“wow”

Ranked #19 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
gercy
“wow”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed in mina and we can defenately say this hotel is "wow" we loved the services. We arrived very early morning and we were so exhausted from our long flight. Obviously we didn't expect the room would be ready but we were so lucky that abdelhak (reception) prepared a room for us as soon as we arrived. And the room was fabulous! Abdelhak was so friendly with proffessional manners. He gave us a very warm welcome. He also sent us very nice fruits. We could definitely recommend to stay in mina. all staff are very friendly and restaurants are incredible. The Mexican restaurant called tortuga was the best.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Guest

I have shared your feedback with my colleague, Abdelhak and he is very happy to know that his efforts are highly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience on TripAdvisor, we all look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to Mina A'Salam in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This was our first trip as a family, my wife and twin boy/girl children, (10 months). When we arrived we were treated with care. Smiles and friendly faces. As it was our first family trip and we were here only for two nights, we wanted to enjoy our trip by doing family activity during the day and go out to the restaurants and bar on the resort location. We asked for a babysitter for the first night, however, not allowing to book prior to check in and only guaranteeing a babysitter if booked 24 hrs ahead meant that the first night we will have to order room service. The hotel has all the services located on the resort. Cafés, restaurants, spas, children activities, pool, beach, clubs, bar, shops....etc. but you will have to follow up on the services you ordered. As by the afternoon of second day I had gone to the concierge to find out what was the situation of the baby sitter and was informed that I did not asked for one, after requesting the night before and the morning of that day. It was only until I started demanding to speak to the manager till the staff started putting any effort to my request. At the end they did attend to our needs and we're able to go out to dinner. The kids pool was the highlight of our trip as seeing the kids really enjoying themselves made the whole trip worth while.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience from your last year's stay at Mina A'Salam and allow me to apologise for the shortfall regarding your baby sitting request. Please be assured that I have shared this feedback with the relevant departments, to ensure that the same will not repeating in the future.

On a more positive note, thank you for your feedback with regards to our welcome process as well as the kid's pool, I am happy that your twins were having a great time here.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you and your family will have another opportunity to return to Mina A'Salam in the future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We just had three nights in the Mina A'Salam as the part of a larger corporate event and it was a wonderful base. The service was highly attentive and the room was extremely comfortable and stocked with very nice amenities. My room overlooked the marina and the bay and had unobstructed views of the Burj. Our meetings schedule was demanding and the room with its exceptional views was an oasis for rest and tranquility. The Mina A'Salam is part of a much larger complex, all of which is done is very tasteful classic architecture, and offers endless options for indoor recreation and outdoor sports. The spa and fitness center are world class. The location of the property was very convenient to a number of the spots that I visited during my stay and taxis were always available in abundance.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you managed to enjoy the resort with all the facilities and products available within the resort, during your recent business trip to Dubai.

Thank you for taking the time to detail all the wonderful elements which you had experienced and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Mina A'Salam on your next trip to Dubai.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My family and I have visit this hotel many times since it was built , all one can say it is an excellent hotel , staff always remember you nothing is to much trouble , premium leisure is great for families with children , the staff that work in premium leisure are second to none Seere Abiot and Saw great will be visiting soon .

Room Tip: We always phone hotel and request rooms and always get them no problem .
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 123Marge456
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your continued patronage towards Mina A'Salam for the last 10 years and I am very happy to know that you recent stay was another excellent and memorable family holiday.

I sincerely appreciate all your comments in particularly with regards to our colleagues. The Premium Leisure team including Seere, Abyot and Saw will be very happy to receive your feedback.

Once again, thank you for keep on returning to our hotel and we all look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Mina A'Salam, hopefully in the near future.

Australia
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a few nights and do not think this it is worth the rave reviews. When we arrived I thought the foyer was lovely lots of flowers and beautiful fountain but when I arrived at my room I thought it very standard (especially the bathroom and entrance) and quite dated especially when you are paying top dollar for the accommodation. The room was lovely and neat but everything seemed quite old and the TV was fuzzy in both my room and my friend's room too which they said they would attend to and never did.

The bed was comfortable and large but I just never felt really happy to stay in the room like I normally do at a 5-star hotel. The hotel complex itself is lovely but if I were to return I would definitely choose to stay in another part of the hotel namely Al Qasr which is simply stunning and very luxurious in comparison. Also a note for anyone travelling in the near future

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ShoegalAustralia
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Guest

I am sorry that certain areas of the hotel did not meet your expectations of a 5 star hotel. We have recently completed a soft refurbishment of the main pool and guest rooms on the higher floors, the second phase to complete the remaining rooms will begin this summer. Other than that, we will have few other upcoming and exciting projects in order to enhance our guest experience which I sincerely hope that you will have the opportunity to experience it someday.

Nevertheless, thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay with us, we hope to welcome you back to Madinat Jumeirah in the future.

Sincerely
Japan
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed 6 nights end of last year. Had a lovely one-bedroom suite, with Pool and Gulf view. Could't be better. Room well equipped, but a half days hike to get there from the Lobby. This complex is massive, but well organised, and a well oiled machine. Lots of kids running around, but it was during school holidays.

The "Club Lounge" wasn't that much, again tons of kids filling the few chairs that were there, very crowded in the evening, so was't too impressed with that. Not a sophisticated place to relax with a quiet cocktail should you desire, but could have better during school time.

Generally a lovely place to stay regarding service, restaurants, beach, and a real nice beach bar that I liked. Sipping a cold beer and looking out over the Ocean, from the bar, was a delightful way to pass some time..

I was planning to go back again next month, but they have, unfortunately hiked the price to a degree now which I think is "over-priced" for what it is.. Even the basic rooms, you'll need a mortgage. For me, I think they're trying to squeeze every ounce of blood out of the guests, so I ain't going back. If you've got money to burn, you'll love it. There's not much better than Mina A' Salam on the beach in Dubai.

Room Tip: They're building a new hotel/extension next to this property now, will take a couple of years to...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hotel_Critic_Mag
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your stay in December last year.

I am delighted to learn that your stay was enjoyable and I would like to thank you for your rewarding comments in regards to the product and services that you received during your holiday. I will certainly share this with the team whom I am positive will be delighted to learn of the same.

Once again, thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor, we certainly hope that you will be returning to Mina A'Salam in the future.

Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed March 21, 2014

we dined here for the friday brunch
it was our highlight of the holiday
the choice of food was unbelievable and as much drink as you could consume real value for money i really recommend this venue for the friday brunch

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank sligoinian
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you managed to experience our Frinday Brunch on your last visit to Dubai and thank you for your recommendation via TripAdvisor.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you will have the opportunity to stay at Mina A'Salam in the future.