“COULD NOT FIND A FAULT EVEN IF I TRIED. It really is the harbour of peace!!!”

Jumeirah Mina A'Salam
Ranked #44 of 565 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed April 5, 2010

First of all I would like to say that I do not understand how on earth anyone who has visited this place could find a fault or issue to complain about? I have travelled high and low and stayed my fair share in some of the worlds top hotels and even I was surprised by this gem of a hotel. In my honest opinion this establishment sets some serious standards for the rest of the worlds so called 5 star hotels to follow.

Last year after a lot of deliberation I decided to book this place for my honeymoon, AND am I gad that I did. From the moment we were collected from the airport to the moment we checked out we were treated like royalty. In the ten days that we were there the level of service was far beyond the call of duty. every member of staff we encountered be it the check in staff, the room service, management, waiters etc treated us with the utmost in respect and professionalism.

I had emailed the hotel prior to our arrival with a few requests and to my surprise every single request (I'm very very particular) was addressed and i was satisfied to say the least. The room, the location the view was to die for. the bed was the most comfy i had slept in without a doubt. the fresh fruit bowl the mineral water the chocolates the towel animals fresh his an hers slippers the little gifts that were left everyday were all a nice touch and all the more gave it a very welcoming feel every time we got back to the room. each time we left our room we were greeted politely by every single member of staff we passed.on our entire trip All of the staff in the lobby greeted us by name and without being intrusive the guest relations manager Mr Sheldon always queried how we were, where we were going what we had planned for the day did we need any recommendations etc. This to me was a very professional approach and a very personal service which cannot be given unless you put 100percent into it and the staff at the Mina A Salam gave their 100 percent at all times.

In our ten day stay I honestly did not find a single issue to complain about and neither did i see or hear anyone else doing so. All the staff were so perfectly synced that even though we were in such an enormous property which was house full at the time we could not faulter any aspect of our stay.

I would deffinately recommend this place to all my family and friends and to those of you who are thinking of going just book it because believe me you will be wowed from the moment you get there. We were!!!!! so much so that the wife and myself have decided to return again this year and i have just finished booking a stay here again for our 1st year anniversary.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NazEssex
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2010

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us at Mina A’ Salam and sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your experience.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your holiday, and specifically for recognizing the efforts of our colleagues, especially Sheldon. Your feedback will be passed on to all my colleagues who will be very pleased to hear how their efforts helped to ensure your stay was so special.

I am very glad to know that you are recommending us to your family and friends. We certainly enjoyed looking after you and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Mina A’ Salam this year to celebrate your 1st anniversary.

Mahmoud Sakr

Write a ReviewReviews (2,963)

Reviewed March 24, 2010

I stayed here in May 2009 with my mum and sister, for my birthday, and I had an amazing stay here,
Brillian decor, I loved the arabian decor, the river at the back of the hotel was marvellous, the abras taking us around, everything felt like we were staying in paradise.
Am immense amount of staff, so one might expect some variation in service across them, but every single one attended to us in a consistent, excellent manner, I've never seen such great service in a hotel before!
Ony my birthday the staff and general manager on duty had left me a rose and birthday cake and card in the hotel room which was a nice touch.
They clean the rooms very thoroughly and left lots of goodies and bits and pieces for us to enjoy when we returned to our room.
With three choices of locations for breakfast, we were spoilt for choice with different views every morning.

I thoroughly recommend this place. Pricey though, but everything is in Dubai, and you certainly get the service and comfort you pay for at Mina A Salam.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Palz86
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a complimenting review of your stay with us at Mina A’ Salam.

I am so glad to know how much you enjoyed your holiday. It is certainly our pleasure looking after you and celebrate your birthday with us. I am delighted to read that you are recommending us and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to our Resort.

Once again, thank you for your time in reviewing Mina A’ Salam on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed March 24, 2010

We are a family with young child that has the chance to live in Dubai for 2 years with my husband’s work. We went to Madinat couple of times with our baby (20 months) and no one ever said anything about his age. The restaurants were prepared for young children and gave him plastic plate and fork. When I called one day to book table for us, one of the ladies (Pilipino) told me that the restaurants at the Madinat do not accommodate babies!!! The luck of language skills and training within the staff is unbelievable. If you ever have to deal with someone like that, straight away ask for their supervisor or manager. They are always more helpful and very pleasant. And in most cases they understand English (most Asian people have limited vocabulary). The same works everywhere within Dubai, restaurants, hotels, shops, etc. I have seen lots of people getting very angry with the waitresses and staff at the hotels, they can wrong order, bring cold food or never show up. They just don’t care and have no interested into improving their service. I love Dubai and can stay here forever but the service is really poor. I’m not a mean person but when you pay for an expansive dinner you should expect a decent service!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ReallReview
Reviewed March 22, 2010

It has been several months since my partner and I went to Mina as-salam, yet I still wanted to write a note about how wonderful this hotel was. The pictures we had seen on expedia do not do it justice, as you drive up to the hotel it looks like an old arabian palace, the entrance is also highly impressive. When we were checking in we were offerred complimentary drinks - a nice touch given our long journey. We were offerred the club upgrade, but I felt it was too pricey just for breakfast - but I was so wrong! In fact the club upgrade includes breakfast, a snack for lunch and dinner and drinks and business facilities. I only found this out as I had to conduct some business whilst out there and so upgraded out of necessity. I'm very glad I had.

The room; we had a lovely room with a huge balcony over looking the sea. Every morning we were awoken by the sea and have I mentioned the fantastic views of Burj al-arab and on some floors Atlantis. (Whilst on Atlantis, may I just say I think its a hyped up Holiday Inn, with terrible service (rude spanish waiter), but the dolphins are definately worth a look!!) The telly wasn't that great - no sky sports :( but that pleased my other half!

My favourite part of the hotel is the river bank at the back. It connects the madinat qasr to mina as-salam and it has a real venecian feel to it. The spa is also worth a look. At night the place really takes on a magic of its own, we have some amazing pictures and when I get a chance I'll put them up.

Food: Many lovely restaurants within whistling distance of the hotel, I recommend Pier chic (great restaurant in the middle of the ocean) and a Malaysian restaurant called Pai Thai, both quite reasonable and best of all you can charge it to the room.

So, in a nutshell, if you want a fantastic, romantic hotel, with impeccable service, great location, then look no further. I only wish I had more opportunities to visit Dubai!!

Nearly forgot, for all the lads: they do have water sports - wake-boarding, jet skiing and I saw some cayaks.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DoctorSC
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2010

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your very positive reviews of Mina A’ Salam on TripAdvisor.

I would like to sincerely thank you for recommending us and for your kind compliments on our facilities and service standards. It is certainly our pleasure to ensure that your holiday with us exceeds your expectations.

With my team of colleagues, we look forward to welcoming you back to Mina A’ Salam.

Reviewed March 18, 2010

excellent vacation, very jet set
we went for our anniversary
very quite and romantic

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments of Mina A’ Salam on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be recommending us to your friends. We look forward to welcome you back at Madinat Jumeirah in the near future.

Reviewed March 17, 2010

We chose the Mina A' Salam as the first stop on our 2 centre honeymoon and had very high expectations. As this was our honeymoon we decided to book one of the club exec rooms which gave us many benefits.

We were collected from the airport in an Audi A6, the driver was very courteous. This was included in the rate for the exec rooms. Welcomed us with cold towels and drinks - just what we needed after 7 hours on a plane. He was very informative giving us lots of information as we drove to the hotel. The transfer took around half hour.

The hotel foyer is very grand and vast. There is a "coffee shop" on the ground floor as well as access to the restaurants and canals. If you book an exec room you will be checked in at a separate reception in the "club lounge".

We arrived at 9am and although had advised the hotel, hadnt booked our room for check-in until that afternoon. The hotel made us feel welcome, gave us access to all the facilities and allowed us breakfast in the lounge. We used the health club to store our luggage and change before taking breakfast, however we were given our room keys by 11am.

Our room was stunning - very traditional arabian decor, large kingsize bed, plasma TV, seating area, bathroom with walk in shower and bath, pillow menu and balcony overlooking the canal. We were to take breakfast in the club lounge which also served afternoon tea and drinks and canapes in the evening.

The Mina is part of the Madinat group which has over 44 bars and restaurants. The hotel is linked by canals which are served by boats called Abra's. These are free to use for the hotel guests. We were given a booklet on check-in which gave us a guide to the different bars and restaurants and also discount vouchers - very handy as it is not cheap to eat there.
We ate at MJ's steakhouse which was amazing, we also ate at Al Hambra - a spanish tapas restaurant in Al Qasr and Go West - a tex mex restaurant in the Jumeriah Beach Hotel. You are recommended to reserve tables at any of the restaurants as they are very popular.
You can use the facilities of all the Jumeriah hotels in the complex as well as the Jumeriah Beach. As well as the canals the complex offer golf buggies which take you along the beach front between the different hotels and to Wild Wadi waterpark - part of the Jumeriah complex and which you get free entry to as guests at the Mina.
The pool and beach area are fantastic. The pool was very quiet whilst we were there. The staff are amazing. You will get your sun bed made up with towels and pillows - this is whether you are by the pool or on the beach. They also bring round ice lollies free of charge, clean your sunglasses for you and provide cucumber slices for your eyes!
You can order food and drink from your sun bed. You dont carry cash with you - everything is signed to your room, which leads me onto security.
The security is very good. You are required to sign in at the pool and also the different hotels as you wander through the gardens.
As we were on honeymoon the hotel organised champagne, strawberries and chocolate for us in our room which was a nice suprise.
We took drinks in the club lounge every night we stayed, we also were invited to the Manager's cocktail party which took place on the terrace by the pool, this was a lovely evening - drinking champagne watching the sun set over the Burj.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone - the staff, setting, room - in fact everything is perfect. I could not fault a thing and will certainly look to return ASAP!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I highly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our Hotel.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent holiday with us at Mina A’ Salam and to know that you will consider returning to stay with us again soon. Thank you for acknowledging our Hotel’s features and for complimenting our team of colleagues for their courteousness and amazing service. It is certainly our pleasure that we ensure you hold such fond memories of your stay.

Along with my team, I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 14, 2010

I would agree with another reviewer that given the overwhelmingly Russian speaking clientele, there is minimal effort to accommodate the required language needs. This led to a long queue at check-in (despite it being 7am) and impossible at check-out. I gave up after waiting 25 minutes and despite numerous requests have still receive a copy of the bill.

Overall service was perdestrian rather than enthusiastic. Rooms are nothing special and full of those stupid annoyances such as "pillow menus". This is an over-priced Arabian version of a theme park resort, so not really for the more discriminating visitor but rather more for the tatooed and body pierced.

On the plus side, laundry and pressing were excellent, the indoor lap pool is very nice and would be high on my list of good pools for committed swimmers. Food is ok, particularly the Indian.

So long as Russians have the money and a lousy winter climate and the British believe this is an authentic experience, then this hotel should do well.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business