“Lovely hotel....”

Jumeirah Mina A'Salam
Ranked #41 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed at the mina for 12 nights in late August and had an amazing time. Having stayed at Jumeirah beach hotel last year (and having a fantastic time) we were a little hesitant about whether the Mina would live up to that experience. It really did ! The hotel has a peaceful and relaxed feel. Even though this is a huge resort - the place never felt busy or crowded. The rooms were big and well equipped - they are undergoing refurbishment at the moment and this is well timed. We had the opportunity to view the new rooms and they were nice. The pool area was relatively small but immaculate. When we returned to visit the JBH pool the difference in cleanliness and ambience was really apparent.... :(

Travelling around the resort on the lovely arbras and buggy's was fun and the kids really enjoyed it. All the restaurants we visited this year were excellent. We particularly enjoyed Segreto, Villa Beach, The Wharf, and Beachcombers. We also visited Amala in JZS - it was nice - but the welcome drink was definitely an acquired taste !! It made the kids chuckle!!!

We tried a couple of trips out - opting for different experiences from last year - the jeep safari was great and the kids loved it. We also hired a speedboat which took us around the palm and upto jumeirah for a dip in the warm sea. Again this was really enjoyable. We particularly liked our helicopter ride and it was an amazing way to see Dubai!!!

Being Dubai you are guaranteed fantastic hot weather and we loved it !!! As a rule we don't like to visit the same place more than once ... But that rule might now be broken.. All in all I guess I would say we are now well and truly hooked on Dubai - the number of return guests says it all really. The service and hospitality here cannot be beaten. We will definitely return and the Madinat will more than likely be our return destination !!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read how much you and your family enjoyed your recent holiday with us at Mina A'Salam and sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your experience.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your holiday and I am delighted that you had the opportunity to view our new room. The first phase of our room refurbishment is nearly completed and some of our guests are experiencing the newly refurbished guest rooms at the moment.

I am also very pleased to learn that you will definitely return to stay with us again. We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Mina A'Salam.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,890)

Reviewed September 26, 2013

stayed in many hotels across Dubai I would have to say the mina is my favourite the staff are fantastic very helpful and accommodating I thought I booked a Seaview room with Dial a flight but on my booking it was only a standard room The Hotel generously gave me a Seaview room with no extra charge half-board vouchers are a must on my return to dubai I must say I will definitely be staying here again

• Stayed: September 2013
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for you favourable comparison between Mina A'Salam and other hotels that you had experienced on your previous visits to Dubai.

I am delighted to read your comments and to learn that you have been impressed with our product and services. Your comments will also be a motivation for the team to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the very near future. Once again, thank you for your positive ratings and for recommending our Resort on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We have just returned from our 10 day stay. This is our second visit to this hotel and again were not disappointed. The location is perfect, the service from all staff is outstanding, the chose of restaurants is amazing. Food quality and presentation cannot be beaten. WE have stayed in Dubai many times at other hotels and although they are all of a good standard this offers everything you need on your doorstep. The abra taxi and golf buggies transport you to all locations.
This year my husband felt ill on one evening, just a bit dizzy and cold. The hotel Duty Manager and other staff were there in a second called their own medic where my husband had a thorough check up to make sure he was not in any danger. I am glad to say all was well but what a wonderful service of care to guests. Other information make sure you do the Big Bus tour its well worth the money and you will see all of Dubai. Try as many of the restaurants that you can there is such a choice of different cultures. Your rooms are clean and serviced twice a day, fruit and water in your room all free, and those BEDS are just unbelievable you just have to force yourself to get out of them. My thanks to all the staff and a special mention to Jaleel our room attendant ,fantastic.
See you next year, and the year after and so on.

Room Tip: Ocean delux rooms are good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mary w
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your second time experience at Mina A'Salam and I hope your husband is well following your trip back home.

I am delighted to learn that both you and your husband thoroughly enjoyed your second stay with us and I sincerely thank you for mentioning all the positive elements that you had experienced while residing at our hotel.

Once again, thank you for choosing to return to Mina A'Salam, we all look forward to welcoming both of you back next year.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Simply beautiful hotel with a gorgeous waterways system to take you to the many restaurants - lots of amazing eateries to suit every taste. Superb staff and spotlessly clean. Perfect relaxing holiday or an ideal resting place whilst exploring the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea-view which also looks out upon the waterways that transport you or a room that overloo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JustineKingNorman

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor following your stay at Mina A'Salam last year.

We sincerely appreciate your comments with regards to the waterways, the cleanliness of the hotel and superb customer care provided by our team of colleagues.

Thank you for recommending our hotel as the perfect holiday venue, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at hotel for 11 nights on half board, we have been going to this hotel [or sister] for over 8 years now, and it still has the 'wow factor' the choice of restaurants and bars are fantastic, we had a updated room which was not as traditional as it used to be but still lovely, a little more lighter and more 'work top' space. We went for a chill out holiday and spent most of the day in the sun on the beach, and would like to thank everyone working the 'Beach Operations' for making it so wonderful, their service was top rate [especially 'Sharfan,], check out 'Shimmers' for lunch. We will be returning next year.

Room Tip: just started building work on side of hotel, so pay extra for sea view to avoid one of these.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Guest

On behalf of the Mina A Salam team, we thank you for your continued loyalty towards Jumeirah for the last eight years. Your posting on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at Mina A'Salam shows that we managed to uphold our commitment to service and product excellence and live up to our brand reputation.

Your comments about Sharfan have been shared not only with him, but also with the team. I am pleased to inform you that they are very happy and eager to know that their efforts are highly appreciated by our esteemed guests such as yourself.

I am also delighted to read your feedback regarding our newly refurbished guest room. It is definitely more spacious with an up to date furnishing and upgraded technology creating a contemporary feel, yet retaining the traditional Arabic touch to it. The room is not the only exciting thing that happened in our hotel, we recently opened the beach bar which you probably had already seen. I am sure you also noticed that the swimming pool has been refurbished and the new loungers are expected to be delivered this month.

Once again, we sincerely thank you for recommending our hotel, we all look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to Mina A'Salam next year.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Having travelled all over the world I have found my home.

This hotel is a joy as the rooms and beds are the most comfortable, the staff friendly and attentive and the choice of restaurants vast.

The hotel is positioned on jumeirah beach and you can get around the hotel by golf buggies which you flag down and enable you to travel throughout this wonderful resort.

The beach is clean and the sea warm and the beach attendants catered for our every need. My daughter even water skied around the famous burn al Arab.

We went to celebrate my birthday and having spent 5 days at the hotel I booked to return in November.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor following your stay at Mina A'Salam.

I am delighted to learn that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay to celebrate your birthday. All your kind comments from the comforts of our guest room, attentiveness of our colleagues to the various services offered are highly appreciated.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and recommending our resort. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to your second home in Dubai.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We have just returned from the Mina A Salam as a family to celebrate my husbands 50th Birthday and can only describe the service we recieved as totally First Class! From the minute we arrived at the airport to be collected in 2 BMW 7 series limo's to our return in a Lincoln navigator the service was unbelievable. We had upgraded to the Premium Leisure Club and this was definitely the right decision for us as it enabled us to enjoy breakfast, afternoon tea and pre- dinner drinks. The rooms are spacious and spotless with twice daily service . The half board option gives you the opportunity to eat at over 40 restaurants within the Jumeirah hotels . All the staff in the hotel were wonderful but we mut make a special mention to Regina and Elton who are a credit to the MAS . We are already planning our next visit .

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle M

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and Happy 50th birthday once again to your husband from the Mina A'Salam team.

I am very pleased to read that you and your family had a memorable stay with us and thank you for your appreciation towards our colleagues, Regina and Elton. We pride ourselves in delivering a unique arabian experience for all our guests, and I am therefore delighted to learn that we were successful in achieving this for you and your family.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate a very special occasion in your family and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back again in the future.