“An amazing resort with amazing staff returning in July” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
Ranked #61 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“An amazing resort with amazing staff returning in July”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Have just returned from this fantastic resort after celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary here. We love dubai as a city and have been over 12 times in various hotels including jumeirah beach and Atlantis and it is certainly up there with the rest.

All of the staff are so polite and welcoming and the food was amazing.

In fact we loved this resort so much we are returning with our family on 14th July. (All 9 of us) we are so excited to visit this hotel again.

We previously stayed in hotel 912 which is fantastic, and this time we have booked palm tree court.

Cannot wait to see what this trip may bring I hope it will be as good as last time

Mr and mrs Livesey.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank CathL2
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Mr and Mrs Livesey,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

As a returning guest to the resort, it was a pleasure to read your review, and I was happy to know that you celebrated your 40th wedding anniversary with us!

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort and it facilities. I do appreciate your positive comments with regards to my team who looked after you whilst staying with us. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I ook forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in July 2013.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was our third visit to Jebel Ali in the past 8 years. since our last visit 3 years ago, the rooms in Palm Tree Courts have been renovated and tastefully modernised; they are without doubt the largest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in, plenty of wardrobe and drawer space and a luxurious bathroom. We were on the ground floor so we have a patio outside and a grassed area with sunbeds, which was nice after a day on the beach, or for a change.
We used all the restaurants and favour White Orchid, which was also our favourite spot for breakfast, with lovely views and a relaxed quiet atmosphere in the morning. We tried 'shooters' for the first time and used the shooting gallery there, great fun and a very safe and impressive set-up, good for bored teenagers!
We also had a half day in the spa, magnificent!
We don't really bother with going into Dubai city, as it's about 30 minutes away, though we did go to Emirates mall and Dubai Marina one morning as there was a sandstorm blowing.Taxis are very cheap by UK standards, so a trip into the city is only about £15 or less and there is a free hotel bus, (which we didn't use.)
I don't really see the distance to Dubai city as an issue, as most resorts we go to around the world have 'remote' locations - having seen the hustle and bustle of the Dubai Marina area, it was very satisfying to go back to the peace and serenity of the resort!
It's hard to find anything to complain about- the staff are all wonderful and can't do enough for
you, but if I had to find something, it would be the peacocks squawking, though they are very amusing and attractive to watch during the day!
All in all a perfect holiday, we would have no hesitation in returning or recommending.

Room Tip: Palm Tree Court is separate from the main hotel, with mature tropical gardens stretching to the beac...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear malcmix,

As a returning guest to the resort, it was a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful holiday, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, the beach, the accommodation which you found tastefully modernized. You have also kindly mentioned that you enjoyed the food in our restaurants across the resort, in particular the White Orchid and Shooters.

I have noted your feedback with regards to noise disturbance from the peacocks that we have across the resort. The peacocks are a feature of the resort, and many guests do enjoy them, however I would like to apologise for any discomfort this may have caused you during your stay with us.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Best place to be away from city!!
5star service, super clean and staff very friendly.
Many activities offered with 4 pools and different selection of international cuisine.
+ baby play area!
We tried all type of rooms and always go there when we get the chance as we feel outside Dubai which give us the feeling of being on vacation/retreat.
Exceptional massage treatment - to do!!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear PeggyAdy,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities, the pools as well as the spa treatment which you have kindly mentioned were exceptional!

I do appreciate your positive comments for my asssociates whom you felt were very friendly. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Be careful when looking at a map and mistaking this for being next to the Palm Jumeirah. It is located way north of the Palm Jumeirah, on the developing Palm Jebel Ali. In short it takes 45 minutes in a taxi from the airport to the hotel. I believe free transfers are on offer.
Small rooms and lots of Russians ;) but the resort is a nice relaxing break.
The beach is very nice and restaurants (esp. the Italian) are top class. Customer service is like nothing on earth, unless you're from the USA where it's the norm.
There is transport laid on to take one to the malls, but this does take a long time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RMiddleton
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear RMiddleton,

I was pleased to read your review, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilites, the beach, as well as the quality of food inLa Traviata Restaurant which you have kindly mentioned was top class.

I was disappointed to read your comments about the resorts location. I would lke to inform you that many of our guests enjoy the location which offers space and tranquility, with the option of going to the nearby malls and attractions which is just a short bus ride away. Please accept my sincere apologies if your expectations were not met in any way.

Sutton Surrey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

It's all very nice, but falls short of really good in many areas. It's miles outside Dubai city so be prepared for taxis or the odd timetable of the courtesy bus if you want to go to the Malls or The Palm. Pools clean and lots of lifeguards (really good). Nice beach but there are better near Dubai Marina. Food at the White Orchid restaurant (east Asian) excellent: elsewhere it's pretty ordinary, although the breakfast buffet is pretty good. Fish overcooked at the floating fish restaurant as was the steak at "Shooters". Still nice but nowhere near 5 star. Watch some of the ways to catch you for extras if you are on the all inclusive deal - the Teppanyaki table in the White Orchid is outside the deal which is not explained until you arrive and there is no "credit" for the meal you are not having (you pay the full price for it). They also serve European spring water rather than local unless you specify - also extra charges. The wi-fi is truly awful. Service is friendly everywhere but they just don't really get want good service looks and feels like. Like so much with this hotel it comes up just short.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Simon C
Dear Simon C,

I would like to thank you for your very kind words regarding the resort, and its facilities, the pools as well as the food in White Orchid Restaurant which you have kindly mentioned was excellent.

I can assure you that the management team and I are now looking into the areas of improvement which you have highlighted, which allows us to continually improve so we can avoid such shortcomings in the future.

Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed 2 nights during the Easter weekend at Jebel Ali Beach hotel. First of all, we were really surprised how far away the resort is from downtown Dubai (60km from the airport), meaning you cannot take the full potential of all entertainment around Dubai. The hotel offers complementary shuttle buses but it takes 1h 15min to Dubai mall. We were glad that we stayed before in the financial district so we could explore the few sights in Dubai more. From the outside the hotel looks pretty old and worn down, the rooms however have been recently renovated. They are quite nice but a bit small for a beach resort. We only had breakfast and one dinner in the resort. The breakfast buffet is very nice and the Arabian night we tried also offered delicious specialities from all over the Middle East. The choice of restaurants is quite diverse (2 changing buffets every night, an Italian restaurant, an Asian restaurant etc.). During the Easter weekend the hotel was mainly frequented by families and Russian guests so we wouldn't recommend it for a romantic couples hide-out.

Pro's: The hotel offers a lot of different activities (golf, diving, horse riding, tennis etc.), the staff is quite nice, the food is quite good for such a highly frequented hotel

Con's: location (don't consider this one for a Dubai city trip), the beach (very crowded and stuck in between an industrial harbour and a semi finished highway), dress code (in a 5* hotel guests shouldn't be allowed to walk around in open shirts showing their beer belly at breakfast)

Overall, I don't consider the Jebel Ali Beach Resort very good value for money and not a 5* service level as labeled.

Room Tip: Do not bother with sea view as the view is spoiled with an industrial harbour and a semi-finished hi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tg81
Dear tg81,

I like to thank you for your very kind word regarding the resort, our facilities and the activities, as well as the quality of the food across the resort, which you have kindly mentioned was very good.

I have noted your comments with regards to the size of the rooms which was not to your expectations. I would like to apologies for this, and I am happy to advise you that we do have our newly added Junior Suites and Suites at Palm Tree Court, which I can recommend for future stays.

I was sorry to read your comments with regards to the resorts location. Many of our guests enjoy the location which offers space and tranquility, with the option of going to the nearby malls and attractions which is just a short bus ride away.

I have also noted your comments in relation to the dress code policy, which we appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments and as such I have shared your comments with our Executive Assistiant Manager Incharge of Food and Beverage for further review.

Despite you dissappointment, I hope that we will have the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Very much enjoyed the holiday a complete place where you will get everything you needed lots of fun both business and family groups ,service make a big differnce very very polite and attentive staff in all areas,greeted everywhere with smile!!!! what a joy!!! recommend to any one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wccanalysis
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear wccanalysis,

I would like to thank you for your kind words about the resort as well as the facilities, and I was so happy to read that you had an enjoyable holiday.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words about our associates who looked after you during your stay with us. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.