the rooms....there are no balconies and the windows are sealed....!!! Aaaahhh, it felt extremely claustrophobic as Dubai is hot, and in the evenings you appreciate some fresh air. being locked in a room with enclosed windows means you need to have the AC on the entire time (even at sleep time...) or else the room becomes extremely stuffy....I am not the type of AC person, and physchologically, on holidays and in a beach hotel, I would expect -if not the luxury of a balcony- at least the most basic one of a window that opens....!!!

Overall rooms are ok- and hotel lobby is luxurious, but for leisure holiday, looking for sunshine, you want a comfy swimming pool and beach- and you certainly wont get that at Sheraton....!! So its really overpriced for the level of comfort you get.

Oh, and I forgot to say that location is also not great, as you are at the very extreme end of Jumeirah Beach Walk, meaning you can only walk the same direction every morning (on the other side is highway and an industrial zone).

Dont go to Sheraton- its seriously overpriced. I stayed at Royal Meridien last time and enjoyed it more. At least it had balcony, nice pool and great beach.

Room Tip: Rooms dont have balconies and windows are SEALED...!! Do you really want this for a holiday? It mean...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Dalia F
Dany D, General Manager at Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Dalia F,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort. We truly value the opinions of our guests and we are always welcoming to their feedback and ideas. We are sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy our Blue Flag Beach, rest assured that we have taken your comments into consideration.
Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. Our associates make sure that the cleaning is done early in the morning to ensure the peace and well-being of our guests throughout the day.
We would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please contact us on Jumeirah.Sheraton@sheraton.com so we may understand details of your experience.
Best Regard,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

The JBR/Marina area of Dubai has really been under construction for years and is getting built up right to the sea side. This is unfortunate as the buildings are getting to close the beach. Fortunately, you can still find an oasis in the middle of it all. The Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort is one of the oldest properties in the area. The hotel has a beautifully landscaped property on the Sea that most hotels in area do not have. I feel like I am in an Oasis in JBR when I am there. I've heard that the original intention of the area was to have the hotels built in this way but that was lost by the government along the way.
The hotel staff are amazing. The hotel is one of the oldest in the area and some of the staff have been there for more than ten years, which is a long time for Dubai. It seems that the management has built up a feeling of family amongst the staff and that is reflected in the truly friendly yet professional attitude that you experience. You can tell that the employees are happy and enjoy being there. I love the genuine friendly attitude. A lot of large corporations are trying to replicate this with training programs that teach the staff to talk in a certain way to make customers feel important. You can tell when you are a pawn in those schemes and it is not like that at Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort.
I stayed at the resort on a business trip and was there for about six weeks. I met Fitz at the front desk and enjoyed a very pleasant check in experience. I dropped off my bags and headed to the business lounge. Eleazar, who was running the lounge already knew who I was when I got there. Amazing. The lounge is worth the extra cost if you are not platinum. Avril (manager) and her staff, Eleazar, Mark, John, and Angeleen are always welcoming and put every effort to ensure that you treated well. I probably spent too much time in there as it was such a comfortable place to be.
The resort has a bar called Moods just off the lobby. They do have musicians on certain nights and a local crowd that hangs out there. For me it was a great place to end the day. Say hi to Cathy, Lillybeth, Kalyer, and Jayvon when you go in. Again, another group of employees that not only remember your name they remember you.
Jumeirah Beach Resort also has a Shisha bar which is quite busy most nights which means they must be good given the number of Shisha places in Dubai. Bliss, which is an outdoor lounge on the beach that has an in house DJ and guest DJs is also a plus to the resort. On a previous trip to Dubai I visited the hotel just to go there. The staff there are very friendly and at the same entertaining with their Flair Bartending (flipping, balancing, etc. of bottles while making drinks). Don’t forget to relax in the pool at the swim up bar. It is a great place to relax and have a drink during the day.
Note: For the best experience, introduce yourself to the staff. They are all great and will make you feel at home.

Room Tip: Rooms on the sea side have a much better view though I spent more time enjoying the property than i...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear JeffreyInTO,
We were delighted to read that you had an overall pleasant stay at our hotel, and our associates created a wonderful experience for you. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for every day. On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your kind words. I will share your valuable comments with the entire team. Providing our guests with the best hospitality and services has always been our mission. In Order to serve you even better, we rely on your answers to our surveys to have details-specific insight about your experience in our hotel. We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.
Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

A long time ago I had a review which was not very positive due to the fact that the hotel had more eyes for the Russian guests than others. However have stayed there a total of 13 or more nights the last 3 months and I have to say that I really like staying there. Service all over the hotel is outstanding and friendly. Food at Ciao and Chinese restaurant is above average. Location maybe not optimal as taxi's need time to reach it due to construction works and traffic lights but sure that this will be ready some day. Bathroom supplies are far better than in many other hotels.
Next time I will come again

Room Tip: ,either a sea view or walk view. But think one stays not in the room at a beach hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear JLOHolland,
Thank you for your wonderful review on your recent stay at Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort. I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent especially our restaurants and hotel facilities. It is always good to know that our guests leave our hotel completely satisfied. In Order to serve you even better, we rely on your answers to our surveys to have details-specific insight about your experience in our hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back and exceed your expectations.
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Nice Hotel near downtown with a the beach. Garden and pool was very nice but one disadvantage was during my stay was the construction site in the neighborhood. The W-Lan in the room was sometimes very slow so that you have to go by Lan in the internet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dany D, General Manager at Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Marily,
Thank you for posting a review following your recent visit to Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort.We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your room, and you found our staff members attentive and helpful. Regarding your feedback on the computer and printing service, we have shared it with our teams to rectify. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.