4,102 results
All reviews jebel ali captains bar white orchid all inclusive package la traviata palm tree court peacock lounge sports bar mushref bar shooting club a garden view room shooting range elemis toiletries a la carte restaurants dubai centre great holiday courtesy bus
Reviewed August 10, 2006

We have recently returned from Dubai and the Jebel Ali, it was a surprise holiday booked for my wife's birthday and a friend’s exam success. We chose the hotel on the strengths of the reviews from this site and also because it was away from the main building work. I have to say that the Jebel Ali exceeded our expectations.

We arrived and were upgraded to the Palm Tree Court, WOW, the rooms were amazing, very spacious and well fitted, surrounded by palm trees and running water, very luxurious.

From the moment we arrived the staff could not do enough for you, from the reception staff to the pool and bar staff they are excellent.

We ate in a different restaurant every night and were not disappointed by any of them, there is a good choice of food and it is all very good quality and not too expensive.

The drinks menu is good, cocktails for the girls and at certain times half price drinks during the happy hours well worth finding out the times.

I played golf with my mate while we were out there, having watched the TV in the room to see that Tiger Woods frequents this course it was a must! We are both amateur golfers but this did not concern anybody, we hired clubs, got our buggy and we were off, given complimentary water, apple and an ice cold towel(much needed). I was treated better on this course by the staff than any course in England where quite often you get looked down on.

The girls used the Spa and were again treated like royalty by the staff, with stunning views to look at while relaxing and the whole luxury experience I am surprised they came out!

Anybody who wants to go to Dubai, you will not go wrong booking this hotel, make sure you visit the WildWadi water park and the Mall of the Emirates which is open everyday from 10am. The development did not put us off at all and I would go back tomorrow if I could

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
7  Thank Fozlove
Reviewed August 10, 2006

we returned 3 weeks ago from our honeymoon that began with 4 nights in Dubai at the Jebel Ali. We were greeted at the airport by friendly staff, who gave me a single rose and found our own private vehicle and driver to transfer us. At first we were driving through Duabi a litte concerned by all the building and development etc but neednt have worried due to the fab location of the hotel, although a little out of the city itself (30 mins) the hotel provided an excellent service with a complimentary bus running day and night. The rooms and service were excellent from the staff and my new husband and myself were stopped on the stairs one day, just while they asked how we were!!!!! V nice.
Towels were issued daily for sunbathing and the choice of 3 pools were excellent. We returned to our rooms to find the staff had done something different each time, either to clean, bring daily papers or pull the bed sheets back and provide fresh water.
This hotel made our stay even more pleasurable and the people in general were so friendly, we would definately return one day.

Mr & Mrs Huseyin 11.08.06

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
8  Thank no1traveller
Reviewed August 5, 2006

Spent 3 nights at the Jebel Ali Resort with my seven year old daughter.
Arrived at Dubai airport around 5am and after grabbing some bottles of water and soft juice from duty free - only 1 dirham each - we caught a taxi to the Jebel Ali.
The taxi ride took about 50 mins and cost 110 dirhams.
Reception staff we very welcoming and informed us that we had been upgraded to the Palm Tree Court within the resort.
Check in time is 2pm but our room was available immediatlely which was great.
These rooms are classed as suites - very large rooms - around 60sqm with super king size bed and large sofa bed. The room was clean but not as modern as other hotels on Jumeriah beach but the prices reflect this.
The bathroom is spotless and large with walk in shower.
We were on half board option and the restaurants had good choice but on reflection we would have been better off on the bed and breakfeast option.
The garden and beach area is vast with loads of comfy sun loungers. The pools were busier but I could always find a chair.
I found all staff very friendly, efficient but not overbearing.
My daughter only went to the Kids Club for a few hours one afternoon. She enjoyed it and liked the staff - she did some arts and crafts things then went for a ride on the hotel camel on the beach.
Overall this resort is great value for money. Not as luxurious as other hotels on Jumeriah Beach but then again it doesn't have the same price tag.

6  Thank babbyabs
Reviewed July 30, 2006

We have just returned from a week in Dubai celebrating my husband's 50th birthday. I had booked the Jebel Ali on a recommendation from my travel agent to avoid the building chaos that is Dubai and we were not disappointed. We arrived at the hotel around 7.00am feeling a little tired and checked in. I had emailed the hotel previously to ensure that they knew it was a surprise trip for my husband (he only found out on the Saturday we travelled!). The staff were more than helpful and had upgraded us to the Executive Superior Suite!! Wow this was fantastic and more than I had dreamed would happen. We were shown to our room straightaway and it was beautiful and very clean. The room attendant was very helpful and we had abundance of clean bedding, towels and water everyday and had fruit and a bottle of wine sent to our room on the first day too and on my husband's birthday a lovely cake delivered in the afternoon. We also had access to a beautiful area on the 5th floor where you could have a cold buffet style breakfast and afternoon tea/coffee and snacks around 4.00pm and you were treated extremely well by the very attentive staff. We spent most of our time by the pool/beach during the day and then took the opportunity in the afternoon to travel in to Dubai either using the courtesy bus (which you need to book in advance!) or the Wafi City bus which left the hotel everyday at 4.00pm. This meant that you could go a little further in to the town and therefore the taxi trip was cheaper, although they are really cheap anyway around 40 to 50 Dhs (around 6.7 Dhs to the £), but if you travelled further afield it was around 90 to 100 Dhs, but very comfortable. The weather was very hot whilst we were there 40 to 42 degrees with a humidity level of around 70% so we spent most of our time either in taxis, shopping malls (of which there are plenty!) or hotel restaurants. The highlight of our trip was I had booked a surprise meal at the Burj Al Arab Al Mahara restaurant as my husband loves seafood. We were not disappointed the service and food were very good although VERY expensive, but I decided it was the experience I was paying for and the memories for my husband who was speechless when the limo I had booked pulled into the Burj (although not right to the front as they are having repairs done to the Fountain at the entrance and the limo would not fit!!!) so we were transported the rest of the way in a golf buggy not quite how I had pictured our arrival!. All in all the city is amazing and although there is a lot of building work going on you are not affected by this at all. The Jebel is a tranquil oasis in the desert and I would highly recommend a stay there. Yes I would agree that the main hotel is a little dated in places (particularly the breakfast room) but they keep it very clean. The 3 hotel pools are fab with two swim up bars (they are also building another pool area so there will soon be four!). Lots of sunbeds so no fighting, but people still saved spaces as there are very good shaded areas by the main hotel pool which were taken up quickly in the early mornings. We found the beach area was much nicer as there was a warm breeze blowing on most days which although not cooling did make the sunbathing more bearable. Sandstorm in the desert on the last 2 days meant we could not do the dune safari so we will definitely have to go back!! Overall our holiday was fantastic and this was made more memorable by our stay at the Jebel Ali. The Palm Court is lovely and I am sure having read other reviews would have more up to date rooms, but we could not not fault the main hotel at all both from restaurant choices to the wonderful grounds, friendliness of the staff and marina.

Stayed: July 2006
19  Thank smurphster
Reviewed July 27, 2006

It has only been a week since i came back from my hlidays in Dubai and I thought jebel ali is a great place to relax..you dont have to travel to go to the beach it right actually in the hotel!!i spent most of my time there!! the inclusive breakfest buffet is brilliant,its anything and everything you could ask for what ever you like eating.the staff ar so friendly and make you feel at ease and at home even though it is an islamic country they dont mind bikinis around the hotel but not roaming around town(would not reccomend that!)and the tours we went on were great and teh water park wild wadi is a must. The only problem i found with the hotel which was not really an issue with me but could be with ohters is that it is a 30-40 minute drive from the city or an hour from the airport, but that makes it great for couples who want some quiet. there are three great swiming pools one, two of which have a bar in them!!! and he water sports at the beach is great fun(i reccomend the banana bot!!) great fun! i would recoomend this hotel to everyone from families to people thet like there quiet.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family