We stayed here last month, and although I researched the hotel well, and knew it was out of town, I think it was probably too far out of town, and construction work near the beaches in Dubai is not as bad as I expected, so staying in town is something we would do next time.
As for the hotel, it is very dated and a huge block of concrete, like something you would expect to find in commercial parts of Spain!
There is nothing special about the hotel at all and although it is cheaper than the more exclusive resorts not enough to make it worth your while, but the difference in price is noticeable when you see what you get for your money
The food is average at best, the buffet is okay but not great. My wife didn't even want to eat breakfast on the 7th floor buffet as it was awful quality, and the place was stuffy and smelt bad!Signatures restaurant is okay, but White Orchid is the only decent restaurant at the resort. The food is well prepared, fresh and a must visit if you like Thai or Sushi! It is also a very nice place to chill out with cushions and sofas outside.
The Beaches and Pool area we can't fault, life guards are everywhere and you do feel safe.
Cabs to and from Dubai, the mall and so on are well priced but 100 dhs one way, you will want to go to Wild Wadi the water park, and the Emirates Mall!
Also despite it being a 'spa' resort or retreat on the beach, be warned don't try and eat at any restaurant with flip flops on even if you have smart trousers on with them, they won't let you in!
I hope this is to do with local etiquette rather than the hotel trying to look 'smart'. They need to worry about other things before footwear. We have been lucky enough to visit some lovely places in Maldives, St Lucia etc and they actively discourage you from wearing shoes!
My advice, don't stay here, nothing terribly wrong with it, just nothing right with it either!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the golden shores of the Arabian Gulf, the Jebel Ali Beach Hotel at the award-winning Jebel Ali Golf Resort features 231 standard rooms and suites over 5 floors. In addition to the palm-lined private beach and temperature-controlled swimming pools, the resort also features a 9-hole golf course with golf academy, 80-berth marina, horse riding stables, a variety of different restaurants and bars and The Spa, a purpose-built wellness facility overlooking the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jebel Ali Golf Hotel Dubai
- Jebel Ali Golf Resort And Spa
- Jebel Ali Hotel Dubai
- Jebel Ali Golf Resort Spa