“Is it 5Star”

JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
Ranked #80 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed June 1, 2005

Just returned from 10 nights at the Jebel Ali Resort. And to put it in a nutshell, we would go back.
The main hotel rooms where our daughter and son stayed are small rooms in comparison with others, but well appointed.The biggest dissapontment is the balcony which have no chairs and are small, you would struggle to get 2 chairs on it comfortably.
We staid in the Palm Tree Court and the room was very good. Big bath, walk in shower. Very good room attendant with great balcony. This certainly was 5 star.
The hotel is let down by the decor in the coffee house where you can have breakfast and serves as a restaurant at night. Tired decor and chairs look tatty.
Beach bar(Captain Jacks) shuts at 2100hrs but we went at 2000 hrs and service was poor,as was service in sunset lounge. Main complaint that it was slow.
Beach was fantastic as loungers are on grass then onto pristine white sand. Beach attendants very friendly and move loungers, put up umbrellas and generally make a fuss of you.
There are carts whizzing around who take food and drink orders, just incase you can't be botherd to move from your chair!!
Buffet dinner works out at approx £20 for 3 courses and as much as u can eat, all good quality.
Shooting club was great for obviously shooting but restaurant also good.
Pools are all very good.
Grounds are fantastic,but the flipping peacocks wake you up in the morning!
You can see the new Palm development being built but as others state noise is like distant thunder and no concern. Rest of Dubai as you get closer to town has intense building work so being out of it was fine.
Taxi to town 90 Dirhams.
But overall we really liked the hotel, and in my experience you can find fault in them all. I made my observations known to the hotel. We flew in via Abu Dhabi and only 50 mins from airport on straight road.
Go and enjoy, but try to book the Palm Court.

24  Thank Dannyboyxx123
There are newer reviews for JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel

Reviewed May 26, 2005

This place is absolutely beautiful. It is outside of the hustle and bustle of the city, and within private gardens, palm trees, etc. on the beach. The room I reserved was 169 a night, and when I arrived and checked in, they had upgraded me to a suite. A full 2 room suite (almost like an apartment) with 2 full baths, a dining area living area and in the other room, a king bed desk, tv, etc. It would be the perfect spot for a family vacation. I had a view that overlooked the sea on the second floor with a huge deck. I wish my boyfriend had been with me on this trip, because it is definitely a place to get the romance going.

Beyond that, there were 2 peacocks who roamed around my suite and they crowed a bit. I am a heavy sleeper so it didn't really bother me, but it would bother a light sleeper. I have pics and will post them as soon as I download...

I will be going back to this resort with my boyfriend for sure!!!!!!!!!!!

14  Thank ZeeNozaki
Reviewed May 23, 2005

My husband and I just returned from Dubai and the Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court Hotel and Loved it! We did not find the construction off shore to be of any concern, in fact it took us a couple days to even realize that the noise, the slight rumble, was from the construction and not the hotel staff moving things.

We agree the the Palm Tree Court is much more attractive than the Hotel, and advise that the Sea View is well worth the extra expence.

Food at the resort was great, especially the Sunday Night Seafood theme at "The Anchor". Book early as there is not much room at the Anchor.

The Peacocks did wake us up everymorning at sunrise but they also entertained with a show of feathers in the afternoons.

We found the staff helpful and friendly. Being Americans, our families were worried about our trip to the Middle East, but we experienced no problems at all, Dubai is a very welcoming place to all people.

• Stayed: May 2005
13  Thank LadyJRK
Reviewed May 13, 2005

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
11  Thank GMC
Reviewed May 9, 2005

We stayed at the Palm Tree Court for the second time in the run up to our wedding. We were upgraded to a seafront suite, which was a fair way from reception, but very handy for the beach.

We found all the staff excellent again, and my husband really enjoyed playing a couple of rounds on the resort course.

We really enjoyed the shooting club and la Traviata for evening meals, and we also went to the Bateaux Dubai which is owned by the chain which was fabulous.

Breakfasts are great with a really extensive buffet

• Stayed: April 2005