“Dubai luxury”

Jumeirah Mina A'Salam
Ranked #39 of 557 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was the most plesent stay I have had. There ad's states "stay different" and that is what it was. from the moment you arrive at reception you are made to feel special. From the the personal tour of your rooms ammenities to the fine dining and stores on the resort to the water taxi's, it is truley amazing.

Room Tip: a view of the water is always nice. From my room I had a view of the water and the Burj Al Arab.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Cory P
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience and posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your recent stay.

Although your visit was for business purposes, I am glad to learn that you were still able to appreciate our surroundings and the resort facilities. It is with stays like yours that we have earned the best business hotel rank in Dubai on TripAdvisor.

I do hope hat we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again to Mina A’ Salam on a personal visit and enjoy our truly unique hospitality.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Much regret for the late review, although I have bragged endlessly about this hotel to my friends.

My husband surprised me with a weekend get away for our wedding anniversary.
The splendor of this hotel refuses to wear out. The beach is amazing, the boat ride in the abra's and so many restaurants to choose from was just what we needed. There is so much to do at the premises that we didn't even get out.

NEGATIVE: Very good service over all except at the time of check in, the staff was slow and didn't feel like doing their job effectively. That did put a damper on our moods. Even though it was mentioned in our reservation that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary, the hotel staff did not make any effort to make it special.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank HafsahSyed
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Mina A’ Salam to celebrate your wedding anniversary. The team and I are grateful to receive your comments and we would like to thank you for your efforts into posting this review, our guests' perspective is very important to us and we have taken your remarks on board. I deeply apologize if your stay with us was not a perfect experience. It is very disappointing to read we did not meet your expected service standards.

I sincerely hope to welcome you to Mina A Salam on a future occasion so we can have the opportunity to redeem ourselves providing you with the service you deserve.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I visited for a company conference and really didn't know much about Dubai or where I was staying but was blown away from the moment I arrived until I departed. The entire experience was amazing from top to bottom including the accommodations, the resort, the service, the food and the views. I'm going to have to send a big thank you to the person who arranged this conference for making a great decision on where to stay. There were a few team members who unfortunately had to stay at a different hotel and every time the question came up of where should we go for dinner or just to meet up - they always wanted to come here.

My visit was in January and the weather was AMAZING. Although when windy it gets a bit chilly and it gets that way at sunset too. I've heard Feb/Mar is a little better without being too hot. But once you get into April/May it's borderline and beyond it's unbearable. I heard all this from a colleague who has lived in Dubai for 8 years and is still there.

Room Tip: I loved my view on the north side of the resort with an amazing view of the Burj Al Arab hotel, whic...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Chad E

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your business conference in the resort last month. I am truly grateful for your kind words and glowing feedback from your last stay and I look forward to welcoming you once again to our hotel in the near future.

The part of your comment that made me beam is that the hotel was conducive for team events as well.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Review a little late Sorry. Stayed at the Mina in PLC rooms for a month Aug/Sept. Truly amazing experience. Rooms Lovely, Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. My Father was taken ill and had to be admitted to the City Hospital. The genuine concern by both mangagement and staff was amazing. They went well beyond the call of duty which was very comforting at a very difficult time.
I could repeat all the same points as prevoiusly stated in other reviews, rooms , views, service ect all five + star but the exceptional part of this hotel is truly the staff. Many thanks

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank kerrylou10

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your stay with us with your family last Summer.

We were delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

It is not as it has been before the menu is very poor but the prawns have been excellent the waiters tried very hard to give a good service it has shown that this place is not any more as popular as it has been before 5 guests for lunch that gives you the answer. The setting is very nice but does not help at all. The management is asked to do something .

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Saliter

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us with regards to your recent dining experience. It is with much regret to know that we were unable to exceed your expectations on this occasion and we fell short of your expectations. Rest assured that your feedback has been highlighted to our Food and Beverage team who are very keen and focused on our service efficiency and staff knowledge of our restaurants.

I hope that this will not deter you from returning back to our restaurants and give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed at the Mina a'Salam with my two children and parents. Whilst I have stayed at this hotel previously it was the first time for my parents to stay and they thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff in the executive lounge were superb and indeed the staff and facilities throughout the hotel were second to none. It is wonderful to see all the staff smiling and greeting guests constantly and in fact the lady at the Spa very kindly brought over to my parents room some ginger tea on hearing that my mother was unwell. They truly went beyond any of our expectations. My only complaint would be with email communication. They are very slow to answer (2-3 days) any queries and indeed I am still waiting (1 week later) for a response in regards to my final bill. Despite this however we will most definitely be staying at this hotel when travelling to or through Dubai in future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Heidi B
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful and glowing review for Mina A’ Salam during your last visit with your family.

I am truly delighted to learn that we have exceeded our guest’s expectations when it comes to our facilities, services and making our way out of the norm to provide our utmost service to our guests.

On behalf of the entire Mina A’ Salam team, we are looking forward to welcoming you and your family once again to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Great hotel complex with superb amenities, food, and in a very safe setting. However, be aware of check in that the staff will offer you upgrades on rooms etc. The Ocean rooms are a must but the suites overpriced. The hard sell didn't work with us but be careful. The staff are very helpful and the breakfast superb.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Richard C

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for posting a review on TripAdvisor in relation to your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you are overall impressed with our amenities, food offering and overall facilities. Your kind feedback towards our colleague’s helpfulness is highly appreciated as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mina A’ Salam in the future.

Yours sincerely