“Superior, one of the best”

JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
Ranked #72 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
“Superior, one of the best”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

The Jebel Ali is an outstanding hotel and resort. The staff service is exceptional, the quality of the food is also exceptional.

The hotel and rooms are modern, clean and very comfortable.

Children are very well catered for, and there is a choice of 3 pools, depending on your preferences.

Sadly, the sea was too warm in August, but the beaches are beautiful and very clean.

I would rate the resort as one of the best we have stayed in, and we will be going back again - 2012 I hope!

Full credit to the hotel and it's staff, 10/10!

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank TheBiggsFamily
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Dear TheBiggsFamily,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

I would like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities and the associates who looked after you during your stay.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we do hope that we would have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the future.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
lebanon
Reviewed August 13, 2011

great hotel, a bit expensive though. clean rooms and pool. the breakfast is very nice.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank souhad
Dear souhad,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the rooms, pool and breakfast.

Market Rasen, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2011

This was our second visit to this hotel, after falling head over heals in love with it last year. Once again we cannot fault anything about the hotel, service and food. The staff are so helpful and pleasant, really making the holiday perfect.

Some people grumble about the hotel being about 30 mins out of Dubai, to be honest this is one of the things we really like about it and the hotel do offer a complimentary shuttle bus to various places in Dubai centre throughout the day.

We are already planning to visit again next year.

We look forward to seeing you again next August!!!! :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank big_dave_n_loobs
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2011
Dear big_dave_n_loobs,

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the future.

Dubai
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I stayed with my family and enjoyed the brunch-lunch. We used the kids club which went down well and the children wanted to remain all night. We used the Spa but the massage was not professional nor was the manner of the staff. I was very disturbed with the level of service and the arrangement within the Spa. I really wish I had not booked the treatment because I was left to feel worse than before. It was a horrid experience given the time spent was so limited.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
Dear Natalia-DPE,

I was pleased to read that your children enjoyed the children’s club whilst staying at the resort. I was however disappointed to read that you felt that the service levels in the Spa were not to your expectations. Your feedback is extremely important to allow us to allow us to continually improve our services, making any necessary improvements, and I would like to apologize if we fell short in any way.

I would therefore welcome the opportunity to obtain further information from yourself, if you could kindly contact me directly at Generalmanager.JAGRS@jaihotels.com

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2011

This was our fourth stay at the jebel ali hotel.Although we had a very relaxing stay there were a few things that were'nt up to scratch.Hot buffet food was cold.Rooms were nice but not cleaned properly.Dvd hire was extortionate.40 dirhams which is around 8pounds per rent.Although we were all inclusive we were not made aware of this.That aside you could'nt fault the staff.They were very friendly and always asked how you were.This is classed as a five star but really we would rate it a four.Last year we stayed at Le Royal Meridien and i would say thats a definate five star.I would definately stay at the jebel ali again. If your looking to be away from the hustle and bustle of the city then this is the place to stay.I would suggest that you take the all inclusive option as the prices in dubai have shot up in the last 2-3years.For example around 3.50 for a can of coke.Meals in the sports bar are very nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mackems3
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Dear mackems3,

As a regular visitor to the resort, it is always a pleasure to read your feedback, and I was happy to read that you enjoyed the All Inclusive package.

I was however disappointed to read that you felt the service levels were not to your expectations in some areas of your stay. Your feedback is extremely important to allow us to continually improve our services, making any necessary improvements, and I would like to apologize if we fell short in any way.

I would like to thank you for your very kind words in relation the associates, who you have mentioned were very friendly when looking after you.

UK,Surrey
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We spent 14 nights at the Jebel Ali hotel and as a responsible Trip advisor member I felt compelled to share my experience.

First and foremost, thank you to all who posted their experiences previously since this was extremely helpful and largely accurate.

We booked 2 sea view rooms and are a family of four (2 adults and two teenagers)

Location: the hotel is situated approximately 45 minutes from DXB airport. We requested a hotel transfer and when we landed we found our driver without much hassle. We were pleased to find that they sent a 5 series BMW which proved more than adequate. The cost of the transfer was 200Dirhams as opposed to a 100 Dirhams, which a taxi would have charged. In my view, it was worth the spend given that we landed at night and were happy just to get to the Hotel without the hassle of getting a cab.

The location of the hotel is excellent if you want to stay away from main Dubai and have no interest in travelling to the city and shopping in the hated, crowded, garish, over priced and asphyxiating malls. On the other hand, if you do want to get out and about then you need to constantly figure in the transfer times. The hotel does offer an efficient transfer service.

Also, the view from the lovely beach is somewhat blighted by the construction of the Jebel palm on the left and the port on the right but this is fairly minor given the lovely grass, palms and pool loungers.

Hotel: check in was quick and painless. The décor is somewhat dated and dark but this is offset by the family feel of the place. The Palm tree Court and Spa was better appointed with a more upmarket feel. The rooms too are a bit dated, disappointingly without a power shower (only a shower in the bath). However, the rooms in the Palm Tree Court are more modern and have an excellent shower.

Facilities/activities: The hotel had numerous day time activities on offer but because of the intense, make you melt, heat it was difficult to avail ourselves of these during the day except maybe from 4pm onwards. In this regard, perhaps rearranging the schedule so that outdoor activities were offered from later on in the day (2 to 5pm) would have made more sense instead of ending at 5pm.

The Sports café, gym, badminton, pool table etc, were all good and could be enjoyed because they were indoors and in air conditioning.

Perhaps my biggest gripes would be the lack of an effective entertainment team, lack of an indoor cigar smoking area (in the day) and lack of suitable night time entertainment and venue.

Activities in the day were usually lack lustre especially around the 3 pools. Compared to other 5 star resorts in Egypt and Turkey, one would expect the Hotel to have an energetic Animation Team and offer suitable activities for all guests not just under 12yr olds (e.g other guests had to physically arrange an adult waterpolo). Also, activities could be arranged in one or two of the pool areas with music etc and guests that did not want to participate could opt for the Spa pool for instance.

The hotel absolutely does not cater for those who would like to indulge in a cigar in the day! Instead, you are forced to smoke in the blistering heat, which detracts from the experience. The Mushraf bar is open at night only, where you can smoke, but just getting a seat is a challenge because it is so small and, frankly dingy. This bar also happens to occupy one of the best rooms in the hotel because it is situated at the top and offers beautiful views. Illogically it is closed during the day!

The hotel did offer belly dancing and some night time entertainment (thanks to the styling’s of Tobias, who did his best and was appreciated) but due the lack of space, I think the hotel could have done more compared to other 5 star hotels in the area (Atlantis, Burg al Arab etc.)

Staff/service: The hotels best points! I must say that this is one of the few hotels that I have stayed at, where most of the staff seemed genuinely happy to serve you and, aside from two exceptions which I will mention later, we received exceptional service. In summary (apologies for those omitted):

The good:
Christian at the Wild Orchid bar: exceptionally talented, friendly and efficient. I agree that his margaritas are truly tasty but one must try his chocolate martini-absolutely irresistible (insist that only he makes it);
Ali and Robin, poolside bar tenders, again they did their best despite the plague of orders. Robin, in particular, was my son’s favourite because he took the logical step of keeping bottles of water in the fridge which meant that they were refreshingly thirst quenching in the sweltering heat;
Sabrina, Rajesh, Sharon, Lea and Manjula all provided excellent service, always with a smile and a willingness to serve;
Praveen, efficient at arranging transportation and always ready to help.
Vikram, our room cleaner, was so good, that we offered to adopt him!

The bad:
Greg(surname unknown or offered) the drinks “manager” really needs to go on a communications workshop and taught how to speak to guests. A rude and obnoxious man who seems to care little for guest’s comfort. If you are confronted by this person, refuse to speak to him and ask to speak to the duty manager instead!

Nomar: a waiter in Ibn Majid- no latte glasses (insisted that latte’s come in tiny cups) despite the fact that these were obtained by another less lazy waiter when asked.

Concierge: sour, moody and unhelpful. However this excludes Lourence, who did render some assistance when asked.

The excellent:
Kenny, the Duty manager, and Amir Sabry. I was impressed with their friendly, customer orientated approach. Kenny heard my complaints patiently and sorted them out straight away. He was very approachable and gave the impression that guests were his priority, which is to be expected.

Amir too was very approachable, always enquiring about our stay and taking onboard our suggestions for improved service. Although a busy man, he took time to join us for a coffee and a chat making us feel very welcome and relaxed.
The fact that some of the hotel management take the time to get to know their guests in this way adds to the family appeal of this resort. Perhaps Kenny and Amir could mentor Greg then all would be perfect!

Food: This is also one of the hotels strong points. In short, we were not disappointed at any meal. It must be said that the hotel’s all inclusive package must be one of the best we have experienced. Branded drinks, cocktails on demand and a choice of restaurants to eat in meant we did not have to keep tabs on the hotel bill. Truly excellent. My favorite was the Arabian barbecue, the seafood was superb. Also, the Goan fish curry (served on Asian Night) was extraordinarily delicious. The service and tasty steaks at Shooters also deserve a mention.

A slight disappointment was that Divaz was closed since we really wanted to dine on the yacht.

Overall, I would certainly recommend this hotel as an ideal family destination provided that you visit in the cooler months and are not expecting the glitz and glamour of other Dubai 5 star hotels. The service, overall, was attentive and the customer service very good. The food was excellent and the all inclusive package good value for money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Kingquest,

It was a pleasure to read your very detailed and open review from your recent stay at the resort. You have kindly made some great suggestions, which I have taken on board and they will be a consideration for the future. We really do appreciate guest suggestions, to allow us to continually improve our services and facilities.

I would welcome more detail on your suggestions in relation to the evening entertainment; should your time permit, you can kindly forward your suggestions to me directly on my e-mail Generalmanager.JAGRS@jaihotels.com.

I was disappointed to read that some of the associates were not welcoming and friendly during your stay. I would like to sincerely apologise if this was the case, as this is something we take very seriously and it is very important to us. I would however like to thank you for your kind words for many associates whom you have named individually, I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the All Inclusive package in terms of flexibility, food quality and that you felt it was one of the best that you have experienced.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 5, 2011

The location is excellent. Air planes taking of/landing right in front the resort, a beautifull marina (which by the way charges WAY to much for a couple of hours moaring) nice beach, lots of pools, friendly/service minded staff, nice rooms (need a face lift thu) But what an incredable dissappointment the buffet restaurant is. Many things over cooked, something they called hamour fish, but definately isn't. Big shrimps, but all having black heads (caused by uncontrolled microbial growth -> decomposing) One of us even got food poisoning after eating tofu)
Come on chef; we know you're a bit far from other - much better - restaurants. But that doesn't mean you can feed your guests this quality of food. Your food is not in line with the rest of your resort.

One thing

Room Tip: Book a room in the new wing.