“Great and relaxing holildays”

JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
Ranked #72 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great and relaxing holildays”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This was our 2nd time in UAE and our first in Jebel Ali. We had two superior rooms on the 5th floor.
Our holiday tops and flops:

TOPS:
1. Rooms
We are totally satisfied with the rooms. They are big enough (superior rooms, 60m2), cleaning was exellent (twice a day). There was a sort of smaller reception / lounge on the 5th floor which was very appreciated even if we found the personnel was more frendly than skilled, which is ok if you are on holiday, but not ok if you are on a business trip. The beds in Jebel Ali are sooooooo good that I would like to know the brand of it! My husband, who normally snores, did not snore a single night during our stay and it must be because of the madrasses :-)!

2.Food
During our one week stay we had very nice dinner in White Orchidee, which had the best service and food on that resort. The Italian restaurant had good choise of pastas and pizzas, which is good if you are travelling with kids.We found food in the buffet restaurant very good, but being vegetarian I would have preferred a bit more choise for the main courses, because at the end, we pay as much as the meat/fish eaters (all-incl.option), who had enourmous selection.But no doubt, we never left the restaurant hungry!

3. Gym
The gym was really nice suprise and can be highly recommended, as well as the restaurant in the same building. Service there was again - great! We wanted actually play golf, but it was far to hot to even think about it.

4. Shuttle bus
The hotel is offering free shuttel bus service to different malls and Altlantis etc and that is a great service, especially for those travellers (like me) which don't like hiring a car abroad and don't prefer taxis for safety reasons.

5. Beach
Beach was clean and nice thanks to that friendly tractor driver who was cleaning the beach early in the morning (see photos).

FLOPS
1. Water sports
They only cloud on our holiday sky was the water sports provider Watercooled. We assume they are just hiring the spot (??) and they were totally uninterested to give any service what so ever. Their service was slow, unfriendly and it reminded us more about "Little Britain's " "Carol says no - Computer says NO" :-) than a 5* Golf and SPA service. We have been travelling to Mauritius, Caribbean Islands, Hawaii etc. but during all those years we never had such a lousy service. So shame, beacause we were really looking forward making lot of water sports, because there is not not much other sports you can practise in that heat in July.

2. Dress code
Before our holiday we checked quickly the dress code on Jebel Ali's web site, and were informed that to most of à la carte restaurants (White Orchid, Traviata) prefer casual / smart casual but that won't be practiced at all. So you better leave you nice summer cloths back home and save that space for shopping in Dubai Mall :-) It was really disturbing having a nice dinner with execellent food with your family in a 5* hotel and you dress up but table next to you have obviously ignored those recommendations totally and you could easily not only notice the lack of table manners but also count their nail fungus.. ( some east europeans insist still appear in shorts and flip flops even in the evening). If there is a dress code, it should be followed, otherwise better not to have any at all. This is a management matter to inform their travel agency partners about such things and if that does not help, just simply advise those guests to the beach restaurant. So simple is that. We not allowed to enter the mosquees in shorts and t-shirts either and requested to leave if we don't dress appropriate.

3. Bar
Mushref Bar was a bit disappointment. It was smoky and not much going on there.
Even if I don't play billiard myself, I like watching people playing and it is a good way to come in contact with local people and other turists, so a billiard table would be a good investment up there. And please, no smoking, smoking is definetly out in nowdays.

4. Pool
Pool was actually nice, once you were in it :-).But thanks gud, we did not have our mother-in law with her hip problems with us, as last time in UAE, because you just can't walk into the pool. But we assume, that once the new pools are ready, this problem will be solved. The lifeguards did btw very good job round the pool and there was seldom jumping, screaming and shouting even if there was just one pool in use.

....
Finally, there was some construction work at the Palm Tree Court&SPA and we were offered two options as compensation, and we chose the option 2 (3 free nights next year)and were promised to get our vouchers per mail in few days, but so far the mail box is empty :-(.

But all in all, we had hot, relaxing, sunny and fantastic holidays in Jebel Ali. We will definetly come again. And once we get our vouchers we'll make next years bookings straight away!

We would like to thank you the Jebel Ali's staff for their efforts making our holidays unforgettable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th floor are quiet and spacious. Reception and lounge is great for those travellers wh...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Joseline B
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Dear Joseline B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

I would firstly like to thank you for your very detailed review, which has covered in detail all aspects of your stay.

I was happy that you enjoyed the rooms, and also found the beds to be very comfortable, which I am pleased to invite you to contact us and we would be happy to assist you with the details for the mattresses.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the food, and also for your suggestions in relation to having more vegetarian options available.

It is with all guest feedback that allows us to continually improve, and as such I would like to thank you for your suggestions and feedback in relation to the water sports, dress code in the restaurants and the entertainment in the bar. I would like to invite you to contact me directly so that we can assist you further in relation to the vouchers that you have mentioned. I can be contacted at Generalmanager.JAGRS@jaihotels.com.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the near future.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This was our first time at Jebel Ali so we did not know what to expect. First, the food was the best we have ever had and we particularly enjoyed the Italian restaurant and Shooters plus the sports bar is definately well worth a visit. All the staff throughout the resort were so friendly and helpful and there was nothing they could not do for you. We took advantage of the free bus services so we went to Atlantis Aquaventure park, the mall of emirates and the Dubai mall. Each of these were magnificent. Everywhere including the hotel was so clean and tidy and all the time the rooms kept perfect. My husband is a keen golfer so particularly enjoyed the fantastic golf course which is kept to an amazing standard. There were always plenty of sun loungers for everyone and the attendants were always checking if we needed another drink. The all inclusive is fantastic value for money and we cannot rate it higly enough We are looking forward to visiting again next year. Thank you so much for a fantastic holiday Jebel Ali.

Room Tip: Sea view was definitely worth paying extra for.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ali191278
Dear Ali191278,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

I was happy to read that you stayed with us for the first time, and had a fantastic vacation on the All Inclusive package.

I would like to thank you for your kind words for the food which you felt was the best that you have had, and also for the cleanliness of the resort, the golf course as well your praise for the friendliness of the associates.

I look forward to hearing from you have to have the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Brentwood
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I had a great holiday. This hotel is good for different ages. Set on the beach and with some truly fantastic restaurants. So much choice. All the staff are very friendly. The room was very clean maybe a bit small but then we were hardly every in our room apart from to sleep. Can't wait to return soon.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Linda P
Dear Linda P,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed a great vacation, and I would like to thank you for your kind words about the resort, its location, the cleanliness and the restaurants.

I would also like to thank you for your praise for the associates whom you have mentioned were friendly.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 22, 2012

From the onset-attending a friend beach wedding, this resort has left a good spot, nice beach, food, room can't complain-- its average in general. However, they should improve their customer service, from room reservation to accounting system and should be a bit lenient especially with corporate accounts. Colleagues I booked here from South Africa were happy except the challenges of transportation going to Marina has been a pain....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Shetravel76,

I would like to thank you for your praise for the hotels location, as well as the nice beaches and food.

I was however sorry to read that you encountered some challenges in relation to customer service, which to allow me to address your concerns further, I would welcome you to contact me directly at Generalmanager.JAGRS@jaihotels.com.

Manchester
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is our second time here. However this time we went for the all inclusive. The food in any of the restaurants is as good as any michelin star restaurant. Talk about putting weight on.
This time I took my parents with me. They are seasoned travellers who have been most places in the world and for them to say this is the best resort they have been to in all of their years of travelling states how good this hotel really is.
We are already planning our 3rd visit same time next year with even more of the family. Can't wait.

Room Tip: Use the free shuttle bus to ibn battuta Mall and jump on the Monorail to the Dubai Mall (£3 return t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Popster_uk
Dear Popster_uk,

As a returning guest it was nice to read your review, and I was pleased that you enjoyed the All Inclusive package.

I would like to thank you for your praise for the food that you enjoyed, and also to hear that you are already planning to next trip to the resort.

Fleetwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2012

What can we say, this hotel was fantastic, we stayed for a week & wish it could have been longer. Room very comfortable, kept spotless by the housekeeping staff.Kingsley is a credit to your hotel Totally enjoyed all aspects of the hotels restaurants. Food fresh every meal. Good selection. A special thankyou to Jake assistant manager who sorted out & bent over backwards to sort out my dietry needs. A special mention as well for Joycee who always had a smile on her face & made you welcome.As did all the staff. The choices of food,I don't know you do it. The all inclusive package is worth every penny.

Whoever states that there is not enough sunbeds to cater for guests cannot count, as we found that there where more than enough to cope with numbers there. I have read that guests had problems.... I wonder why they had not mentioned to the team at reception, whilst at the hotel. Giving them the chance to put right what was thought to be wrong. I was very apprehensive before arriving, why I cannot say, I shouldn't have been everything was perfect.

Can I also say a very big thankyou to Bianca for sorting out a room for us after we had to leave our room, which we were able to use untill early evening. We had an early morning flight. The staff in reception made our very long wait very pleasant. From the cleaners right through to management, they are very proffessional, efficient without being overbearing.

From the Captains Bar staff down by the beach who in very hot conditions kept smiling. Even they made meals specially for me.

I have been told I must mention the staff in the Mushref Bar (always called by husband mushy pea bar )who were very attentive always had time to laugh with you but I might add very proffessional in everything they did. I could go on for ever. We will stay at this hotel again. Soon we hope.

Oh before I go, if your worried regarding th building work on the grounds at the moment, don't be
you will not hear anything. You know its going on. It does not effect you in any way.

To all staff at the Jebel Ali. WELL DONE FOR MAKING OUR HOLIDAY PERFECT.

THANKYOU John, Georgina & Aaron Parkin

Room Tip: we stayed on the 1st floor facing the gardens & marina. Very quiet, the peococks play underneath...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank HappyatMexicans
Dear HappyatMexicansSebaek,

It was a pleasure to read your review, which was very complimentary towards many of the associates who looked after you during your stay. I will ensure that your kind words are shared with them personally.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words about the comfort of the rooms, cleanliness across the resort as well as the All Inclusive package which you found to be value for money.

I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

This is our first stay at the jebel Ali but it certainly won't be our last. Everything is 5 star here, food is out of this world and the service and friendliness of staff is really second to none. There are quite a few restaurants and bars closed due to renovations which is not a major issue but Ramadan started today and we weren't informed that this meant no alcohol until 8pm - I understand the culture but they dont drink so why the alcohol restriction? But all in all we will certainly be back to this wonderful resort and cannot wait to see it all completed and fully open.

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank rltradesales
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear rltradesales,

I would like to thank you for your kind words about the food which you found to be amazing and also for your praise for the friendliness of the associates.

I was sorry to hear that you were not informed about the start of the Holy month of Ramadan, which there are certain legal obligation's in place with regards to the serving of alcohol during this time in the UAE.

I am pleased that you plan to return to the resort in the future to see the hotel after our refurbishment program is completed.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.