“relaxing break in Dubai”

JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
Ranked #76 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We have just enjoyed a nine night stay at the Jebel Ali Hotel. We were looking for a relaxing break,good food,warm weather, sea view, peace and quiet- and Jebel Ali delivered.
We felt totally spoilt. The room was clean and sheets changed every day on request. Restuarants were of a high standard and plenty of wine and cocktails offered to us at the bars and in all of the restuarants.
The staff could not have been more attentive, from the guy who put our towels on our sunbeds to the waiters in the Captains Bar, to the doorman who always met us with a smile.
You would have to be a very hard to please person not to give this resort an excellent review. We loved it and will definetly return in the near future.

Room Tip: We stayed in a garden view room on the fourth floor which had a lovely view over the marina, the gar...
1  Thank 88annettem
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Annette m,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

I was extremely pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities, the accommodation as well as the food and beverages that you have enjoyed across the resort.

I do appreciate your positive comments with regards to my team who looked after you whilst staying with us. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

There are newer reviews for JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Worst service in Dubai. Also the facilities can't handle all the people staying there. Really overcrowded and busy with children running wild everywhere. Also, the clientele the hotel seems to attract are perhaps the rudest I have ever seen. e.g. A couple with their towels strewn over 4 sun chairs because they "don't want bag on ground." (imagine it in a Russian accent.) There are much nicer hotels for the same price and cheaper even. A beach is not a substitute for service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Johntyw

Dear Johntyw,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

It is with great disappointment that I read you review, which highlighted that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is certainly not our intention to have any of our guests disappointed; however, it is clear that we have failed to meet your expectations in many ways during your stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any shortfall, and to allow me to take the necessary action for improvement, I would invite you to contact me directly on fredrik.reinisch@jaresorts.com to address your concerns in more detail.

I do hope that we will have an opportunity to restore your confidence in Jebel Ali Golf Resort, and once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We only came for a day trip to use the beach, pools and restaurants so can't comment on rooms. However after paying 440 aed to use their facilities we were very disappointed. The beach is dirty with no view, no waiter service and the sea is full of weeds. The pools are dated and too crowded we couldn't get sun loungers. The restaurant called captains was appalling we had to get our own menus and go to the bar to order food - the waiters don't walk around and ignore any requests. We asked three times for the kids menu and it never came! Also not enough high chairs! A really second class hotel I'm glad we didn't stay overnight or take out the annual membership like we were considering! I'll stick to Jumeirah hotels in future!!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Aquarius76

Dear Aquarius76,

It is with great disappointment that I read your review, and it is clear that we have failed to meet your expectations in many ways during your recent visit to the resort.

It is certainly not our intention to have any of our guests disappointed, and to allow me to understand more about your experience, and to restore your faith in Jebel Ali Golf Resort, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback in more detail. I can be contacted at fredrik.reinisch@jaresorts.com

I look forward to hearing from you, and to be able to have the opportunity to discuss your feedback in person.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We have just returned from a weeks break at the Jebel Ali resort.
We wanted a week of total relaxation and I'm pleased to say that the Jebel Ali delivered. The hotel was busy to start with as it was the end of the school half term holiday but after a couple of days it was much quieter and relaxing.
The staff are one of the best assets of the hotel , from the guys looking after your sun beds , to the great service in all the restaurants - they are all excellent and genuinely couldn't do enough for you.
The rooms in the Jebel Ali are good but not very big and the balcony is not big enough to sit out on.
If the budget allows , I would suggest upgrading to the Palm court garden rooms. ( it was also cheaper to upgrade once at the hotel than booking with Virgin)
The hotel location needs to be carefully considered. It is a forty minute drive to Dubai so if you want to go into the city a lot this is not the best choice for you, however if you want a resort that offers so much without leaving it , then this is for you.
One other thing , we went All inclusive and given the price of the drinks and restaurants , I would highly recommend this option.
So , in summary not the most luxurious hotel in Dubai but unique and really worth trying it out.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the garden rooms if the budget allows.
4  Thank colin g

Dear colin g,

I am extremely pleased to read your review and your kind words about the resort; its facilities, the accommodation; the quality of the food and drinks, as well as the All Inclusive package which you have enjoyed during your stay with us.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the future.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

First time to Dubai, travelled by all the wonderful hotels out into what seemed like a bomb site and then drove into the hotel. First to greet us was a peacock in full bloom and from there on it was a truly wonderful experience. Staff at reception were so welcoming, we felt at home immediately. Loads of restaurants to choose from-white orchid my favourite. Service everywhere was perfect. Loads of space on the beautiful beach, plenty room around the many pools or you could relax on the grass. Only reason I haven,t given it 5 stars is I thought the rooms were relatively small compared to other 5 star hotels and balcony was minimal but it was adequate and very well maintained,with so much to do you don,t want to spend much time in your room. All age groups were there and there is something for everyone. Another negative is it is disastrous for your figure as the food was scrumptious.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fionmckwn

Dear fionmckwn,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

It was great to read that you had a wonderful experience during your stay. I would like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities, the peacocks, as well as the quality of food and drinks that you have enjoyed, in particular the White Orchid Restaurant which you have kindly mentioned was your favorite.

You have also kindly mentioned that our associates were welcoming and that you felt at home immediately. You have also kindly mentioned that the service levels you experienced everywhere around the resort was perfect. I would like to thank you for your comments, and I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to the associates.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is our 7th year at Jebel Ali Hotel and we still go back. We go because the Hotel is always finding someway of improving its hospitality. The new Palm Tree Court development is 5 star,
The new swimming pool and the beach area are first class. Our choice is the Premier Rooms on the 5th floor in the main hotel, this floor has its own private lounge and you are treated like royalty. Everything from food service golf and sailing to mention just a few are first class.
They even have two first class boats to dine on, one in its own harbour and one down in the creek. If its piece and quiet you want away from the town this is it. The staff are all great and they treat you as a guests. The courtesy coaches take you to the malls and attractions and bring you back to your hidden gem at Jebel Ali.

2  Thank BB2_11
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear BB2_11,

As a retuning guest to the resort, it was great to read that you again had a wonderful experience during your stay with us. I was also extremely pleased to read your comments with regards to the resort, its facilities, and the accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was first class. I do also appreciate your positive comments with regards to the the service at the Peacock Lounge which you have kindly mentioned that you wre treated like royalty.

I would also like to thank you for your praise for my associates who looked after you during your stay with us; I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was my second stay at the Jebel Ali Golf resort and spa I travelled with my husband and three young children and stayed in a superior golf view room. This is an excellent family hotel with great food and service. I echo the many positive points made on the previous reviews of this hotel.

The rooms are perhaps a little dated compared to some other hotels in Dubai but as there is so much to do in the resort you will spend very little time in your room anyway. Rooms were kept spotlessly clean and towels and linen were changed daily.

I tried all of the restaurants in the hotel and all were brilliant. For me the best being the White Orchid.

All of the staff will go out of there way to make your holiday as enjoyable as possible. I found staff particularly accommodating of young children.

I would highly recommend the kids club where staff were great and even remembered my daughter from our previous stay 9 months before.

The only negative point I would make is that there is very little for younger children to do in the evenings, other 5* hotels we have visited had mini disco's inside the kids club or movie nights.

Ill also add that allowing people to smoke in the pool at the pool bars is pretty unpleasant, not just for children but also adults who wish to sit in the shade for a period of time. This is also pretty un-hygienic as often ash would go into the pool.... its not really expected, especially if you are looking to attract young families.

We had a fantastic holiday at the Jebel Ali golf resort and Spa and cannot wait to return shortly.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Em846
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Em846,

I would like to thank you for your very kind words regarding the resort, its facilities, the accomodation as well as the quality of food and drinks that you have enjoyed, in particular the White Orchid which you have kindly mentioned were the best!

Please rest assured that we are very grateful indeed for the points you brought to our attention, and your feedback on TripAdvisor has been discussed in detail and actions have or are in the process on being implemented to improve in the areas mentioned.

I would also like to thank you for your praise for my associates who looked after you and your family during your stay wih us; I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.