“Luxury Botique hotel with all you could wish for right in your door step!”

Jumeirah Mina A'Salam
Ranked #29 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Luxury Botique hotel with all you could wish for right in your door step!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a drink at Bahri Bar on a friend's recommendation and we promised ourselves next time we're back in Dubai we will definitely stay at Mina A Salam. And so we did. We booked a club room for 3 nights because we intended to just dine in the resort the whole time we're there. The package includes buffet breakfast ,afternoon tea / coffee and a cocktail happy hour from 6-8pm with hot and cold finger foods. It also includes an private airport return car service (with driver ). We had a room on the second floor with a private balcony with table and two chairs with uninterrupted view of the iconic Burj Al Arab hotel .Our room is spacious , modern Arabic design with large bathroom and a dressing area which I love. It is well equipped with modern amenities and fully stocked with good quality toiletries . High speed wifi is available free of charge and works all throughout the huge resort. As soon as we arrived in the airport , we were met by their polite and courteous lady representative and accompanied us to our waiting luxury car. Our driver offered us cold towel and water and even asked us what music we'd like to listen . Jazz of course with just the right
volume . Drive was smooth. We arrived in the Botique hotel after 25 minutes . We were accompanied to the exclusive club room check in desk on the 2nd floor with panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf . We really enjoyed our stay in the hotel. The dining option's fantastic. Breakfast is excellent . Forget your diet when you go for the afternoon tea. I love the mini scones with proper clotted cream on the side. The waiters / waitresses especially the Filipinos were very efficient and polite , service is excellent. They're there to make us feel special as all the other guests. They even remember our names. As guests we have a free pass to the wild wadi park. There is a golf cart with driver available all the time to take you there it's less than 5 minute ride. The park is fun. We felt like young people again that day. Thoroughly enjoyed our day there.fantastic Shopping is only a mere 2 minutes walk . Love the free abra boat ride which we 've used to take us to the shops , restaurants and to their sister hotel Al Qasr . In the evening at sunset we look forward to the complimentary alcoholic drinks , I particularly enjoyed the cheese and biscuits as well as the mini hot and cold finger food.
Our flight in the last day was very early in the morning so the night before we informed them personally that we are checking out very early in the morning . The lady arranged a continental breakfast to be delivered in our room . It arrived on the dot. When we checked out someone behind the reception was sitting and busy on her mobile phone and one of the male staff got her attention to attend to us. When checked our bill and noticed that an extra charge for full breakfast was included in the final bill. We said that we had a continental breakfast and that we shouldn't be charged for it because it is included in our package. She was adamant that we had a full breakfast because that was what she received from the kitchen staff. We disagreed. She called the staff concerned and said it was full breakfast. We told her that she can go to the room and have a look because all we had was a pot of coffee , sliced toasted bread and assorted pastries, that's all. So she made the correction and deleted the full English breakfast in our final bill. Rightly so because we have already paid for it. We booked through Expedia.com so it was pre-paid awhile before we checked in the hotel. OMG! She was not a happy girl. She swiped our credit card in the machine with obvious sign of irritation . My husband and I looked at each other in complete shocked , actually we were appalled. I said to her, that it is unacceptable that on our way out this is happening , because this is the last thing we have expected to happen, arguing about a Coffee and a slice of toasted bread. Over all, I would have given a score of 100% but this incident has tainted what would have been perfect weekend.In the end she couldn't say " I hope you enjoyed your stay and our hotel" she just handed our final bill without a word. What an appalling behavior from a staff working in a 5 star hotel. But to be fair we thank all the rest of the staff in the hotel who have done all they can to make us feel welcome throughout our stay and have looked after us all the time arranging to book our lunch at Pierchic and our tickets at the Madinat theatre.

• Stayed September 2013
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for posting your review on your recent stay at Mina A Salam. I was very happy to read that for the most part, you enjoyed your experience with us. I am also very glad that you have chosen to spend these wonderful three days of relaxation and dining experience with us.

The details of your review have been shared with my colleagues and they were as excited as I was to see how they have made your stay a memorable one. Our goal is to consistently deliver high levels of guest satisfaction on all aspects of our service. We are constantly seeking out all possible ways to continually improve on how to deliver optimum satisfaction. Your various feedback on the efficiency of our transport service, quality and variety of food and beverage, and the overall service you received are a true testament to this commitment.

I deeply regret that you had an unfortunate experience at check out. I agree that this is not the best way to end a memorable holiday and I would like to reassure you that this is not a representative of the world class hospitality we strive to deliver. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you and your husband had to go through as a result.

Thank you again for your kind feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Mina A Salam on your next trip to Dubai.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Durham, NC
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

MAS certainly lives up to its name! We spent our 1st night at Al Qasar, which was much more luxurious, but also more bustling and filled with children. MAS is not quite as elegant as her sister, but has been a wonderful, relaxing home for the past 8 days!

Highlights - gorgeous oceanfront view with a balcony, small table and chairs - excellent spot for watching the sun set! Lovely beach filled with cushioned chaise lounges under umbrellas. The beach staff bring around cold washcloths and ice lollies! Fabulous views of the Burj, especially when lit up at night! The Arabian Gulf was warm and smooth the first few days - floating on your back was heavenly. Rest of the time it was a bit rough, but that led to a collection of exotic sea shells! Comfy bed - although not as large as Al Qasar. Lovely turn down service each night - cute towel animals and yummy chocolates! A bowl of fresh fruit and water arrived each day, and was greatly appreciated! Love the sea turtle rehab! Adore traveling by abras -they are beautiful, romantic, and very addictive! Large selection of restaurants and bars on the property, as well as their very own souk, means you never have to leave the resort, except to ride camels in the desert and ride to the top of Burj Khalifa.

Restaurants - breakfast each morning in Al Muna was very good.
Romantic dinner at Pier Chic - *****
Absolute perfection! Treated like VIPs - given the most romantic table. The food was amazing, and the service was impeccable! Amazing view! The photographer onsite is a lovely touch!
Romantic dinner at Segreto - ****
Wonderful food, lovely romantic atmosphere - seated outside by the water. Service was a bit slow.
Group dinner at Pai Thai - ****
Wonderful food, good service, and the Thai dancer was a lovely touch!
Romantic dinner at Bahri Bar - *** 1/2
Seated outside in a cozy table with fabulous views of the Burj lit up and changing colors. Wonderful drinks and tapas!
Romantic dinner at the Wharf - ***
Not much selection, but it was good food. Sat outside with nice view. Service was a bit slow.

Lowlights - one day the wait for an abra was very long. We were told all of the abras were too busy at a photo shoot to take us anywhere, and to take a buggy. When the buggy showed up I told him I wanted to go to the souk - he glared and said, "I'm not taking you - you walk!" And took off! Each morning I took a walk on the beach - collecting not just sea shells, but trash. Water bottles, soda bottles, plastic caps, packets of gum, etc I even saw a toothbrush, and a bucket. As well as several cups. I would gather them and take them to the lifeguards, who seemed to appreciate my efforts. I have never encountered this before, and was appalled that anyone could throw so much rubbish into such an amazingly beautiful sea!

Most of the staff were absolutely wonderful, but a few bad apples left a bad taste in my mouth. One night we asked the concierge for dinner advice. He suggested several places that we had already been to, then got annoyed with us and tossed us a booklet and said, "we've got thousands of restaurants - why don't you go sit down and try to make a decision first!" We thought Bahri Bar sounded perfect - nice view, cocktails and tapas - so we went back to the concierge. He had left, replaced by a female with quite an attitude. We asked her what sort of food they served, and she looked at us like we were idiots and said - "it's a bar, they serve bar food !" "Such as?" She looked annoyed and said, " you know - peanuts and fries". I said the booklet said they served tapas. She rolled her eyes and said, "well why don't you just go down there and check!" So we did. Oddly enough, the concierge, who's job is to know these things, was wrong. They have a lovely tapas menu - 5 types of sushi, 5 types of sliders, 5 types of Spring rolls, 5 types of skewers, 5 types of tacos, as well as brie, stuffed olives, etc. on special - 4 tapas for 80 dirham, and 1/2 price cocktails! We had a marvelous meal and sat outside watching the Burj change colors!

Towards the end of our stay I decided to send postcards home. I went to the concierge to mail them. She sent me to the gift shop to purchase stamps. The guy in the gift shop said it was his first day, and he had no stamps, but would call for some. Close to an hour later stamps finally appeared!

I mention these things because I believe the owners have a brilliant concept, and a uniquely magical setting, but could vastly improve their customer service by providing some serious training on how to treat their guests, to some of their employees. Back home we have a saying - "you catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar".

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CarsonsMommy
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor following your recent holiday at Madinat Jumeirah resort.

I sincerely appreciate that you took the time to detailed your positive and contructive feedback, these will certainly assist us to uphold our commitment to service and product excellence within the resort. I have also shared your review with the team to ensure that we take action where necessary.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience, I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you and your family back to Madinat Jumeirah in the future.

Pune
Reviewed October 8, 2013

First thing that strikes you is inspite of all efforts,this hotel is in dire need of modernisation.
The reception staff was very efficient and friendly and transfer to the room was very fast.
Room 516 was facing the sea and provided a beautiful view.
The bed was comfortable but could have done with firmer pillows.The washrooms were clean but lacked a hair dryer.The choice of channels on TV were very limited and could certainly have done with more sports channels.The coffee maker provided local ground coffee but hardly any Nescafe satchets.The breakfast spread was good.
There's a good track for jogging but you are frequently crossed by electric buggies ferrying guests and goods and there are several blind corners which may pose danger.

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms provide a brilliant view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank for staying at Mina A'Salam and providing feedback of your experience.

We nearly completed the room refurbishment project that is also on going during your recent stay with us. The new room is more modern with an Arabic touch and spacious, with improved technology and comfort, I hope you will have the opportunity to experience it on your next visit to Dubai.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to Mina A'Salam in the future.

Hampshire
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife, 14-year old daughter and I stayed here in August 2013. This was the sixth time we have stayed at this fabulous hotel and it just ticks all the boxes for us.

I travel extensively with work and stay in wonderful hotels all over the world. However,mothers is not one that I look forward to arriving at as much as the Mina À Salam. It is quite simply outstanding in every respect.

I am lucky enough to experience wonderful hotels, with great facilities and great food and exceptional cleanliness, all over the world. The single thing that makes us keep going back to the Mina À Salam is the quality of the staff members. From the guy preparing the sunbeds in the mornings right up to the General Manager, they are an exceptional collection of people.

This year, we felt privileged to be looked after by Shashank Vatsa, who is the Director of Rooms. Shashank's personal attention made such a difference to our holiday and that of old friends whom we met again this year.

Before I stayed here the first time, a colleague said this was a hotel everyone should stay in before they die - it is that good. He was right, and you would be doing yourselves a massive favour to try it for yourselves and experience why we keep coming back, even though there are many other destinations we would love to visit.

At the Mina, they get it right - every time.

Room Tip: Ask for a Sea View room - it costs a little more but is well worth it. And consider upgrading to Pr...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank IanHampshire
Dear Guest,

We were really happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your 6th visit to our hotel. Thank you for your continued loyalty towards Mina A'Salam, it is very pleasing to learn that you have stayed with us on a number of occasions and that we remain your first choice while you are in Dubai.

I am particularly very happy to read your comments in regards to our colleagues. It is indeed our intention to ensure our hospitality is warm, welcoming and memorable, I will definitley share your review with Shashank and the team.

Once again, thank you for gracious review and we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Mina A'Salam, hopefully in not to distant future.

Mumbai
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in 3 rd week of September . Everything was perfect including the rooms ,breakfast and service.
Good quality of sleep and unlike most hotels in similar category only glass and iron this was actually like a castle which was a very welcome relief. Overall fantastic stay.will definitely recommend

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sacrai
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guest

I am delighted to learn that you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay during your recent business trip to Dubai, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience via TripAdvisor.
I am glad that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay and hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to Mina A'Salam in the future.

midlandsuk
Reviewed October 5, 2013

One week is never enough to spend at this lovely hotel. Spent one uncomfortable night which the Director of Rooms Mr Shashank Vasta has apologised for and is currently sorting out with our travel company.
The refurbishment of the rooms is contemporary whilst maintaining an Arabian feel and beautifully decorated.
All the staff including Lee Piestersma and her team in the Premier Lounge and Sumeet and his team on the beach made our holiday special once again.
Can't wait to return in March 2014!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank patsy67
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Mina A'Salam and for your gracious feedback regarding my colleague Shashank, Lee and her team and Sumeet and his team. I will certainly pass it on to them, whom i believe will be equally happy to receive your comments.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we all look forward to welcoming you back for a longer holiday at Mina A'Salam.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We booked the hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary and a birthday. I had especially booked the Executive club option for the exclusivity which this provided last time I visited. Unfortunately this had been discontinued without informing us and we were told we could use the Premium Leisure club instead. This is family oriented and not what we wanted. We were shown our room which was newly refurbished and beautiful but unfortunately overlooked a building site with construction vehicles starting at 7.00am. Juniel from the Exec lounge told us he would inform his manager in the morning that we were disappointed and we were impressed that when we went for breakfast the Customer Service manager, Lee Pietersma, did indeed know the whole story. To cut a story short Lee arranged for us to move to a wonderful sea view room and gave us a room credit to compensate for our disappointment regarding the Exec club facilities. Lee is a fantastic ambassador for the hotel. She connects with guests in a very special way, she recommended memorable restaurants and arranged bookings for us, which made our stay exceptional and chatted away to us as if we were actually friends. Special mention also for Karin in the Exec lounge who was very interesting to chat to and gave us a real insight into what life is like for a young person working a long way from home. Staff at this hotel are obviously happy in their work and nothing was too much trouble although they are never "in your face". The stand out person for us however was Lee who is the kind of person who will have customers coming back to this elegant and under statedly luxurious hotel. We booked the half board option, this allows you to eat in most of the restaurants with a small surcharge in the most expensive ones. You do have to present vouchers which is a bit obvious but you are not restricted to a 2nd rate menu - you can choose anything from the menu. Perhaps the hotel could consider an alternative to vouchers. Maybe a room credit? That's only a minor issue though. The overall experience is fabulous

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room -you can go to sleep listening to the waves
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Mina A'Salam to celebrate two very special occasions and I am glad to learn that the team managed to turn around your experience to be fabulous and memorable one.

I sincerely appreciate your glowing feedback with regards to our colleague Lee and Karin, I am sure they will be very happy to receive your feedback.

Thank you for your suggestion and feedback which we have taken on board, we all look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.