JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$182
$136
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$173
Hotels.com
$366
$249
  • Pool
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$211
$155
$228
$189
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$118
JW Marriott
$1,450
$1,225
$231
$191
3,763 results
All reviewscaptains barall inclusive packagewhite orchidla traviatapalm tree courtpeacock loungemushref barsports cafeshooting cluba garden view roomshooting rangea la carte restaurantselemis toiletriesdubai centregreat holidaycourtesy busthe main hotel
Reviewed February 20, 2007

We stayed at this resort for 3 nights before going to the Jumeirah beach hotel. We decided on this resort because it was away from it all. We found it one of the most relaxing places ever, although it was peak time with the school holidays, you never seemed to see many other guest's, the gounds are vast and many guest are using all the fab facitiies, ie the Golf course, horse riding, water sports the list is endless.

My fiance played golf one day, he was really impressed with the greens but it was hard course, and the clubs he hired were of good qualilty. We booked the round a week before we left the UK and he was teamed up with 3 other people who played with more of less the same handicap.

The pool area's were never packed, nor the beach, most people seemed to use the grass area for sunbathing. Fab Beach, with free camel rides on certain days.

It was my birthday whilst there, I received a card, flowers and a cake compliments of the hotel. We also received Champagne and Stawberries on arrival in our room not sure if that was standard or also for my Birthday.

We ate at the Italian and it was one of the best meals I have ever had, we also ate at the shooters resturant the food was good but the staff didn't look happy and it lacked atmosphere.

We also used the bar with the piano player in all the staff were great and entertained us. We didn't find anything expensive at all, you pay the same as the UK for food and drink. The breakfast are great I had something different every morning.

Yes the rooms are on the small side, but very comfortable.
As I mentioned before we went on to Jumerirah beach hotel after, and we much preferred the Jebel Ali mainly because of the warm atmosphere and the helpful happy staff, who seemed sincear they really seem to care. At the juerirah Beach the staff are helpful and smile but you feel they are told to, its there job.

We also had Valentine dinner at the Burj, it was perfect we was given Hermes perfume and aftershave gift sets once we asked for the cheque at the end of the meal. I had also been given a gift of a red heart box containing red rose petals and another containing chocolates before and during dinner. We also visited the sky bar for drink after dinner as this is at the top of the Burj and the views are amazing, your ears pop in the lift as you go up and down. It was well worth the expense and I'll recomend that you go. When we were waiting outside the Burj to go home a chaffeur driven BMW with white leather interior pulled up and we were escorted to it and had a free ride back to our hotel, what a way to top the evening.
We will without a doubt return to Jebel Ali when we next visit Dubai.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12  Thank dawnydawn
Reviewed February 15, 2007

We stayed here for our honeymoon in early Feb and we would rate it as a 4 star (not 5 as they advertise) .
Negatives first:
-The rooms were a bit dated and slightly smaller than we'd hoped, but the balcony size was dissapointing and there were no chairs. There was nothing drastically wrong but I thought for a 'Leading Hotel of the World' the bathroom could have done with a refurb. The grout around the shower taps was dirty and there was a nasty looking (assumed) rust stain near the taps. The ceiling looked like plastic and was quite grubby - see pics.
-One day whilst sunbathing, I was continually asked if I wanted to buy any drinks. One even asked me if I wanted my sunglasses cleaned. Although I only experienced this on one day, it was a bit of a nuisance.
-Our room had a connecting door, and we could always hear every word our neighbour spoke.
-One night we went to La Traviata for dinner, without a reservation. The restaurant was more than half empty but still the waiter got snotty, counting over his tiny list of names again and again while frowning. Eventually another staff member came over and took us straight to a table... and the restaurant still remained half empty the whole time we were there.
-The main restaurant for breakfast and buffet dinner is stuck in a 70's time warp, It was spotlessly clean but I guess I just expected something a bit more modern for a 5 star.
Also they use 'pan pipe' music of cheesy songs like the Titanic theme, which started to grate after 10 days there.
-Finally, the hotel is about 40 mins from anywhere, which wasn't a problem for us as we only did 2 days out of the resort to fit in all our sightseeing.

Positives:
-In our experince, the food here is absolutely fantastic. Everything from the elegant restaurants to the casual sports bar restaurant - it was all fantastic. The buffet restaurant had a different theme every night, and the puddings were to die for. One night the hotel put on a BBQ in the garden, and had belly dancing. I am a fussy eater but always found something to enjoy. Service was attentive but unobtrusive.
-Every member of staff we had contact with always had a smile and were extremely polite and helpful. Having stayed in many hotels, the level of service here is one of the best. Nothing was ever too much trouble and concierge were fantastic.
-Outside of the hotel, the grounds are extensive and immaculate, every morning you would see them mowing the lawns, planting flowers etc. We had a golf view room which had some lovely views. They also have a couple of peacocks roaming around.
-The facilities are also very good, there is a wide selection of activities and things to do, and the 3 pools were a good size. I was pleased to find the beach looked exactly like the photo and is raked over every night.
-The hotel provides beach towels, as many as you ask for.
-There is also fridge and safe in the room which you dont have to pay to use. And lovely Elemis toiletries.
Unfortunately I never got to use the spa, but I read some very good reviews on it. There is also a hair salon.
-Outside one of the bars were little tent camps with soft seating and laterns. Very nice to sit out with a drink.
-There was a turndown every night, with 2 complimentary bottles of water and the hotel gave us champagne and flowers on our first night. They also had a room ready for us even 'tho we arrived at 7am.

Costs
We booked B&B and budgeted £50pp per day to include taxis (but we didnt spend it all) Meals cost around £22 pp for 3 course buffet ex drinks, £35 pp in the Italian but if you just wanted a burger or grilled fish salad, a meal for 2 was around £20. Lunch from around £7 pp plus drinks.

We would definetly come back again, but would think about staying in Palm Tree Court as it looked much nicer.

Stayed: February 2007
15  Thank LDRHerts
Reviewed February 12, 2007

My wife and I returned on Sunday from our first visit to Dubai and the Jebel Ali and cannot rave enough about this great Hotel.
From when we arrived at 3am Tuesday morning everything was just perfect. I think what made this hotel special compared to any we've stayed in around Europe was the attitude of the staff, everyone was so friendly, whichever part of the complex we were in, keen to help and always with a smile and a hello, its amazing how such a apparently small detail has such a positive effect on your Holiday.
We had a seaview room on the 2nd floor which was kept beautifully clean, so much so that the bins were emptied in the evenings as well when 2 new bottles of water were provided as well as the turndown service.
As well as the 3 pools there is also a lovely beach and excellent gardens to sunbathe in.
We used the hotel shuttle bus a couple of times and had no problems after pre booking, there was never more then 20 people on it and it was a 50 seater. Although not going into Dubai was a bit inconvienent, the drop off at Mall of the Emirates meant you could get either a taxi into town or join the Big City Tour Bus.
Our favourite restaurant was the White Orchid, but we also used Signatures & Shooters, we preferred the former as Shooters, although good food & service, lacked a bit of atmosphere and was quite dated
I played 9 holes of golf which was extremely good value at 215AED( about £30) which included a buggy and a set of Callaway clubs, the course was excellent.
As with everywhere else in Dubai, alcohol was expensive, the cheapest in the restaurants being a standard bottle of Hardys Merlot at AED115 ( £16-17).
However, that certainly didn't spoil our holiday as we had a wonderful relaxing time at the Jebel Ali and we were very glad we were not subject to the intensity of Dubai City 24/7.
We, like others, will definitely return

• Stayed: February 2007
9  Thank grinch99
Reviewed February 1, 2007

Have just returned from a wonderful 7 nights spent at the Jebel Ali Hotel. This was my wife's first visit to Dubai, but as I had been previously on business I purposefully chose this hotel as I knew it was away from the main construction work. Although the hotel is away from the city we just wanted a week relaxing in the sun and the hotel provided us with everything we needed, 3 heated pools and a fabulous beach. As we arrived around 9.30 in the morning our room was not available but arrangements were made for us to shower and change and to enjoy complimentary refreshments. When the room was ready we were given an upgrade to a seaview room. We had pre-booked our evening meal, and although credit was given if dinner was taken in any restaurant other than the Coffee Shop, we found the food in the Coffee Shop excellent and varied so did not try any of the other restaurants, something for our next visit. We cannot praise the staff too highly for their friendliness and level of service. Special mention of Mohamed at the Captains Bar. We spent most evenings in the Plantation Bar and enjoyed the entertainment provided by the Blue Dream Band.
One excursion we would recommend is the Dinner criuse on the Bateau Dubai which not only provides excellent food but also gives a wonderful view of the city from the water.
My wife so enjoyed her first trip to Dubai that she has already decided that not only will we be returning to the Jebel Ali next year, but we intend to stay for 10 nights and maybe take the excursion to spend a night in the desert.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
11  Thank notleyjohn
Reviewed January 28, 2007

we have just returned from this hotel and can say that it was value for money.I would rate this hotel 4 star+ i can't put my finger on why maybe the distnce from the centre 20 min,small rooms, no balcony.the weather wasn't at its best but the staff couldn't do enough for you,golf was great.spa superb,food excellent,beach fantastic .For our fist visit to dubai i think it was a good choice as there is a lot of building work going on in the centre.would i go back to the jebi ali yes if the deal was right.The shuttle bus is now a 53 seater the days we used it we had no problems at all.as we were just chilling out for 6 nights this hotel is perfect.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank johnstuart