“Truly Outstanding!”

Jumeirah Mina A'Salam
Ranked #33 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed here from 5 - 12 July 2013.

I'm still not sure how this hotel is only at number 5 in the list of Dubai hotels, if there are 4 hotels better than this one then i must get around to staying in them one day as this was truly outstanding!

We arrived at 7.30a.m. and were greeted at the entrance by a member of staff who said 'Welcome to the best hotel in Dubaio', he wasn't wrong! We were checking in when out of nowhere some staff arrived with cold towels and a drink, this was a taste of the service to come, you were lifted and laid by the staff, they really went out of their way to ensure that your stay was as comfortable and memorable as possible.

We were upgraded to an ocean view room, a truly fantastic view with a nice balcony where we could sit at night and enjoy a view of the Burj Al Arab and watch the abras transport people to and from the restaturants.

The room was fantastic, a nice sitting area, shower and bath and separate toilet area, mini bar and 42 inch television with some Sky channels and MTV, a safe, dvd player and fruit and water replenished on a daily basis. It was my wife's birthday and on arrival in the room the hotel had provided flowers, wine, fruit, chocolates and a voucher for a hair appointment, such nice gestures!

On to the food now, and all i can say is i will need to go to the gym a lot now that i am home as i ate like a king!

Jambase - American supper club, tacos to start with (4 of them!!!!) absolutely delicious but just too many! Steak with peri peri sauce followed this, if you like you sauce hot and your steak melting on the mouth then this is your place! Whilst we ate there was a girl singing, very good she was too.
I'll run through the other eating places we were at:
The Wharf - English food, we had lamb and roast beef and it was beautiful, this place deserved way more cusotmers than it had when we were in!
Arboretum - in Al Qasr, international buffet, Indian/Italian etc, very good and a nice hotel (though not as nice as Mina A Salam!!!)
Noodle House - what a fantastic surprise this was, we weren't expecting much, thought it might be fast food noodle type place but were wrong, this was food at its best, beef in black pepper sauce, i can taste it now!
Segreto - lovely Italian food in nice surroundings with wonderful views.
Toscana - the pizza in here was to die for, as was the bruscheta.

The half board deal is wonderful, i hope they continue this deal as it is really great value and the standard of restaurants is superb.

I went to the Concierge one night to ask about having cocktails in the Burj Al Arab. He booked it for us and an e mail confirmation was slipped under our door next morning. He had explained it was a 250 Dirham minimum spend per person (£50 each). You cannot go to Dubai though and be right next door to a 7 star hotel without going to have cocktails here. The buggy takes you to the entrance, you are then shown to a private elevator to the 27th floor and given the drinks lists along with soem canapes. When we were there we had to wait 10 minutes for a window seat to become available but waht a view you get, well worth the wait! The hotel also provided a small birthday cake for my wife, another great touch!

We also went to Wild Wadi water park one day, this is free for hotel guests and when you consider it would cost £40 per adult normally this is another great perk. The park is spotless, you are provided with towels on the way in and an armband which operates as a cashless system for purchasing food and drinks. The park can be reached on a buggy which go up and down the road every 5 mins and is well worth a visit.

Another highlight is the private beach, so clean and there were plenty of sun loungers and parasols, even though i couldn't last long in 48 degree heat! There are lots of lifeguards on duty and they provide free ice lollies and cucumber for the eyes, they really do think of everything!

There were always plenty of taxis around the hotel to travel to the malls and other areas of interest, they even have a regular courtesy bus to Mall of the Emirates which we used one day and it is very punctual!

I think i've covered everything in what was a very memorable stay. I thought the MGM in Las Vegas was unbeatable when i stayed there 2 years ago but the Mina A Salam beats it hands down (their turtles are better than the MGM lions!!!!) The service is of a level i have never experienced before and will probably not experience again unless/until i return! Everything is done with a smile, nothing is ever too much trouble and the service all happens so discreetly and efficiently. The motto of Jumeirah is Stay Different. I can assure you that if you stay in the Mina A Salam you will stay different, different class. Go and experience it for yourself!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Sean549
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing a detailed and complementary feedback on the TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Mina A'Salam.

I am thrilled to read your review and to learn that you and your wife thoroughly enjoyed all the services and facilities that we have to offer to our guests. Our team is very focused on delivering guest satisfaction and your feedback is certainly a reflection on our efforts, I will be very happy to share this with the rest of the team.

Once again, thank you for recommending our hotel, we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to Mina A'Salam, hopefully in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Jumeirah Mina A'Salam

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed ( 2 Adults' one child 7 yrs) last August in Mina A Salam ( Half Board Basis - Deluxe room ) (1st -15th August)
Room:
Comments: - Room and housekeeping 10/10
Large comfortable bed. 42 inch TV with easy connections for Wii and play station. Separate area for getting dressed and storing clothes.
Perfect for my family, very comfortable bed and plenty of room to move about. Had a separate bed for child. Bathroom had a large bath and enclosed shower cubicle which was very enjoyable. Balcony was an added bonus as it was beautiful to see the sunset. Housekeeping was attended twice per day, normally morning and evening ( as per our request). It was completed by a Philippean girl who we can't thank enough. She was perfect in every way always bending backwards to fulfil our smallest requirements. It was also our anniversary, and the hotel provided us with a bottle of wine, chocolate sauce and fruits which was an added bonus - thank you. The hotel also provided a plentiful supply of bottled water.
Pool area and surroundings-
The hotel itself is beautiful beyond words. The inside areas are always kept immaculately clean and tidy - air conditioning throughout. There is also a facility to check emails and use a printer which was useful during my stay. The pool area is well managed and plenty of staff, we loved it when they would come around with ice lollies. My wife loves the beach and we thought it was amazing how the staff would provide an ice bucket to keep your water cool at no extra charge. There is water boats to get you around to the other hotel and souks. We used the kids club Sinbad's - which my son very much enjoyed, plenty of activities to keep the children busy, staff were also very professional and friendly. Sinbad also provided water such that my son was always hydrated. Inside Sinbad there is air conditioning and outside there is a children's pool. The main Al Qasr pool is approx 20 meters from the Sinbads which is useful as we would sometimes pop into Sinbads to make sure our child was ok ( as you do!).
Restaurants and bars
We had the half board option which meant that we had a large choice of restaurants we could attend . I have made separate review for evening restaurants - The Wharf 4.5/5, Al Hambra 3/5, Toscana 5/5, Amala(Zabeel Saray)5/5 - Excellent , Beachcombers 5/5(Jumeirah Beach) and Latitude 5/5. (Jumeirah Beach)
For breakfast we attended Al Muna which was located 3 minutes from our room in Mina Salam, the breakfast was a buffet consisting of many different stations, our favourites were Indian, English breakfast, and the egg station, they also had a large station for fruits and yoghurts. The staff were always very attentive and would make amazing ' fresh' teas and coffees ( cappuccino, espresso etc). There was also a juice station where they had wonderful mint juice. ratting 5/5
We also attended breakfast at Al Qasr - Arboretum - Breakfast choice was more or less the same as Al Muna however there was also a selection cold fish where I would often have smoked salmon. Again staff were very helpful, but I have to say this restaurant was very busy and sometimes would have to wait - Max 5 minutes. all in all 4.5/5.

Our favourite restaurant we attended was Amala in Zabeel Saray. We enjoyed the service and surroundings so much that we recently booked a stay at Zabeel Saray from 16th -29 August 2013. I hope we have the same great holiday as we had last year. Hope this review was informative.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank DEVINDER K
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review with regards to your family holiday at Mina A'Salam last year.

I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed the service and product at the property. Your kind acknowledgements to our colleagues are also highly appreciated. I am proud to work with such a team who knows the essence on how to deliver the best customer service. I have extended your comments to these colleagues and they were thrilled that you remembered them.

We all looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Mina A'Salam in the future and I am sure you will enjoy your stay at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray next month.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Arrived at hotel 27th June for 7 nights half board, with husband, daughter son-in-law and 3 grandchildren aged 8,10,11, birthday treat for daughters forthcoming 40th birthday.From arrival at reception we were greeted with cold towels and refreshing cold drinks much appreciated after our flight. We were shown to our rooms 4 & 5 which were on the lobby floor,these were fantastic rooms and great decor and big balconies and lovely bathrooms, well fitted out, rooms were big and children had pull down sofa beds. Breakfast was served in Al Muna restaurant, and there were plenty choices of all food. Great omelletes made by chef.We dined at beach bar and restaurant, and the kids loved the pizzas there, also burgers. Luis the barperson was a great guy and also were his waiters, who nothing was a problem too.Dined at Wharf restaurant on Sunday evening and had Roast beef dinner, this was mouthwatering, and the size of the portions was out of this world. We couldnt finish them, no disrespect to the chef they were so big. Sweets were also great, and the soup was delicious as well. It was good to have meal vouchers and dine around as we pleased. A big mention to the two chefs in Al Muna who made them pizzas and also french fries, it was much appreciated, Kids loved the grilled chicken , and also the donuts. Kids loved wadi park and as we got in free, it was well used, they loved the lazy river and went on some of the big rides, they liked the beach and also the pool. Towels laid out for you all the time. They also liked the ice lollies given out everyday at the pool.
Husband and I used the courtesy bus to go to Mall of the Emirates, got tickets for metro to take us to Gold Souk, lady in ticket office, wrote directions where to get off train at and number of starions, very helfpful indeed, cost of ticket for two was 32 dirhams just over £5 very good value.Spotless clean and quick service.
Broke hairdryer one evening went to reception to report it, within minutes of returning to room replacement was delivered. what service. Once again first class service at hotel, 5 star well worth the extra money and great holiday was had by all. Had the use of computer to book our return flights online, Any thing we asked for we got, plenty water left everyday and ice buckets filled at night for us. Once again staff at Mina thank you all for a wonderful time and we hope to come back and visit and see the renovated new room

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lor44

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your family holiday with us at Mina A'Salam and that your holiday continues to remain such a fond memory for you. Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

Your kind comments regarding our colleagues, product and services are greatly appreciated, I have shared this with them and they are very happy to learn that their effort are highly appreciated by our guest. It is certainly our intention to ensure you are well looked after, it is very pleasing to know that our service standards exceeded your expectations.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We arrived here at Midnight after a comfortable flight from Newcastle. Upon arrival at the reception we were asked for a credit card. Now only being 23 and 21 we do not own such a thing so we were asked for a deposit of £500 for the 5 day visit to use the mini bar. I found this a bit OTT as I wouldn't be using the mini bar. We worked out at the reception though that we would pay for our drinks as we purchase them which in my opinion is the normal thing to do. After check in we were shown to our room. Whilst settling into the room and trying to relax there was a knock at our door. It was one of the hotel staff coming to clear the mini bar out. I found this rather rude on the hotels part just because we didn't have a credit card and refused to pay there £500 deposit. Those were the only negatives for me. Overall the hotel was really nice and the choice of restaurant's and the food on offer was excellent. Big mention to the American restaurant. I can personally recommend the Tacos to start followed by the steak. For this hotel we booked it under a special promotion offer of buy one adult get one free via Thomas cook signature with an upgrade to half board instead of the normal B&B. I would recommend looking out for this deal in the future on the UK high streets as although the hotel was nice I feel the total cost of £1400 would be the max I would be willing to pay for a 5 day break to this hotel. There is no way this hotel would of been worth £2800 if we were not travelling on this special deal as I personally have stayed in as good a quality hotel for a lot less.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for detailing your experience following your recent family holiday at Mina A'Salam, Madinat Jumeirah.

We currently have a soft refurbishment project on going so we hope that you have the chance to return to Mina A'Salam and experience the new guest rooms in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Having been told of work being carried out in the floors above, this after booking,We were glad to find no significant noise or dust what so ever, This is a great complex to stay at for the beach area & we were staying half board so no major costs incurred when eating in the vast number of restaurants on the list provided.
The room was pleasant and always cleaned very well, even so these are now due to be renovated in the next stage.
Nice hotel, easy access to the rest of Dubai via free shuttle bus or taxi to the Mall and then access to the Mono rail which is very good,
Overall a great but short stay to recharge.

Room Tip: Ask for a good priced upgrade, sea view is nice
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay experience and I am happy to know that you had a great stay despite of the on going refurbishment work taking place on the upper floors. As you probably already know, this is a soft refurbishment so we do not expect any noise disturbance and the work hour is restricted to avoid any inconveniences for our guest.

Once again, thank you for recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor, we hope to have you back at Mina A'Salam in the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Me and my son were out there for 6 nights and what a fantastic time we had, the staff were all grrrrreat specially Saad the Manager he made us feel so welcome and the attention he gave to my son's needs (he has special needs and can be very demanding at times) was fantastic it felt like we were at home, also mustn't forget Jorgee and all the other staff that went out of their way to make this holiday great.
This was our 1st stay at mina al Salaam will NOT be the last for sure.
We got there about 00.30on the 2nd and had a very quick check in and was even upgraded to Ocean view which was great, I asked for twin beds omg how huge are the beds and all the details like fresh fruit on arrival.
THANK YOU for making our stay sooooo good we will for sure be back very soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guest

I am very happy to learn that you and your son had a fantastic and memorable holiday with us at Mina A'Salam and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Your comments regarding our colleague Saad and Jorgee are highly appreciated and I will certainly share this with them.

Once again, thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor, we all look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Mina A'Salam in the future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I arrived at this magnificent hotel complex at midnight on the 4th July, 2013 to the most professional and friendly welcome by staff, everything was perfect right down to a welcome cool glass of juice. We were even given six vouchers for use for either lunch or dinner at one of their 40 restaurants within this huge hotel, this was on top of the breakfast included and was a very pleasant surprise as it was part of the hotel promotion. We were told that there were renovations being carried out on the levels above our floor to our horror but were assured that it would not inconvenience us at night. We got to our room (213) on the second floor and it was magnificent, a large spacious ocean facing room, as we had requested, with balcony overlooking a pool of large turtles that had been rescued! The room was fitted with the most comfortable king bed we have ever slept in and excellent pillows. The air conditioning was very efficient as it needed to be...it was 35 degrees still at 11.30pm when we arrived! A large screen tv with multitude of English speaking channels, in room safe, minibar, large bathroom with the best shower and separate toilet, everything to make your stay comfortable even including a bowl of fresh fruit. We are asked if we had a special occasion and as it was part of our anniversary trip we received a wonderful bottle of Prosecco Champagne, strawberries and chocolate dipping sauce complimentary from the management, another wonderful touch, thank you so much! As previously mentioned renovations - we didn't hear a thing, it was of no interference at all and wouldn't even have known it was being carried out, so they were true to their word as well.

Everything in this huge resort was excellent, the little boat drivers that take you anywhere around the complex 24 /7 were very knowledgeable and helpful and love their jobs it certainly shows, the golf cart drivers, the same all very helpful and obliging. The private surf beach is meticulously clean and setup with sun lounges is patrolled by numerous Life Guards who do a wonderful job keeping everyone safe, just a pity some of the foolish tourists didn't listen to their constant advice to swim between the flags! We received complimentary passes into the Wild Wadi Water Park next door and attached to the hotel, a fun place to spend a day in the heat.

The hotel WiFi was excellent and covered numerous items at the one time.

The breakfast was good with plenty of variety, again all staff were very helpful, lunches and dinners were had in various restaurants and were very tasty especially the Noodle House, Thai Restaurant which was used our vouchers for.

This was the last hotel we stayed in during our 7 week European holiday and was on the way home, we only wish we had stayed longer here and was the most efficient and plush of our accommodation of the trip. Thank you to all staff and management on a very pleasant experience for both of us!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank phil3194
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read through your review, on behalf of the team, I thank you for taking the time to share your detailed experience and recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I, in particular appreciate your comments with regards to the refurbishment project that currently underway at our hotel, hopefully you will be able to experience the new room on your next visit to Dubai.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, we all look forward to welcome both you and your wife back to Mina A'Salam and celebrate more special occasion in your life here at Mina A'Salam.