Jumeirah Mina A'Salam
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$172
$123
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$182
$136
$365
$293
Jumeirah.com
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$155
$354
$268
$231
$191
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$118
JW Marriott
$1,345
$1,225
3,060 results
All reviewsthe burj al arabbahri barwild wadiabra boatsice lolliespremium leisuregolf buggiesnoodle housemadinat complexocean deluxe roomclub executivetalise spahalf boardafternoon teacold towelsbeach hotelprivate beach
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The past weekend we decided to try the made over restaurant which used to be The Wharf in Mina A' Salam Madinat Jumeirah. Currently the restaurant is called Tortuga and is a supposed Mexican restaurant.
We could still recognize the old restaurant in it the terrace didn't change a lot more coloured pillows and different chairs inside the walls had been painted white and they had made boots to sit instead of the all tables and chairs which they had before. The bar area was more or less the same.
The hostess that brought us to our table was very friendly and attentive. After we had been seated we were given drinks menu's and the food menu was placed as a sort of place mate on the table even provided with a pencil. The waitress took our drink order first, I ordered a classic frozen Margarita and my husband had a Sol beer.
After we ordered the drinks they brought us some dips 1 spicy the other less spicy with some tortilla chips.
In the meantime we had both decided what we wanted to have but my husband asked the waitress if they had Chilli con Carne as a dish she went to check and returned with a small bowl the same as where the dips were in with Chilli con Carne. My husband looked a little surprised so she had not understood what he really wanted. So we finally ordered our food to start we took Guacomole which would be served with tortilla chips, chicken quesadilla's and Molcajete which is a cheese prepared grandma style in a lavastone dish with a sauce. The main course we both took burritos but I had the shrimp burrito and my husband the chicken burrito.
The drinks arrived and the Margarita was very nice as it should be, the beer was served in a chilled bottle with lime.
The starters arrived the guacomole was put on the table already prepared we were a little surprised and had hoped they would prepare it fresh on the table so you can watch them and then you can ask for spicy if you like that which we do, no tortilla chips in sight but they were still bringing the rest of the order. The quesadilla's and the Molcajete which the waitress had to mix on our table. The guacomole tasted only lime not even avocado and we had to ask for the tortilla chips which they forgot to bring. The quesadilla's were ok not wow the best dish so far was the Molcajete very tasty and warm as it should be. We were already disappointed about our starters. In the meantime we had finished our drinks so we ordered another round I tried the chili Margarita not the most spicy but the habanera that was also very nice and my husband had another Sol beer. After we had finished the starters our burrito's came my burrito was good but I didn't like the coleslaw again too much lime or lemon in it so you can't taste what you eat. My husband his burrito wasn't warm enough so he also didn't like that. He already said this will be a 1 time experience.
We used to come very often to The Wharf before and had always nice food what a shame. The prices are way to expensive for Mexican food that is not even up to standard. We didn't try any desserts as the food wasn't that great my husband had a coffee. So far our Tortuga experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cheryan
MJGuestfeedback, Chef at Tortuga at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Tortuga team, we are really sorry to hear about your disappointment with your meal. We have noted your comments regarding the Tortilla chips, guacamole and burrito along with the other items that you highlighted and we would like to inform you that we have taken the necessary steps to amend the issues.

We hope that despite this experience you will visit us again soon. As a new restaurant within the Madinat Jumeirah Resort our constant aim is to provide the highest level of care and attention to all our guests and we highly appreciate you bringing this important matter to our attention.

Kind regards
Chef Carlos Hannon

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I am working currently in Dubai and luckily got to stay at this place for a couple of nights, The room was at a lowered rate as it is next to the development works near the Burj so there are a large amount of construction noises however this would only affect a very small percentage of rooms.

The actual rooms are magnificent, I enjoy a powerful large shower and was not dissapointed. The in room services are top class and TV probably the largest ive seen in a hotel room. Having tried room service once i found it very expensive but the food quality was high. I would have liked some items form the Mexican restaurant in the resort on the menu.

I can recommend this as a key Honeymoon spot and would say if you are unsure to book it. Beach access and poolside are perfect for the comfort you want with your partner. Cocktail galore, food exceptional and scenery 1st class.

Service staff are exceptional in the regional but i found the resort staff to be quite genuine compared to other areas and extremely helpful.

Click book .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank BenjaminJohnston
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Guest

I am delighted to learn from your review that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I sincerely appreciate all your comments especially with regards to our newly refurbished guest room. We will have the second phase of the rooms soft refurbishment taking place this year, scheduled to complete by end of the summer.

Once again, thank you for recommending our hotel and we hope to welcome you back to Mina A'Salam hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed in Mina A' Salam during the new year time. I had an excellent time!! I loved the design of the hotel. Hotel service was perfect, especially, Abdelhak (the receptionist) who checked us in with warm welcome. He was very professional mannered and very friendly at the same time. Also, he helped us a lot!! When we tried to book for burj khalifa ( at the top) and it was fully booked already, he did some magic to make a booking and let us go through without waiting in a que!!! I want to say a big big thanks to him. To be honest, we spent a lot of money for the stay ( I guess it was because of the big season...) however, I really believe it was worth it!!! You will never regret for all the amazing times. beautiful room and friendly staff!! Im sure we will come back to this hotel all the time when we visit Dubai.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

I am delighted to learn that you and your partner had an excellent stay over the festive season and enjoyed everything we had to offer to our guests during that period.

I truly appreciate all your glowing comments especially with regards to our Front Office colleague, Abdelhak. I am sure he will be very happy to receive your feedback and to know that all his efforts are very much appreciated by you.

Thank you for sharing your experience and for indicating that you will return to Mina A'Salam. We all look forward to welcoming both of you back, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

The location is connected to the souk, which makes the hotel even livelier.
The hotels offers shuttle service to other properties in the surrounding area.
The staff was very professional and friendly.
Restaurants overlooking the river. Very nice at sunset.
The room was big and classy.
Awesome property.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your family holiday at Mina A'Salam last year.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed services and facilities provided for our guests within the resort, I thank you for sharing and recommending our hotel on the website.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Just arrived at the hotel this morning. Writing a early review to keep trip advisors members up to date that the wild wadi water park is in fact CLOSED due to maintenance... But surprisingly I received a email 2 days prior to my arrival that it is fully open. Furthermore staff at reception confirmed this with me while checking in but 5 minutes later she returned to say it was closed. Check in was suppose to be a swiftly procedure as I had all reservation references and aswell as all passports for all 3 rooms ready. However when checking in I gave my credit card which is a master card to pay for the rooms aswell as leave a deposit as requested for all 3 rooms, although the gentleman at reception checked us all in there seemed to be a 'error' as 15 minutes later I was called back down to reception to actually pay for the deposit again. Returning to reception to ask him to explain to me this seemed very confusing as he actually didn't know what he was doing and had to ask for his colleagues opinion and help, he didn't seem very sincere that it was his mistake, to me a 5 star hotel and a chain of Jumeirah this isn't the sort of customer service I was expecting. This really let me down again as the children was disappointed about the park closure, not a good holiday start. Starting the holiday with a welcoming start would've been a more happier friendly approach but staff is lacking in this as I stayed 3 days downtown in another chain hotel and everything was explained to me e.g -hotel services, location, concierge, customer relations, currency converter, beach location and opening hours of services etc everything was more clearly explained. My family and myself was really looking forward to a memorable holiday experience as there is 8 of my family member travelling together to make memories with such a known 5 star recommended hotel. Travelling as a family aswell as couples I requested a king bed and children bed but we didn't get this as requested at reception so we had to walk back to reception to make another request.

House keeping is an amazing team, they actually are the only staff which has made us feel welcome. It costs nothing to smile as everybody smiles in the same language.

Hopefully the next 3 days we will see improvements so we can make some happy memorable family moments.

Will keep trip advisors users updated!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank crazyshy

Dear Guest

It was with concern that I read of your dissatisfaction and I thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

I have investigated the details of your feedback and would like to reassure you that the events of your experience are certainly not representative of the service standards we pride ourselves on at Mina A'Salam. I believe our Director of Rooms has met you during your stay and managed to resolved the situation. We have also spoken to concerned colleague and please be certain that corrective action and training has been put in place to avoid repetition of the same in future.

Once again, thank you for sharing your arrival experience and my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Mina A'Salam in the future.

Sincerely