Grand Excelsior Hotel Deira
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$182
$136
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$172
$123
$365
$293
Jumeirah.com
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$155
$228
$189
Atlantis, The Palm(Dubai)
$354
$268
$272
  • Pool
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$118
JW Marriott
$263
$191
$1,345
$1,225
All reviewsflight pathrooftop poolclose to the airportstayed here for two nightsdubai airportdecent hotelswim up barmetro stationdubai creekstandard roomupgraded to a suitelong flightdeirataxiconciergedxbsupermarket
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Hmm - disappointing is an understatement

If you like to touch the belly of an aircraft taking off then this is the hotel for you - there are plenty of people on the 6th floor pool area that do!! Not to my needs though. Comfortable enough hotel with friendly staff but that does not cover the noise of aircraft taking off under full power. I was lucky that I had a 4th floor room away from the disco so be very careful where your room is. The disco sops around 3 in the morning. You are a bit out of the way here so it is a cab to everything

Room Tip: tell the hotel you want to be as far from the disco as possible and ensure you get used to aircraft noise. not a place to stay for a relaxing few days
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
FWaller, General Manager at Grand Excelsior Hotel Deira, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear SlimBF,

Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay. It is disappointing to note that you were not happy with your stay due to the noise from the nearby flying airplanes as we are located en route to the Dubai airport runway. All our rooms have double glazing but once outside I understand that this noise can be disappointing. I was very glad to read your aknowledgement of the overall comfort of the hotel as well as the staff friendliness something the Sheraton Brand is known for.

All your comments are constructively accepted and valued as it allows us to evaluate how we are performing from a customers point of view.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for three nights. I had to wait for four hours to check in. While my reservation was for double bed, after three hours, they books me for a queen bed single room. I refused and asked for the one I booked. it took another over an hour to get what I booked for. The room had a terrible smell and I had to complain to the front dest to clean the air in the room. The room cleaning service did not provide all the necessary items in the room. One day, we did not have mouth wash. Another day we did not get the soap. No one cared to have the simple writing pen in the room. More than caring for customers, the hotel seems more interested how much they can get money out of your pocket. The last day, around 9:30AM, the room service came to ask us when we will be leaving, while I had the privilege to check out by 12:00noon. After three days stay, I decided to move to another hotel which I am very happy. Truly, I wouldn't recommend any one to stay there. Not worth of your money!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Badegb
FWaller, General Manager at Grand Excelsior Hotel Deira, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear Badegb,

Thank you very much for posting a tripAdvisor review pertaining to your recent stay at Sheraton Deira Hotel. I am terribly sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay and please accept my most sincere apologies for the lapses in service delivery you have experienced.

I appreciate you taking the time to point out where we can improve and I can assure you that all comments negative or positive will be adressed in order to ensure that they do not occur once again. You mention that you had to wait several hours before getting your room. As you did not mention the exact time of arrival, we do our utmost best for those clients arriving on early morning flights, to accomodate those that wish to check-in before our official 3pm check-in time. Unfortunately during the high season in Dubai this is not always possible as availability of rooms depends on the departure of our clients checking out.

Once again thank you for your feedback and i do hope that you will continue to patronise our over 1000 Starwood Hotels and Resorts.

Best regards

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is an ok hotel if youoachieve a good room rate. Staff are lovely and helpful. The rooms are large but could do with refreshing. All linen, sheets and towels were spotless, but standard of cleaning could be better. The club lounge served excellent breakfasts and snacks with refreshments at night. The pool area on the roof was a joy to behold....never less than 4 plane spotters with their gear at any time...food also excellent here. The hotel is in direct line with the 2 runways at the airport. The hotel is built around two inner courtyards, one of which is roofed over.....NOTE if you have a room facing the unroofed courtyard you will be plagued with plane noise all night.....we timed them one night at less than 2 minutes a plane and this was at 2 in the morning. The hotel is handy for old Dubai with a metro station about 5 minutes walk away.

Room Tip: Select a room away from the uncovered courtyard.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
FWaller, General Manager at Grand Excelsior Hotel Deira, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear G4CHP,

Thank you for posting your recent review of your stay at Sheraton Deira Hotel.
Your feedback and complimentary comments on the hotel services and products are appreciated. All comments are constructively accepted and valued.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon in the future.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

A first visit to the Sheraton Deira and reasonably impressed.
Its a short cab ride from the airport to the hotel in a fairly low key but safe suburban area, not much on the tourist trail here but enough within the hotel to keep you busy.
I found the place clean & tidy with the staff very welcoming; had a nice 4th floor room that was spacious, nicely furnished, quiet and with a very comfy bed.
Breakfast was plentiful with a mix of cooked & fresh food, evening meals were tasty and well presented but pricey: if your room rate allows it there is also a club lounge with complimentary drinks and nibbles at set times though the choice of snacks was pretty limited.
Found a Tv sports bar on one of the upper floors but sadly the overpowering smell of cigarette smoke put me off going in for a beer.
Didnt get to use the gym, sauna, beauty salon but the roof sundeck is a nice area with plenty of seating around a modest pool and hottub - a great area to soakup the sun with panoramic views over the distant airport if that is your thing (yes, you will get some aircraft noise).

Downsides - well, usual hotel complaint of expensive mini bars but seriously a five minute walk to a mini-mart will save you a fortune, likewise the prices in the pool area are steep but they have figured you are a captive audience.
Internet usage prices are VERY high here - I am a frequent user/surfer and got hit hard for 3 days. Thought it might have been complimentary for club rooms but not so - check what you are paying for and getting! Watch out/allow for for the end of stay mandatory taxes that will bump up your final room bill.
So, I suggest you wouldnt be here to check out the local area, its maybe more business than a luxury resort hotel but if you just want to relax and watch a few planes go past its a pretty good choice.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the airport appear to be well sound insulated. The better rooms on higher floors may only be available to business/preferred member guests.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Twixle,
Thank you for taking the time to review and post on Trip Advisor the hotel’s products and services and express your feedback on the positives and negatives of the hotel which we do take very constructively. You have mentioned that you were reasonably impressed. We appreciate your feedback on the hotel location, it’s safety aspect, hotel/room cleanliness & comfort, staff being welcoming and many more good things.
We have noted your disappointment on the Minibar prices and internet fee – we will definitely look into it.
Our team at Sheraton Deira Hotel looks forward to welcoming you back soon. If you require reservation assistance kindly contact the hotel directly or book online via our website.

Stay connected on our Facebook page – facebook.com/sheratondeira ,

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Second visit to this hotel, even better this time than the first. A great welcome, concierge there to help with bags.
Room large, clean, and good amenities, especially this UK plug sockets.
It was my birthday out there and I was given a cake and card from the hotel team!
Roof top pool fanatstic view, especially as I love planes. The free internet access downstairs a welcome amenity albeit only being for 45 minutes.
You could hear the planes taking off, this wasnt a problem for me but it could be if you wanted total peace and quiet.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank emirates123

Dear emirates123
Thanks emirates123 for sharing your experience! Appreciate every compliment in every area that you have experienced. It’s always our pleasure to ensure that our guests have a memorable experience when they stay with us.
Once again thank you for your warm review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If you require reservation assistance kindly contact the hotel directly or book online via our website.
Stay connected on our Facebook page – facebook.com/sheratondeira ,