“A special place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #61 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Lisbon, Portugal
“A special place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This year I decided to spend my weekly vacations on Dubai but in a resort, and nothing better than Jebel Ali Beach Hotel. Situated at the sea shore, with private beach, invites you for a moment of pleasure. I can start by saying that the resort is protected by his own security and that gives a sense of confidence. The rooms are appropriate for a couple and gather all the conditions required for a week vacations. The resort is full of swimming pools, with sweet and ocean water, a private beach where the staff is always ready to assist you with the chair, sun umbrella, drinks, etc...
The beach is wonderful and the sea reveals lots of opportunities for several activities, such as boat drive, diving courses, etc...
The restaurants inside the resort are well organized and they offer a different menu for each day, such as Italian night, south American, British, Mediterranean, etc... and invites you for a journey of taste and flavor.
The employees in each bar close to the beach and the pools are outstanding and very professional, always available to serve you and make you comfortable.
The breakfast is really something out of this world, with a selection of all fruits, cakes, yogurts, meats and cheese, all kind of egg preparation jus the way you wanted, and anything else you can imagine.
It really great to see the sun raising, where a very organized team of experts is already on the move to prepare the resort for you by the time you wake up.
The wine selection, that you can taste by glass or bottle, is enormous and with variety.
The quality of food is very good and the grill, one of my favorites, will surprise you in each detail.
It was really a pleasure to be there, and I can only say thank you to all personnel.
Regards,
Joaquim Condeco

Room Tip: Choose a room with sea view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank joaquim c
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear joaquim c,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

It is with a great pleasure to read that you decided to stay with us during your holiday in Dubai, and I was happy to know that overall you had an enjoyable experience.

I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities. Please also allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the beach activities available which you found to be wonderful, the varieties of food served in all the restaurants at the resort especially during breakfast.

It was also a pleasure to read your positive comment about my team who looked after you during your stay with us, and I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

2nd visit to this amazing resort, firstly with daughter and granddaughter ,loved it so much a prompt booking was made to include spouses. We were upgraded to sea view rooms..thank you. Anxious to know if our raving lived up to expectations by our other halves met with a resounding "what,s not to like" food and service excellent..great night at Divaz organised by Menchie at reception and beautifully looked after by Deepa so attentative. Chaminda and Rob at swim up bar also deserve a mention not forgetting Ushanka at admirals. All restaurants are a must to try , you will not be disappointed in any. Service with a friendly smile always on hand. Cleanliness can not be faulted in any areas private or public and housekeeping services are first class. Although resort can be busy at times especially on weekends there is enough space to spread out and always a little neuk to hide away if you want tranquility.
Now looking forward to a "girlie" holiday with friends

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Goann,

I was delighted to know that you had an amazing holiday with us once again. Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the food served in all the restaurants especially at Divaz which you have kindly mentioned was excellent, as well as to the cleanliness of the resort which you found to be first class.

It was also a pleasure to read your positive comment about my team who looked after you during your stay with us, some of whom you have personally acknowledged, whom you felt were so friendly and attentive. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I Stayed at this email as i travel around UAE and stay in most 5 star hotels and wanted to try something different to the JBR and Marina area. I was very well looked after from start to finish. Food was good but a little bland (room service) It is out of the way but 50AED will get you a taxi back to Dubai. The gas in the fridge seemed to be leaking and as a result the products smelt funny. The room is quite small but adequalte and exeptionally clean. If i had any complaint it is that the bathroom is super small more so the bath which if you are over 5ft 11" and a 36 waist you are snug in there :). Nice bath products and good TV channels but TV is small i think 28". Great veiws. Probally the best i have seen in Dubai. I am been a bit picky but i was a bit disapointed with the room size but i would recommend and go back. 8/10

Room Tip: Get an end room or the 1st floor as you have a patio and sun loungers.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Dodgym5,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent Visit to Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

I was very happy to know that you were well-looked after from the moment you arrived at the resort until your departure experience.

I was pleased to read your positive comments about the cleanliness of your accommodation, the available bathroom products and TV channels, as well as the views at the resort which you have kindly mentioned was great! It is with regret to have learnt of your disappointment with regards to the size of your accommodation. Due to the design and size of the rooms in Jebel Ali Hotel, you may wish to consider for future visits, to stay in our Palm Tree Court accommodation, where the bathroom and the room size are more spacious.

I have also noted some areas for improvement which you have highlighted, and I can assure you that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards. Your welcomed feedback has been shared with the management team.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed at Jebel Ali last year during November and could not fault it at all. However, what a different story this year. We arrived on Monday 14th October which was the start of Eid (we did not realise this when we booked). The Hotels policy of allowing 'day trippers' in had a huge impact. The beach and swimming pools were overcrowded, screaming children everywhere and whereas last year there was an 'adults only' pool, this year it had changed to Residence and Jasmine Guests only, so no where to escape. We had to wait to get a table for lunch and once finally seated, lunch took over 1.15 hours, service was so slow. The cleanliness of the resort had also gone down, overflowing dustbins on the beach etc. The hotel really does need to decide whether their priority is staying guests or 'day trippers'. We were staying on an 'all inclusive basis' however when ordering sparkling water at the Sports Bar, we were brought the only bottle of water which wasn't included on the all inclusive. We brought this to the attention of the management, but nothing was done about it. The evenings were faultless when the staff had the time to focus their attention on people actually staying at the resort. We would think very carefully if we were to book this resort again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear happyhelper,

I was most disappointed to read that you were not completely satisfied with your experience during your recent stay with us. It is with regret I learnt of your disappointment about the service you had experienced, and I would like to assure you that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards. It can sometimes be quite challenging when the resort reaches a high occupancy especially during UAE holidays; however, the service to our guests is of paramount importance and I am sorry that we have not met your expectations on this occasion.

I would be most interested in discussing your feedback in more detail, to allow us to address all of your concerns further. I would therefore invite you to contact me directly at generalmanager.jagr@jaresorts.com.

Despite your disappointment, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I recently stayed three nights at the Jebel Ali beach hotel to attend a friend's wedding. It is an expensive hotel and we had a special wedding rate so not sure how much it normally costs, however once you've handed over your credit card - enjoy. We didn't do the all inclusive but I think it looks like the best deal as ordering a la carte adds up. That said, the breakfast is amazing with many choices so you could easily get by with just one more small meal at night. The service is fantastic, the rooms are lovely and attended to regularly. I think I had my towels changed each time I used them!! plus they offer a turn done be service and are constantly topping up your bathroom with handy supplies. Dinner at White Orchid was lovely (you must book) and drinks / snacks at Captain's Bar also good. I also used the hotel gym which is small yet functional and has a lovely view over the marina. The only faults I had in entire three night stay was on check-in - it was very busy, not enough staff and they made a big deal when I couldn't retrieve my passport to check in as I had left it in my big case which had been carted off to the room. Honestly it's 2013, a passport really shouldn't be required for check-in. Also one night there was a couple in the adjoining room and I could hear their TV and every word they said whichever was disappointing given I had stayed at a cheap ibis down the road for three nights for a quarter of the price and that hotel was soundproof. But I heard nothing the remainder of my stay, so perhaps just a very loud couple who had their TV up too loud! All in all, lovely and relaxing stay - the pools are beautiful, the menus extensive and most of the staff very friendly - especially the men who clean the rooms. Great stay and amazing Dubai experience!!

Room Tip: Do all inclusive if you think you will be drinking alcohol
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Juliette S,

I was pleased to read that you had an amazing experience whilst staying with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, the food served in the restaurants especially during breakfast which you felt was amazing, the service you received from Housekeeping which you found to be fantastic.

It is with regret I learnt of your disappointment about the service you had experienced upon arrival, as well as the noise coming from the next room. I would like to extend my sincere apology for any inconvenience or discomfort you may have experienced. I would also like to inform you that it is a strict government requirement that all guests have to produce their passport or UAE driving license and this applies to both resident and non-residents of UAE. Please rest assured that your comments have been addressed to our management team.

I do also appreciate your personal acknowledgement to my team who looked after you during your stay with us, whom you felt were very friendly. I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Well nearly perfect but during my visit (still here until 18th October) two things let this place down badly. Went to Shooters on the 16th and to put it politely the service was shocking. Sat at table 9 for 20 mins before even asked for a drink and then asked for order at same time! Then had to go up to bar to get another drink as waited another 15 mins. Don't get me wrong if you are prepared too wait then the food is excellent but table and drink service is poor.

Horse riding booked a lesson on the 16th only to turn up and have to ride out ( those experienced riders will know what this means), then turn up tonight at 4.30pm for another lesson to be told AGAIN its a ride out, the stables blamed the reception, the reception blamed the stables - bottom line a young girl was disappointed! Whoever was to blame was not us the guests. Need to go back at 7am on Friday morning to get a lesson!!!

Fishing trip fantastic, restaurants fabulous (apart from shooters), bars good but service very very slow maybe as its Eid. Golf course worth a bash and looked after all the way round.

Overall a good experience but certainly not a 5 star experience and not worth the large amount of money charged. Sort out shooters and the stables and probably reach the point they need. Worst of all this was my wifes 3rd trip in 3 months, my daughters 2nd in 2 months and my 1st visit and not a mention of welcome back.

Room Tip: Book in advance and despite the hotel telling you no need to book in advance please do as it will sa...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Craig564,

I was happy to know that overall you had a good experience whilst staying with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, the food served in the restaurants which you felt was fabulous, the golf course, as well as the fishing trip which you found to be fantastic.

It is with regret I learnt of your disappointment about the service you had experienced at the resort in particular in Shooters restaurant and Stables, and I would like to assure you that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards. It can sometimes be quite challenging when the resort reaches a high capacity especially during weekends; however, the service to our guests is of paramount importance and I am sorry that we have not met your expectations on this occasion.

Despite your disappointment, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

Twickenham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was our second stay at the Jebel Ali and once again it was a fantastic holiday. The hotel itself is amazing, the choice restaurants and the quality of food are second to none. Best restaurants are Shooters, Divaz and for buffet style La Fontana. The choice of food and drinks on the All Inclusive Package is by far one of the most extensive we have ever seen. Only criticism would be that in the swim up bars, there should be a rule to stop children playing in and around the bar area.

Special thank you to Hussein (shisha) and Josiah in Captains bar. They really looked after us during our stay :)

Thank you for another memorable holiday - we will be returning at some point in the not too distant future!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

1 Thank Vicstar81
Dear Vicstar81,

It was with a great pleasure to know that you had an excellent, fantastic and memorable holiday once again during your stay with us. I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort and facilities which you felt were amazing, the quality and choice of food served in the restaurants at the resort, as well as the All Inclusive package which you have kindly mentioned was one of the most extensive you have ever seen.

I have noted your feedback and suggestions about the swimming pool areas, which we appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments. Your welcomed feedback has been shared with the Executive Assistant Manager In-charge of Food and Beverage for further review.

It was also a pleasure to read your positive comment about my team who looked after you during your stay with us, some of whom you have personally acknowledged. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.