“For the price this a great Hotel”

Chelsea Plaza Hotel
Ranked #396 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was in Dubai but forget to book a Hotel, my Taxi driver suggested to go to the Rydges!
It was great, great manager very helpful, beautiful room, big bed.
It is the middle of Dubai, so you dont have to spend a fortune on taxi s, like if you where staying in Al Barsha.

Room Tip: I think they al good!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank wzrox
There are newer reviews for Chelsea Plaza Hotel

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Only 3 of the 9 floors in use. Constant noise all day from building work. Very few channels on t.v. Manager got us a new t.v. On our second day there. Best thing about hotel, the breakfast, had 2 night stopover there and could not wait to leave. Do not stop there untill building work is finished.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed here in August. We booked knowing the hotel was undergoing renovation. However the a/c in our room did not work. When reported we were shown 3 other rooms- a/c not working in any! Then we found insects crawling on the bed. We demanded to change rooms. The next morning my husband was covered in huge bites. It seems the bed was infested with bedbugs!!! The manager suggested he was "allergic to the furniture polish"!! At this point we said we would not stay in the hotel any longer. The manager then arranged or us to move to the Ramada Chelsea Hotel which was fine. We lived in Dubai for a no of years & knew the Chelsea Plaza when it was Rydges Plaza & was a great hotel. However now it is terrible & we would NOT recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Fiona D
Reviewed July 1, 2012

nice hotel to stay with family nice food nice staff

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank deep w
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Recent name change to Chelsea plaza but taxis still recognise Rydges. Hotel is in a pretty good location, close to airport and plenty to do and see in local area. Facilities are ok, staff are generally very good and food beverage outlets excellent.
However the wifi charges of almost $15 a day are too much. Most hotels catering to western travelers offer either free wifi or much much cheaper than this. Secondly the free coffee at breakfast, which comes in at over $20 does not include decaf coffee, which is almost $4 extra. Ok so no big deal, but it's instant coffee and a jar in local supermarket is $5. Real shame because it has potential!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank kd125
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed at Rydges Plaza Dubai for 7 nights on our way to Europe. The hotel is ideally located to all the major sites. The rooms are well-maintained and service is of a high standard.

The price of accommodation is very reasonable and the hot buffet breakfast was of a very high standard.

Staff are very polite and very helpful.

I would not hesitate to stay there again on a return trip.

Room Tip: The executive wuite rooms are outstanding and the room rate is very, very reasonable. Complimentary...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Aussiegirl68
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed at Rydges Dubai for one night during my stopover in Dubai. Rydges was not a well-known hotel chain in the Middle East, but since I had stayed in its other properties in Australia-NZ before, I chose to stay at the property (plus the room rate was good).

My flight arrived at Dubai after mid-night, so I sent an email to the hotel's reservation desk to hold the room for a late check-in before the trip. They did follow it up, so when I arrived at the hotel (about 2 am) everything was prepared and check-in was speedy. The front desk staff member also explained everything quite clearly and accomodated my request for a late check-out. An excellent first impression.

The room was spacious (though it was the norm in Middle East star hotels) with a good view towards a round-about in front of the property. The decoration and furnishing in the room were old fashion but well-maintained. As it was just a stopover, I spent most of the time in the room during my stay. Even at daytime, I didn't feel the noise from the outside traffic, which was good.

In general, I was pleased with my short stay at the hotel. It did not have the flamboyant atmosphere one might find in other classy hotels in Dubai, but it is a good option to stay at its price range.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo