“6th visit and still Great”

Jumeirah Mina A'Salam
Ranked #31 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Saltash, United Kingdom
“6th visit and still Great”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

This was our 6th visit to the Madinat complex, only once did we stray from the Mina to the summer houses but prefer the hotel. Dubai is an addiction... The service is marvellous and every member of staff from the front desk to the beach is always happy to assist, smiling and welcoming. We stayed in an Ocean Deluxe room which had been refurbished, the view was amazing and made our morning to gaze out to the ocean and The Palm in the distance. We did find the new lighting control a little confusing, but the large flat screen TV made up for any niggles trying to get the right lights. Nice to still have the towel animals and the fruit bowl. We seemed to have an issue obtaining a paper in the morning but it didn't spoil our enjoyment as we rose early to walk along the beach before breakfast. Really pleased that during our stay we heard no noise from the construction site next to The Wild Wadi.

Room Tip: Have an ocean view and a balcony
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cannytripper
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Madinat Jumeirah, it is always wonderful to read of guests who continue to choose to stay at Madinat Jumeirah over the many holiday options available. I am particularly delighted to read that your recent holiday with us was again a very enjoyable and relaxing stay.

I sincerely appreciate your constructive feedback as well as your acknowledgement of our colleagues. It is always with pride that I personally recognize their efforts to exceed expectations and provide the best service on all occasions. I have extended your kind comments to the rest of the team and they are equally pleased.

I appreciate you recommending our Hotel and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Mina A'Salam, Madinat Jumeirah.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Amazing landscape with fab rooms. Great view of the Burj Al Arab from the rooms. Great place to walk around and of course the shopping right next door. Lots of restaurants to choose from. Breakfast is a good experience particularly if you can get in early and sit outdoors. Restaurant staff are friendly

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chezk
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your visit to Mina A'Salam in April. All your wonderful feedbacks will certainly motivate the team and I sincerely thank you for this.

We all look forward to welcoming both of you back to our hotel in the future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Firstly, I want to be clear my family loved this hotel and having wanted to stay at the Jumeriah Beach Hotel ( JBH) after a couple of hours here, we were delighted to have been staying at the MINA - The JBH was too big and far too busy for us, with a big pool so busy and packed it did remind me of Many Spanish Costa hotels on any given August day .We were glad to be at the MINA, which is far more sedate and only half the size of the JBH and yet by Buggy only two minutes away - as is the Wild Wadi .The Buggies run 24 hours a day and are constant.

If August is low season here compared to say November through to April, I am fairly sure we would quite hate Dubai then - our hotel was relatively busy and the JBH was full . If you are coming to Dubai then you will not go far wrong at the Mina .Food and room great, Prices are scary; but they were everywhere we went to and you are not coming to Dubai in the first place to save money are you !

The big thing for us was that in Dubai generally ( this was our first time) everything is so new that there is no character/no history - the buildings and skyscrapers are interesting to see - but i have seen similar in Hong Kong and Manhattan .We went up the Kalifa tower; which is the tallest in the World, but is no where near as interesting as going up the Empire State building for instance, because of the History there and the many times you see it on Movies - I found the Kalifa visit actually quite dull , a marvel of design and engineering but dull as a spectator visitor - also and certainly on the day of our visit the view was down to a mile or so due to the haze which is very common apparently. The Same can be said of the Dubai Mall which is nice to visit and again reputed to be the biggest Mall in the World, but didn't give me a different experience in any way to a visit to Meadowhall in Sheffield or the Trafford Mall in Manchester - perhaps size isn't everything ! In addition the prices are higher than at home, so don't expect bargains - I gauge on average, most things are 20% to 25% higher in price in Dubai then at Home,Dining out and alcohol 50% to 75% dearer than at home - I did pay £9 for a pint of lager - how Mad am I !! I priced a watch that was £900 more expensive in the Mall than it was in Barbados last Christmas .

Therefore, for all of my party our first visit to Dubai was all a bit make believe, as a visit to Disney can be for instance . I got tired of being told this is the biggest , the best etc as my experience was not quite so - for us this was not the best holiday ever, nor was the hotel or the food equal to other hotels I have visited or stayed at . Good, but not the best.I had a feeling of being on cruise ship in fact - a cruise ship that envelopes the four Jumeriah hotels and wild wadi but never moves: I am sure some guest hardly ever go off complex - we only had 2 shore days .

Dubai had been on my list for many years: I am glad I have visited, but we would prefer to go West to America or better still to the Caribbean - if you are after a family holiday in my opinion Dubai can't compete with places elsewhere such as Florida . Will I go again ? probably yes and if we do would stay at the Mina ( although we stayed three days at the Le Meridian Mina Seyhi too before pitching up at the Mina and My Wife preferred this hotel to the Mina ) but the overriding point for us is the question what in Dubai is worth travelling to and flying over good hotels in Europe such as the Almyra, Annassa or Amathus hotels in Cyprus or my favourites of Los Monteros or Marbella Club in Marbella - I have not witnessed anything in Dubai from service,food or location to change my opinion . If you have the cash then Sandy Lane in Barbados is still the tops for food,service etc .

I know this review maybe a bit like the story of the Emperors new clothes, but i do genuinely feel that some one needs to say the Emperor is naked - in Dubai the media /PR machine is good but under the veneer - I am not sure what the attraction is.For what we paid we could have had 4 nights in New York and 10 nights at Sandy Lane and i know which I prefer.

Advice:

1)You must do the Dune Bashing - we used Fun tours, ask for Noor as Driver :best thing we did by a good margin .
2) Wild Wadi - We found it best to go at 10 am and be thinking of going back to the hotel at 11:30 am as it got packed in the afternoon - you can stand in line for 30 minutes or so for rides after noon .
3) in the Mina, the buffet restaurant was very good and the Mexican restaurant was too.

Have a good time.

Room Tip: all rooms will be good i am sure of that
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
9 Thank martinangela
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your review and to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing Mina A'Salam for your recent holiday to Dubai and for your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Mina A'Salam in the future.

yorkshire
Reviewed August 8, 2014

This is our seventh time at the Mina and each time is as good as the last. We are currently enjoying our stay and already planning another visit next year. We are lucky enough to have the use of the premium leisure facilities giving afternoon tea with soft drinks all day and 2 hours of alcoholic drinks and canopies in the evening. A nice addition this year has been complimentary water by the pool. We love the little extras with the cold towels, ice lollies, orange slices and cucumber which are handed out to all guests by the pool or beach throughout the day. My husband travels to many hotels with his job but this is by far the best he has ever stayed in with attention to detail that one could only dream of. We usually book direct with the hotel and have the privilege of being looked after by Shashank and the wonderful staff in premium leisure. I will update further on my return to England.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are amazing. The higher floors give the best views
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank YorkshireTarquin
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear Guest

I am delighted to know that our hotel has always been the top choise for your family holiday venue and glad the team is taking care of you and your family while residing with us. I sincerely appreciate your kind acknoledgement of our Premium Leisure team and beach services, I am sure that they will be happy to receive your feedback.

Thank you for recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor, we all look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Mina A'Salam next year.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I have stayed at several of the Jumeirah hotels over the past few years. The Mina A' Salam is not the nicest of the bunch but is still quite nice. It has an excellent beachfront, clean rooms, and both friendly and helpful staff. There is also an interconnected waterway with fish and turtles that also has manned boats that can take you around the greater facility. We had half board (which is usually worth it), giving you a choice of restaurants across all the hotels there (the Mina, the Madinat, and Al Qasr definitely, though I also think the Jumeirah Beach is included). When we were there they were updating the rooms on the lower floors, meaning that we heard a fair amount of grinding and pounding during the day.

If you are new to Dubai, and this area in particular, there are a few things to note. One is that if you want to venture out and around outside the complex it is a bit of a hike to anywhere, meaning that you will need a taxi or a car unless you fancy venturing around construction. The Mall of the Emirates is nearby (with the indoor ski slopes and much more), and from there you can also take the Metro, though you will still need a taxi or car to get there. There is also usually lots of construction going on all over the place, and traffic can be rather hellish. Also, Dubai, especially the Jumeirah, have gotten significantly more expensive. This last time we figured that if we had been there for pleasure it would have been far cheaper altogether with flights to go to Las Vegas or LA (from London) than to go here.

Room Tip: Best to be facing the beach. Not only do you get to look out at the water, but you can see the Burj...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Robert B
Dear Guest

I sincerely appreciate your ongoing loyalty towards Jumeirah Group and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay at Mina A'Salam.

Thank you for mentioning our Abra and waterways as well as our Turtle sanctuary. With regards to transportation to the Mall of Emirates, we do provide a complimentary shutlle bus service on hourly basis for our in house guests.

I will certainly share your comments with our team, we all look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Ever since I came to Dubai which was in 2004, it has always been my dream and my husband's to stay at this hotel. After 10 years, the possibility finally became a reality with the help of their reservation staff.Words cannot express the helpfulness, friendliness and efficiency of their reservation staff most especially Ms. Rada. She is the best example of a person whose passion is her job. She did her best to get me the best possible options so that I can finally afford to stay at their hotel. I did not feel like a commodity but a person who matters.

if their reservation team is this good, I can't wait to see how good the rest of their team

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank mariamaria920
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Guest

I am very pleased to learn of your feedback regarding our Reservation team, in particularly the assistance that you received from Rada.

Thank you for choosing Mina A'Salam and we all look forward to welcoming you to our hotel.

Luzern
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Wonderful hotel with all the little things that make a stay wonderful, relaxing and all that in a quiet and nice atmosphere.
Great Beach and great and big pool area, nice and giant spa, great tasty restaurants.

The rooms are newly renovated, big and cosy with an arabian touch - very pretty.

The staff is very helpful and very competent. Everybody tries to make our stay good and try to make our wishes come true. (Rasool from the Pool Area was probably the most ambitionated Butler i have ever seen - at that at 40°C..... chapeau;)

Room Tip: Our room was with a great view to the wonderful Burj al Arab Hotel. If possible, take a room with di...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Anygisi
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you and your family had a relaxing holiday with us and I thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Indeed, working outdoor during the summer months can be very challenging, however I am very pleased to know that the Pool and Beach team, especially Rasool did a fantastic job. Thank you for your kind acknoledgement.

Thank you for choosing Mina A'Salam as your family holiday destination, we all look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.