“excellent”

JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
Ranked #65 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

October 2013 -Stayed for 4 nights - we were 4 of us. We had the Garden view suites - very impressed. Palm Tree Court was recently opened in September, Breakfast was very good, good service. Beaches were very good with very good facilities. Free Spa for half hour was included in our package holiday which we all enjoyed.

Room Tip: We had a lovely garden view with the sea too.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Mina P,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel.

I was happy to know that you had an excellent holiday with us. I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be very impressive, the food served during breakfast which you felt was very good, as well as the beach facilities and the Spa that you enjoyed.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel in the near future.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for a work conference. The hotel is getting old, but everything works & the staff are pretty good. It's far out of Dubai, so you would only stay here if you wanted a resort experience - not if you wanted to experience Dubai. Some nice beaches, sail boats, etc. A surprise was that there are Sea Planes based here for sight seeing. Although we booked out a lot of rooms, the price was still quite high in my opinion +/-$250 per night.

I would happily stay here again if I got a good deal.

Room Tip: try for an ocean view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dave_one1
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Dave_one1,

I was glad to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities.

We appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments about the room rates. I would like to advise you that the management team and myself are constantly reviewing at the market prices and to ensure that we remain competitive.

I do also appreciate your personal acknowledgement to my team who looked after you during your stay with us. I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

5 of us stayed at this hotel in September 2013. The hotel grounds are beautiful. The rooms are clean but I would say more 4star. Plug sockets are unreachable, no iPod dock,cd player, sliding doors jammed, double glazing full of condensation etc.
This resort is so big but the staff said they are not allowed to show us around which would have been nice as we were getting lost. There was a mixture of helpful and unhelpful staff. Some are just plain rude.

We were checked in by a really nice man and during our stay he found us clubs and bars to visit each night. Taxis seem to be an issue for them to organise. Very slow. Apparently your not allowed 7seaters on the weekend! - very bizarre! There are so many restaurants and we made reservations only to be told twice we hadn't made any!! So most nights we ended up eating at Ibn majed which was fine but not what we wanted every night. 1night before we were heading into Dubai we went up to the top floor bar, the bar tender named shajan was so rude to us, we left the bar and back to Ibn majed again! The general manager came to apologise as we were upset by the way we had been treated. Another time at the pool bar we were told to have a break from ordering drinks!! We were all inclusive and although we are all in our twenties we were certainly not rowdy!

Eating lunch in orchid restaurant we asked for the golf buggy to take us back to the main entrance, a lady named Elysian told us to wait a while and thought we weren't looking and made a rude dismissive hand gesture! (had we been shown around the premisis we would have realised it was a short walk back around the other side)

There are so many rules, no inflatables in any of the 5 pools (although they sell them in their shop) no sitting on the very wide pool steps, no jumping in tho the pool, no entering the pool from the side. And so on. So not ideal for young children. I would recommend this hotel to over 50s and couples.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kiki112,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

It was with great disappointment to read that you were not satisfied with some areas of your stay. Your feedback is extremely important for us allowing us to continually improve our services, and to make any necessary improvements. I would like to apologise for any shortfall on this occasions, which I can confirm that this not a true reflection of our usual high standards. Please rest assured that I have shared your concerns with the respective management team for immediate attention and action in order to avoid similar reoccurrences in the future.

We do endeavor to ensure that our Lifeguards can easily and attentively monitor any activities at the pool to prevent any accident as our guest safety is of paramount importance to us. I would like to apologies for any inconvenience caused, and I would like to thank you for your understanding.

I would be most interested in discussing your feedback in more detail, to allow us to address all of your concerns further. I would therefore invite you to contact me directly at generalmanager.jagr@jaresorts.com.

Despite your disappointment, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to JA Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have been to Dubai 3 times, and have stayed at the Jebel Ali Hotel on every visit.

I cannot think of anything negative to say about the resort. The level of service we receive from management, right through to the cleaning staff is outstanding.

On our second visit, we were given the equivalent of £20 each per day, to spend within the hotel, due to building work being done on the opposite end of the resort - although this didn't inconvenience us in the slightest.
We later found out that others were being offered free nights on their next visit, for the same reason.
This disappointed us a little, as we would have preferred the free nights.

I then got in touch with Fredrik Reinisch (Hotel Manager) via email, who not only responded within 2 working days, but also agreed to give us 5 free nights on our next visit - which was an amazing gesture.

Once we booked our flights, I informed Fredrik of our travel times.
Unfortunately, our outbound flight wasn't until 2am on a Friday morning. Although the normal time to check out of your hotel room is 12, Frederik was kind enough to extend this to 19:00.

Upon arrival, we were greeted with, yet again, first class service.

Imagine the look of shock on our faces when we found out that our free rooms were in the Palm Tree section - the most luxurious part of the Hotel.

Aside from the service, the facilities are incredible.

The Gym is perfect for what I need, as it has several cardio machines & many free weights.

The Swimming Pools are cleaned every evening and the Life Guards are extremely vigilant.

Want to visit the Dubai Mall, or any other shopping center? No problem - the hotel provides a free coach service, which takes you to most (of not all) the best shopping areas in Dubai.

We'll have a new addition to the family in March and we're already planning on our next trip to Dubai in October (2014). Needless to say, we know which Hotel we'll be staying at.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CheStel
Dear CheStel,

As a loyal and regular guest to the resort, I was extremely happy to know that you always had an incredible stay with us.

Please allow me to thank you for your positive word with regards the resort and its facilities, the services that you received which found to be amazing, the accommodation which you felt was luxurious, as well as the gym facilities that you enjoyed.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise to the service that you received from my team during your stay. You have also kindly mentioned that they were outstanding and had provided first class services. I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Being coming here for 9 years and we cannot find anywhere better to stay. Every member of staff from the gardeners up to the General Manager Fredrik greet you as a guest and go out of the way to make your stay as memorable as possible. The food in all the restaurants (7) is a joy.
We are spoiled for choice Steaks to Stir Fry Fish to Asian Fusion its all there. A great stretch of private beach and a challenging golf course on your doorstep that is why we call it our second home. Booked again for two visits next year and might go to there fantastic new resort in the Seychelles opening in December by there group JA Resorts that is if I can tear myself away from the golf course. Keep it up JA Resorts.

Room Tip: 5th Floor or Palm tree court for families and groups.
1 Thank BB2_11
Dear BB2_11,

As our loyal and regular guest, it was lovely to read your review and I was very happy to know that you had a perfect holiday with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resorts and its facilities which you found to be a second home, as well as the food served in all the restaurants which you felt was a joy.

It was also a pleasure to read your positive comment about my team who looked after you during your stay with us, whom you have kindly mentioned had made your stay memorable. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We have just returned from a 10 day stay for Husbands 60th birthday, what a wonderful hotel. When we arrived we were advised that we had been upgraded, a great start to what turned out to be one of the best holidays we have had for a few years (we have travelled extensively) The resort is an oasis of calm, beautifully manicured grounds, with peacocks roaming freely. Never a fight for a sunbed always plenty of space to choose from beach or garden.

The food is amazing be warned you will gain weight, we ate in most of the restaurants the service and staff were outstanding. AI really did mean AI unlike some resorts we have stayed in. On my husbands birthday when we returned to the room a beautiful cake had been delivered along with some flowers, a very nice touch, I did not request this. Went to Shooters (amazing steaks) on his birthday, and they brought another small cake to the table.

The staff were all hard working and friendly nothing was too much for any of them, they all looked as though they were enjoying their jobs and were only to pleased to serve you. I would not recommend anyone by name as they all deserve to be complimented from the gardeners all the way to senior staff.

The cleanliness of the hotel was excellent, along with all the staff.

I would highly recommend a stay here if you are looking to get away from the hustle & bustle of the city. we will definately be back.

2 Thank mazzaKent
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear mazzaKent,

Firstly, I would like to wish your husband a belated “Happy Birthday!” I was delighted to know that we managed to meet your expectations in making your husband’s birthday celebration special and memorable.

I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort which you found to be fantastic, the food served in all the restaurants at the resort which you felt was amazing, the All Inclusive package that you enjoyed throughout your stay, as well as the surroundings cleanliness which you have kindly mentioned was excellent.

It was also a pleasure to read your positive comment about my team who looked after you during your stay with us, whom you felt were hardworking and friendly. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Isle of Man
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

This was our third stay at hotel as it was a shorter stay just the two of us. (I prefer the PTC blocks)

As with previous stays food and drink to a very good standard and our room as is expected really.

We stayed AI with is good value although they had changed the white wine from Australian to Chile which I do not like, slightly disappointed but I managed!

Buffets are both good
Italian food refined and tasty (better to sit outside) friendly service.
White Orchid food very tasty and well presented, friendly service, nice lounge with good cocktails.
Shooters I did not like but my husband likes the steak there, weird atmosphere and not so friendly service.
Sports bar decent pub food and nice to sit outside, good service.

Overall again had a very relaxing stress free holiday.

1 Thank VickiIOM
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear VickilOM,

As our loyal and regular guest to the resort, I was extremely pleased to know that you always enjoyed your holiday with us. I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities, the food served in all the restaurants which you found to be a very good standard, the All Inclusive that you opted, as well as the accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was on your expectation.

It was also a pleasure to read your positive comment about my team who looked after you during your stay with us, whom you felt were friendly and helpful. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.