“I go every year and it just gets better and better”

JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
Ranked #70 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I have been going to Jebel Ali every summer since around 2008 with the exception of 2011. I plan to stay again in August 2012 for a family birthday. As you will read below, Jebel Ali has become a great place for our family celebrations - for the luxury factor, the hotel is well worth it and if you book smartly online, you don't have to pay premium prices for the premium quality!

2008: excellent first stay at the Golf Resort Hotel - was amazing with views of the pool. Great room with turn down service, great service overall and a safe. The breakfast was outstanding with buffet breakfast. The buffet is huge and well presented. This was our first trip to Dubai and my family took me as a graduation present. I was bowled over by the hospitality of the staff and their willingness to assist. Through the staff, we booked various city tours, the river cruise and dinner and sightseeing

2009: I stayed with family for my 23rd birthday and my fathers birthday (they are both within days of each other). The staff made an absolute fuss of me firstly all singing happy birthday at breakfast then later in the evening delivering a huge chocolate cake and a bottle of champagne to celebrate. This particular year, the golf resort part of the hotel was under renovation so we stayed in the Palm Tree Court which was exceptional. Unless they had told us there were renovation works we would not have noticed because we did not even hear a peep from the other part of the resort - other hotels take note - this is how you renovate your properties - with the least stress for your guests! Follow Jebel Ali's example!! Buffet breakfast was smaller and not so imaginative but the whole experience was amazing - by far the best birthday I've ever had thanks to the Jebel Ali team!

2010: Again, stayed in normal standard hotel rooms with family in the golf report area of the hotel. This time had a balcony looking out onto the front of the hotel which was equally nice. There are no bad views of this resort. Staff remembered me and the family and all I can say is that I missed not going in 2011!

General:

Location: The hotel is far our from Dubai city and first along west from the Palm Jumeriah. This may be problem for some but the hotel provides a comprehensive and complimentaryshuttle service which runs at regular intervals between the resorts and various tourist and shopping spots in the main city.

Food & Service: We tended to drive out to the city or marina for dinner to explore other restaurants so only really ate in the hotel for breakfast / brunch. This is on from 6am to about 11.30am so you can take an early breakfast or lie in and go for a 'brunch' meal. I usually chose the latter with my parents going a lot earlier! best thing here is that they have regional foods as well as good old fashioned british fry ups! Lovely!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Dal C
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Dear Dal C,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your previous stays at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

It is always a pleasure to read feedback from our returning guests, and I very much enjoyed reading your comments from your stays over the past couple of years.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities and in particular for the associates whom you have mentioned looked after you very well and recognized your birthday during one visit, making it special!

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa next year.

Fredrik Reinisch

Write a ReviewReviews (3,555)

Reviewed October 31, 2011

What a shocker, we've received excellent service all around Dubai until we ended up for lunch at the Captains Bar at the resort. First we had to waive down 2 waiters and then ignored us as they fought about who need to serve us - certainly not out of eagerness to be the first one to come to our rescue - actually not to serve us.

Haven't seen such poor service in a long time, I would suggest that the hotel get a bit more staff and train then on being polite and service driven, as this clearly shown they don't have that attitude.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oiltraveller
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2011

Dear Oiltraveller,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

I would like to thank you for your feedback, which we do appreciate in order to continually improve our products and services. I was extremely disappointed to read that the service you received during your recent visit to the resort, was not to your expectations. I would like to sincerely apologise for any shortfall relating to this which we take very seriously.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the future.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed in the main hotel which we believe is a better 4 star rather than a 5 star hotel. Despite traveling as a family with 2 children we did not get a 2 rooms next to each other .The rooms are very small ( the ones situated on the lower ground floor offer more space) Decoration is ok. Food quality is ok but not exceptional, particularly the buffet diners are not worth the price.Very annoying that one has to make reservations in most à la carte restaurants several days ahead.
Staff is generally very friendly and helpful. This is a true holiday resort. The beach area is nice and we appreciated the seawater pool.The Proposed sport activities are numerous although some facilities are not the most modern. We took golf and horse back ridding lessons and were very satisfied with the competence of the instructors.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank petwa

Dear petwa,

I would like to thank you for your feedback, which we do appreciate in order to continually improve our products and services. I was sorry to read that you experienced some frustration in relation to making dinner reservations in the restaurants. When the resort is experiencing particularly high occupancy, we do encourage guests to reserve in the restaurants in order to avoid any disappointment.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the associates who looked after you, whom you felt to be friendly and helpful.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed at the Jebel Ali resort for 8 nights during November 2008. We had a ground floor room with direct access to the garden, beach, pool. Every aspect if our stay was excellent. Loved the location away from the building cranes in the city. The staff provide excellent customer service and the facilities on the resort are fantastic. It makes for a real 'get away from it all' holiday. We hope to return to the Jebel Ali some time soon.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ange284

Dear ange284,

I was pleased to read that you had an excellent stay! I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities and in particular the associates who looked after you during your stay.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

My friend and I stayed here in July 2011 for a two week sun holiday on an AI basis (during Ramadan, more on that later). I have to say, we would both go back in a heartbeat!

The rooms were spacious and the level of cleaning service was exceptional. Rooms were fully serviced twice a day, with all toiletries / towels / water being replaced on both occasions. All cleaning staff were faultlessly polite and made a point of greeting you every time they saw you.

There are three lovely pools, with wooden loungers and cushions. We tried all three pools and preferred the quieter salt water pool, which although it had no pool bar (unlike the other two), usually had no children. Cooled face cloths were brought around twice a day and were a welcome relief in the heat of the sun!

We ate in three of the a la carte restaurants and enjoyed every single one of them, although the winner for us had to be the asian fusion cuisine of the White Orchid (the red duck curry was divine). The buffet nights were also fantastic, my personal favourite being the roasts and spits night and my slightly less carnivorous friend raved over the lebenese. Food was plentiful, hot and cooked to a high standard. I would happily have paid £30 per head for any of the meals we ate during our stay.

The AI seemed like a dream. How could we eat Haagen-Dazs ice-cream by the pool, fillet mingon for dinner, choose from 20 bottles of (very acceptable) wine and then go for after dinner margaritas (made with spirits I actually recognised the bottle of) for free?! The hotel was literally full of people asking if this was *really* all in the AI and some very bemused waiting staff assuring us it was. The proof is in the pudding, and my bill at the end of the stay was $0.00, despite having well over $2000 of receipts that we'd signed for during our stay.

Just a quick note on ramadan - if we had gone at any other time, we would not have been able to afford this amazing luxury holiday. The hotel was less busy than at other times of the year, so the staff more attentive and sunbeds plentiful! The only issue is that you can not drink alcohol until after sundown (which was 8pm this year). Personally, I can't drink in the sun anyway as it gives me a headache, so this wasn't an issue. The bar staff in the White Orchid (Doni, Lia, Christian and Suni) certainly helped us make up for lost time after sunlight hours by indulging us in an impromptu cocktail bar flair competition!

In summary - the service was faultless, the food and alcohol both delicious and plentiful, the weather was HOT and we loved our stay here. Thank you Jebel Ali for a fantastic trip.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank vicki_lomax
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Dear Vicki_lomax,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

It was a pleasure to read your very detailed feedback, and I was extremely pleased that you enjoyed a fantastic vacation.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the variety of food and beverage available on the All Inclusive package. I would also like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the facilities available, level of cleanliness at the resort and in particular the associates who looked after you’re during your stay.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

Overall we had a lovely time. We went with our 2 young children for 7 nights. The staff we very friendly in all sections. The rooms were cleaned to a good standard and generally the cleanliness was of a very good standard. There are plenly activities to get involved in including for children. However,the size of the rooms (standard sea view room) seemed a little tight for 2 adults and 2 children, which does state that its suitable for 2 adults and 1 child. We did complain and a sofa bed was bought in which made the room even tighter. The cost for food if not all inclusive was over priced for what you got. During our stay a Sweedish singer was there to promote her new album for one of the nights, however, she began singing the night before and it felt like being in the middle of a concert. Ordinarilly not a problem but when you have 2 young children who were trying to sleep not brilliant. We would recommend for anyone thinking of booking to consider all inclusive as you are quite a distance from the nearest mall and eating at the resturants is far too expensive. There is a very good shuttle bus service which takes you around which was a joy as the resort is so far from everything and taxis would be too expensive. If you were looking for a hotel away from the hustle and bustle of Dubai definately recommend as there are no tall buildlings around.

Room Tip: Make sure it is a sufficient size for amount of people going
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank a k

Dear a k,

I was pleased to read that overall you had a lovely time at the resort on your recent vacation with your family.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the level of cleanliness at the resort and the variety of activities available for your children.

I was however sorry to read that you were not completely satisfied with the space available in your room, and the prices within our restaurants. We do regularly carry out checks to ensure that our prices remain competitive within the local market.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

Originally booked into the Jebel Ali, moved due to the beach party which was outrageous going on into early hours of the morning. The hotel moved us to the Palm Court which was wonderful.. quiet, lovely set out rooms and of a standard you would expect in Dubai. Jebel Ali was so different to the Palm court would only ever go back to Palm court. Restaurants, pools staff in both were of a very high standard, the only issue we had, was that they had done an offer to come to the hotel and some of the people from the UK were dreadful, they were rude to the staff, complained about the food and the drinks... stay in Spain we want a nice holiday without loud drunks and children they dont bother to look after. Well done to the management and your team you made our holiday ..

Room Tip: Palm Court any room
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank asseret64
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2011

Dear asseret64,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Palm Tree Court and Spa.

I was sorry to read that you faced some disturbance with noise during your vacation, and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience experienced. I was however pleased to read that despite moving hotels, you had a wonderful vacation.

I would like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities and in particular for the associates who looked after you during your stay.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa.