“Still a Great Resort But!!!”

JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
Ranked #69 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is the 4th we have been back to this resort. We stayed at the Palm tree suites for 10 days. The rooms are what you would expect from a 5 star Resort, spacious and clean. When we checked in we were upgraded to the Royal Jasmine Suite which opened out straight onto the Beech. If JA can upgrade you they will.
Im not going to go through everything thats great about this resort again as you can just read my previous review.
However there are buts, Something felt different this time, there didn't seem to be the 5 star treatment I come to expect from JA. The outside Bars seemed under staffed we were waiting long periods of time to be served even when not busy. On the last 3 occasions we have been to JA they had waiters walking up and down the Beech to get your Drinks as well as a towel boy who would come around with cold flannels to cool you down. Where have they gone?
Sticking with the Bars, I used to love the assortment of cocktails freshly prepared with fruit. I was disappointed to find all the fruit has been replaced with fruit flavoured concentrate which would churn your stomach and leave you with heartburn all day.
One of the main reasons we keep coming back to this resort is the peace and tranquillity. However to my horror for what ever insane reason JA have decided to have weekend Beech Party (Particularly on Saturday) where by they have Music Blasting out from the Beech Party that can be heard right across the resort. It was a constant thud from 11am to 10pm. Sorry if I wanted this I would have gone to Ibiza. However Im not a Party Pooper, if you want a Beech Party why not have it on the Beech next to the Fish Restaurant boat. This would prevent other Holiday Makers from being disturbed?
All in all I still have to say its a great resort, but that extra special "Je ne sais qua" is most definitely missing to a point that this will probably be our last visit to this resort which is regrettable as we fell in love with JA. However please note this is a personnel matter JA is still a great place with lots to offer.
Kind Regards

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Popster_uk
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Popster_uk,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

It is with great regret that I read you review, which highlighted that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. It is certainly not our intention to have any of our guests disappointed; however, it is clear that we have failed to meet your expectations in many ways during your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for any shortfall.

I would like to invite you to contact me directly on generalmanager.jagr@jaresorts.com to address your concerns in more detail and take the necessary action for improvement.

I do hope that we will have an opportunity to restore your confidence in Jebel Ali Golf Resort, and once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Fredrik Reinisch

Write a ReviewReviews (3,605)

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights at JA, and loved it. Our only complaints were the weather (too hot!! But this is hardly their fault), and the fact that we should have stayed longer!!

We had a sea view room which was adequate. It had everything we needed. We had a minor problems witha broken tap, but this was resolved 20 minutes after being reported!!

They have a selection of pillows available on request. Check in and check out was easy. We even checked in early.

The spa is wonderful. The staff treated us very well. We both had the JA signature massages for 90 minutes, and they so relaxing. Be aware though, that some treatments are not quite as described. Ie my wife reported that her 'hand and nail treatment' is actually a hand and arms scrub, mask and massage. No nail treatment involved at all! That said, she enjoyed the experience anyway.

All the staff throughout the hotel were wonderful. They worked really hard to ensure all the guests were happy. Even in the heat!

Food is brilliant! Arrive promptly for breakfast or you may need to wait to be seated. Again, this is handled very professionally by the staff.

We also went on the Seawings seaplane trip around Dubai. It goes from Jebel Ali. Well worth it!!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Kalasingha12,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

I was extremely pleased to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. I would also like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort; its facilities, the accommodation, as well as the food and beverages across all the restaurants which you have mentioned were brilliant!

You have also provided us with some feedback which is much appreciated to allow us to continually improve, and I can assure you that the Spa Management team and I are now looking into these areas.

Your positive comments in regards to our team, are highly appreciated I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Palm Court Suites for 4 days and thoroughly loved it. The suites are spacious and very comfortable. Our room looked out onto the beautiful clean private beach which is perfect for swimming and sun bathing. The pools and the gymnasium are great as well. What I loved was the whole setting, its amazing how green the whole place is(considering its in a desert) with lovely little water falls, fountains and peacocks strutting all around. We even had 3 little chicks and a peahen making our balcony (which was also spacious) their bedroom one evening.
The service was prompt and very efficient and everyone was very friendly and ready to go out of their way.
Breakfast was varied and delicious.
I would recommend though to check up in advance for any complementary services that are included in the rate.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Sharjahresa,

I would firstly like to thank you for your very positive review, and it was a pleasure to read that you had thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

It was a pleasure to read your compliments and praise for the associates who looked after you during your stay, and I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

First time in Dubai and certainly will not be the last. JAJebel is one of the best hotels we have stayed in,we have stayed in many 5star hotels and this exceeds them all. We looked at trip advisor before we booked and honestly thought the reviews were to good to be true. However they were exactly correct. The bar staff,restaurant staff are so welcoming,and are happy to chat and advise. The hotel itself is spotlessly clean,although we didn't see any cleaners! the rooms are always cleaned to an exceptionally high standard. Each and every restaurant serves the highest standard of food, breakfast includes proper english sausages and bacon! Everything about the hotel is such a high standard. We travelled as a couple to celebrate our wedding anniversary, the hotel arranged flowers and a lovely cake in our room and they also upgraded us to a lovely room with a terrace. Room 121 fantastic. We are writing as our holiday is coming to an end and felt we had to write a review before we travelled home. Apparently one of the pools, that has a small 'river' around it is being refurbished soon and I hope they keep the 'river' lovely to be able to sit and read whilst in it. So as we say farewell to the JA Jebel and thank you we can guarantee we will be back next year. I must also add that whatever restaurant you choose to eat in you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lavinia1968

Dear Lavinia1968,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I was happy to know that you decided to stay with us to celebrate your wedding anniversary.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort and it facilities, as well as the quality of food and service which you have kindly mentioned are of high standards.

Your praise for the associates who looked after you during your stay is highly appreciated and I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Once again we had a lovely stay at this wonderful Hotel. Lots of the Staff remembered us from last year. Food and drinks very good the Sports Bar Menu was the one we liked best food all day till about 11pm the best Scampi and Chips ever and can't believe were eating Sausage Mash and Onion Gravy in Dubia lol. Sea View Rooms very nice but rememr not really any Balconies only room for one small chair but did have nice view of the Marina. Make sure you visit the Shooter Steak House you will not be disappointed the best Steaks ever and this is in the All Inclusive and they take you there by bus.There is a Disco on the 7th floor with entertainment most nights and later Disco till 2pm. The new swimming Pool is now open on the beach in front of the Palm Tree Court Hotel next door which you can use there facilities. Special thanks to Solwin, Cruz, Margaret, Rosemary, Eralyn, Robin, and El-Sayed from the Shooters Steak House who made us so welcome and where more like our friends than Staff. We hope to return next year for our 3rd visit..

Room Tip: Probably ground floor room with Sea View
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear GROOVY60,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor during your recent stay with us at Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

As a loyal guest it was a pleasure to read your comments, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities as well as the food and drinks across all the restaurants in particular The Sports Café and Shooters which you have kindly mentioned were great.

I do appreciate your positive comments with regards to my team who looked after you, some of whom you have personally acknowledged. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

I look forward to having the pleasure of meeting you during your next stay with us, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife, daughter and I stayed at the JA Resort & Hotel for two nights recently and while the hotel is adequate in every way, I still left with frustrations and unanswered questions.

1. The electrical outlets are a type infrequently used in the UAE (round holed as opposed to flat bladed) making it difficult (at minimum inconvenient) to use hair dryers, straighteners, etc.

2. The outlet used for the kettle was inoperable, although this was later repaired by a technician.

3. The shaver outlet in our bathroom (room 357) did not work.

4. The night stand telephone did not work, despite being replaced by a technician.

5. Internet was inconsistent, and in my daughter's room (room 355), did not work at all.

6. The 7th floor restaurant/bar was closed on one of the two nights we were there and no one in the hotel could explain why. The manager was nice enough to comp our dinner at the hotel lobby restaurant, but this in no way compensates for the round trip taxi into Dubai as well as the time out of our evening in search of entertainment that should have been available at the resort.

7. Taxis were not readily available. Our wait time was as long as 30 minutes, and never less than 20. This is not a 'remote location' issue, as the Park Rotana (remote) in Abu Dhabi always has taxis queued for guest that are plentiful and responsive upon a simple hand gesture from the concierge.

The staff was adequate. although at times the concierge seemed confused and overworked. Check-out took almost 40 minutes,

The Hotel is highly rated, and in some aspects deservedly so. In our experience however, there are still quite a few areas that could use fine tuning, and in some cases, a complete overhaul.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Paul_Harris1390,

It is with great regret that I read your review, and it is clear that we have failed to meet your expectations in many ways during your recent stay with us. I was extremely disappointed to read that the service you received during your recent stay at the resort was not to your expectations.

It is certainly not our intention to have any of our guests disappointed, and to restore your faith in Jebel Ali Golf Resort, I invite you to contact me at generalmanager.jagr@jaresorts.com allowing me to understand more about your experiences.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any shortfall on this occasion, and I would like to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention, which we appreciate in order to continually improve our products and services.

I look forward to hearing from you, and to be able to have the opportunity to discuss your feedback in person.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Me and my partner decided to have a week in the sun without the kids. We decided on the JA Jebel Ali Golf on its reviews and I can only say that we thought the resort was fantastic. The service was excellent and every night we looked forward to eating out in one of many fanastic restaurants on this resort. The facilities on site are second to none and made our holiday even more special than we could ever hoped for.We had fully inclusive package which was so easy and great value for money given this outstanding resort.
I don't usually write reviews but enjoyed myself so much that needed to write this. Well done Ja Jabel Ali Golf resort

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Glen C,

I was extremely pleased to know that you had a great holiday with us, and that you enjoyed the All Inclusive package. I would like to thank you for your kind words about the resort, our facilities, the food and beverage, as well as the exceptional service that you have received whilst staying with us.

It was a pleasure to read your very positive comments with regards to my team. I will ensure that these compliments are shared with them.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future and once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.