Where do you start ??.. Holiday'd at the Jebel Ali May 11 - thru 19. We were looking for an " all inclusive package " as Dubai isn't cheap these days for eating and drinking. This was our 5th time in Dubai and the first time at the Jebel Ali. So, as we said, where do you start?.
The hotel looked massive from the pictures in the brochures but infact only has rooms on five floors. We were upgraded to the 5th floor as we were celebrating my birthday while in Dubai ( main reason for travel ). The 5th floor has it's own check in and the rooms are great !. The suite was absolutely excellent. The mini bar wasn't part of the " all inclusive package " though !. Room was attended to at least twice a day. There are three staff to look after you and a young lady called " Florence " was exceptional!. Nothing was too much trouble.
We visited all the restaurants and bars while there and found everything to be exceptional. Our first experience in the " Shooters Restaurant " was not what we expected. A cross between Tex-Mex and Steaks. We wouldn't use the word " complain " in it's usual context - only to say we spoke with the assistant manager after the meal was cleared and voiced " our concerns ". Then the manager - Mr Ahmed - hunted us down and noted, with concern and clarity, what our issues were. We were then invited back and what a difference. Great steak - and the Shooters Restaurant VERY worthy of your time.
Our favourite restaurant was perhaps the " White Orchid ". Two meals there and both exceptional. Do the Teppenyaki experience. Possibly, got the careful here, possibly the best meal we've ever had. La Traviate too - book early to avoid dissapointment in any of these fine restaurants. The manager of this restaurant too worthy of high praise. Remembered our names etc even when we were walking about the resort. There was of course the normal buffet in the main building featuring different " themes " every night. French, Spanish, German - you get the picture. We used this only for breakfast really. Lunch at Captains Bar - try the fish and chips - brilliant. We were concerned at the stigma of " brits abroad eating fish and chips ". This wasn't - believe us - this wasn't like any fish and chips you get here in the UK. Loved the music here too!
We spent our days by one of three pools. Life guards VERY helpful and a credit to the hotel. The pools immaculate. Child friendly - two pools have covers to protect the little ones from the mid-day sun. Plenty of sun beds and don't be put off if you see every bed has a towel on it when you arrive. The pool guys put a towel on every bed ( yellowry - orange colour ) but this is purely for you to add your own too. We thought the first day that everything was taken - how wrong.
All inclusive package. Usually the drinks prove weak - we know - we've travelled. Not the Jebel though. In other All-Inc places we've visited you get the local beer, local wine and watered down gin, vodka etc. Not here. Budweisser, Sol, Amstel - you name it. Branded gin - Bombay - " all inc ". Pinot, Sauvignon and Chemin blanc - all inclusive. And what a way to compliment the highest levels of food by accompanying any meal with such choice.
Any niggles - negatives.? Only that we didn't book this hotel the last time we were in Dubai.
Positives !. We're already looking to book again for next year - do the ten day package though. 7 is too short, 14, we consider, too long.
Truely enjoy readers !!!!! It is " outstanding "...........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the golden shores of the Arabian Gulf, the Jebel Ali Beach Hotel at the award-winning Jebel Ali Golf Resort features 231 standard rooms and suites over 5 floors. In addition to the palm-lined private beach and temperature-controlled swimming pools, the resort also features a 9-hole golf course with golf academy, 80-berth marina, horse riding stables, a variety of different restaurants and bars and The Spa, a purpose-built wellness facility overlooking the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jebel Ali Golf Hotel Dubai
- Jebel Ali Golf Resort And Spa
- Jebel Ali Hotel Dubai
- Jebel Ali Golf Resort Spa