“Good resort hotel if all inclusive your priority (if not then go elsewhere)”

JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
Ranked #65 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Good resort hotel if all inclusive your priority (if not then go elsewhere)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

A good 4 star hotel by Dubai standards although compared to The Westin or Jumeriah Beach hotel not 5 star luxury. The real downside though is the location as it is a long drive (plus 30 mins) from the main areas of Dubai such as the marina and further to the old city or Burj areas. If you want to stay put in the resort and do little else on all inclusive basis then this is for you. If not and have children try for a deal at the Jumeriah Beach or The Westin at the marina.

Family and childcare facilities are good although the crèche and kids club is not complimentary (nor pushchair hire) and they are at the other The Westin and Jumeriah Beach previously stayed at. The meal at the White Orchid was exceptional as was the fresh fish at Divaz however it is expensive eg more than £100 for a couple with young child with no alcohol. The buffet menus are good but standard for Dubai. If you wish to have alcohol it is expensive and of course it is a long way from Dubai city and marina so options elsewhere are non-existent. The complementary bus service is good but make sure you get up early as we were not quick enough and missed our stop so ended up at the Mall of the Emirates as the driver wouldn't turn back for us even though clearly on crutches! For children the pets corner and pony rides are a nice touch and not available at other similar resorts.

The staff are helpful and very friendly but again this is Dubai standard in top hotels. The rooms are smaller in size than the other 2 hotels mentioned and the bathrooms not as luxurious. The pools do not have a covered area which is standard at the other 2 and important if you want to protect children from the power of the sun. The rooms and general areas are vey clean and the housekeeping staff clearly take great pride in their work which was appreciated eg leaving a fruit bowl in the room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Thedragon22
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Thedragon22,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

I would like to thank you for your very kind words regarding the resort, and its facilities, the stables, the All Inclusive package, as well as the cleanliness of the hotel. You have also kindly mentioned that you enjoyed the food in our restaurants across the resort, in particular the White Orchid and Divaz.

Please rest assured that we are very grateful indeed for the points you brought to our attention, and your feedback on TripAdvisor has been discussed in detail and actions have or are in the process on being implemented to improve in the areas mentioned.

You have also kindly mentioned that our associates were helpful and very friendly, which I would like to thank you for, and I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Inverness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed here from 10 March for 4 nights. 3 generations, myself, father and 11yr old daughter. Plenty for us all to do. The staff are excellent and a credit to the hotel, especially like their comments on their badges of "i love.. " Always a warm welcome. We were upgrades to a pool view room and lovely to open to curtains and see the sunshine across to the marina. My Dad enjoyed the golf course, pools are lovely and varied. Food is excellent and of a very high standard. I must say having stayed in plenty of hotels that the beds are the comfiest I have ever slept in, we were up and on the go early each day but I could have spent more time in them if i could ! Well worth a visit - love it want to go back !

Room Tip: worth paying extra for a pool/sea view room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank clareg1973
Dear clareg1973,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I was extremely pleased to read that you had a very good stay with us. You have kindly mentioned the lovely views across the Marina, as well as the rooms which you have mentioned had very comfortable beds. I would also like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, the pools and the golf course, as well as the quality of the food that you enjoyed, which you felt was excellent and to a high standard.

You have also kindly mentioned that our associates were excellent, which I would like to thank you for, and I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Spent a weekend March (14-15-16) there for a wedding, and was really impressed.
Breakfast buffet was one of the bests I've seen in some time, and the service above par.
The palm court rooms are just stunning, with peacocks running wild everywhere :)
Maybe the only downside was that it was really crowded, and kids hogging the pool bar, but quite understandable since it's the peak season.
My only recommendation would probably be to have some kind of 'adults only' pool.
Other than that, I really enjoyed my stay, and would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Palm court rooms are just wonderful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Charles G
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Charles_Gh,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, the breakfast which you felt was the best that you have seen, as well as the hotel room which have kindly mentioned has a stunning views.

I have noted the areas for improvements which you have highlighted, and your welcomed feedback has been shared with my management team, and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that you may have experienced.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed here with our two young children in February half term. We were very happy with this resort. Visited Dubai many times over the years but this was our first time at this resort and being all inclusive. Rooms were excellent. We had a garden suite which was very spacious, clean, HUGE luxurious bathroom!!!! Pools were great. Several to choose from ranging from a baby pool to an adult's only pool. Lovely landscaped gardens with waterfalls and peacocks roaming around. Food was fantastic. Had the choice to dine in many restaurants throughout the resort. We ate in several different restaurants and they were all fantastic. The italian restaurant was lovely. Great choice of venues and food throughout. Staff very helpful and friendly. The only negative comment I would say is that it is advertised as a family friendly hotel and indeed we met lots of families on our stay but there wasn't anything to do for the children after dinner. We and lots of other families tended to eat dinner then go back to our rooms. Other than this though the resort is lovely and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tanya1__12
Dear Tanya1_12,

I am extremely pleased to know that you had an excellent stay with us, and that you enjoyed the All Inclusive package. I would like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the resort and its facilities, the pool and the gardens. You have also kindly mentioned that the hotel was well-equipped, has spacious rooms with a huge luxurious bathroom, as well as the standard and selection of food that you enjoyed, in particular La Traviata Restaurant.

You have also kindly mentioned that our associates were friendly and helpful, which I would like to thank you for, and I will ensure your compliments are passed on to them.

dundee scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

have just come back from our holiday in the Jebel Ali Hotel. we have been 6 times in this hotel and just love it. the staff always remember us and the food is excellent. my husband put on half a stone.!! the beach is fantastic and the weather was so good. cant wait to go back in september and see everyone again. we had a lovely meal in shooters restaurant one night and also in the Orchid. you need to go all inclusive as this is the best deal.

Room Tip: we always like sea facing rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ronnies40
Dear ronnies40,

As a returning guest to the resort, it was a pleasure to read that you had an amazing holiday, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, the beach, the All Inclusive package which you found to be good value. You have also kindly mentioned that you enjoyed the food in our restaurants across the resort, in particular the White Orchid and Shooters.

I do appreciate your positive comments with regards to my team who looked after you whilst staying with us. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We were so excited to have a day visit to the beach and have brunch in one of the restaurants and see the possibility of having a gym, pool & beach membership. I rang the hotel and enquire about the posibilities .The Call center lady was so upbeat and very helpful, she told me that you don't need a booking for the buffet lunch and a beach pass for the day. Upon arrival to the main gate we were stopped at the security entrance and a member of staff from Finance I suppose approached our car and informed us that outside guests are not allowed today without further enquiry. There was no welcome or warmth as expected and I felt so embarrassed with the way he spoke to us which i found to be rude. I explained to him that we spoke with the Call Center and they informed us that we can come. He requested money for the buffet lunch to have access which we paid for the three of us and three vouchers were provided. We were not given directions and at the same time which restaurant in particular. We assumed we will be informed at the hotel by the hostesses. We parked our car and went to the lobby and was directed to the beach by one staff member but she was not sure of were the buffet barbarcue buffet lunch was. When we managed to find our way to the beachside there were more than one restaurant so we had to approach one gentlemen at the one of the restaurant with a gazebo. He must have been the EAM as written on the badge. He was helpful but his directions were not satisfactory .After explaining to him that staff we met had no clue of were this place is and our history of getting lost I expected more clear directions or preferably someone to walk a few steps with us. A gentle man In a buggy realized that we were going to the wrong path so he stopped and directed us to Le Fontain were we had our lunch.

The buffet lunch was amazing, the food was fresh, delicious and the very tasty and the waiters were so efficient. It's a real deal and value for money. The beach experience was great and the lifeguards so attentive . Will definitely come back

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Tinashe M
Dear Tinashe16,

I would like to thank you for your very kind word regarding the resort, as well as the quality of the food across the resorts which you have mentioned was amazing.

I was also pleased to read your personal compliments with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay, whom you have kindly mentioned were efficient, helpful and attentive. I would however like to offer my sincerest apologies that you felt that the service was not always consistent. Please rest assured that emphasis is given to training in hospitality and customer service, as we strive to maintain our tradition of providing exceptional service to our guests.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were so happy with this hotel we didn't leave the resort all week! Fabulously comfy beds and wonderful staff who go out of their way to ensure your happiness.Great range of food and drinks on the all inclusive menu, and more than enough restaurant options - all with amazing food (really good quality). Lovely landscaped gardens and pool areas with loads of sunbeds (and parasols). Gorgeous white sandy beach, three pools (2 have swim-up bars), one pool is a 'quiet, adult only' area. Only slight negative I can possibly think of is there were lots of families with lots of children; also the room balconies are quite small, but as we spent most of our time out of the room this didn't bother us at all. We never go back to the same place twice, but with 30 degrees and solid sunshine in the first week of March plus the great all inclusive option, I think we will be extremely tempted! Top marks to the lovely manager Fredrick who made time to speak to everyone at the manager's cocktail party, what a delight to be asked if there was anything else that could possibly be done to improve our holiday - our answer was no :-)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ALittleBitSpoiled
Dear ALittleBitSpoiled,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I was extremely pleased to learn that you had a very great stay on the All Inclusive package. I would also like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort and its facilities, in particular the pool and beach, the garden’s, as well as the quality of the food and drinks that you enjoyed during your stay with us. I was also happy to read that you enjoyed the rooms, and felt that the beds were lovely and comfortable.

I have noted the areas for improvements which you have highlighted, and your welcomed feedback has been shared with my management team. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Your praise for our associates is much appreciated, and I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.