“Arabian fantasy”

Ranked #17 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Melbourne, Australia
“Arabian fantasy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I did not arrive at the hotel until 2am direct from the airport, lovely welcome, refreshment offered while paperwork for check in was done. I was escorted up to my room to a fabulous king exectuive arabian room, plenty of bottled water on hand and a lovely basket of fruit, air con was set to perfect temp.
During my 4 night stay every request was attended to. I wanted to stay longer and will return. there is so much to do in Dubai I loved it. I enjoyed everything about this hotel, their staff are obviously well trained and customer service in all areas was absolute top notch.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Mary K
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and was pleased with the service and facilities at the property. All your kind comments with regards to your arrival experience, room facilities and amenities are highly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back in Mina A’ Salam in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We arrived to Mina Salam right after a long trip , we were worried not to have our room ready upon check in since reservations couldn't guarantee the availability of the room as early as 6 in the morning, however, when we arrived to the hotel , surprisingly enough, our room was ready which made it easier for us ..our room had a great view overlooking the ocean and so close to the burj al Arab hotel .. Food overal was very good, alot of varieties and there are all kind of restaurants , Chinese, Italian ,Arabic food,you name it....they have nice little wooden boats that run around the resort , the beach is great and is connected with the burj al Arab beach
Our favorite part was the close distance to mall of the emirates, we went to the mall and discovered a ski slope over there, that was a funny experience to ski in Dubai , the weather outside was 45c degrees and us skiing inside a mall!!!

Overall, we had a great time, we would surly recommend to our friends and come back again

Room Tip: Ocean view room is always good to have
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gerManios7
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us during your recent visit in Mina A’ Salam.

I am very delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you once again to our hotel.

Yours sincerely

Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I don't know many people who have been to Dubai so I was really counting on internet reviews to choose a hotel. After staying at this hotel for 5 days, I can emphatically say that it was an excellent choice. The location is perfect as it sits directly on the sand of the Arabian Gulf and is within 30 minutes or less from the airport. You can stay in areas closer to the downtown area and the airport, but why not enjoy the beach and all it has to offer when you are looking for a little down time? Dubai is not a walking city so it doesn't really matter where you stay as you will have to take transportation everywhere. The taxis are abundant and inexpensive. Skip arranging hotel transportation ($100), and opt for a very comfortable Pink Taxi ($30) driven by female drivers. For those of you looking for a comparison, I would say that the Mina A'Salam likens some of the best resorts found in the Scottsdale area or possibly the most upscale in Las Vegas. Palm trees are abundant and so are the beach amenities. You'll want those if you choose to go to a humid, desert climate in the summer months. It's like being in Florida during August. The water temperature this time of year has to be about 90 degrees. This hotel is one of three Jumeirah hotels - all next to each other - so you can enjoy everything that all three have to offer. You even get an up front and personal view of the famous sail-shaped Burj Al Arab hotel.

This is a 5-star hotel with 4-star pricing. Check the Jumeirah website for rates and then search around. I found a great deal on Hotels.com that gave us fantastic pricing. Our rate did not include breakfast, and the breakfast buffet was a little pricey. However, you can walk through the hotel to the Souk Madinat Jumeirah next door, which has several other eating options, including a Starbucks if you just have to have an American style coffee. The Souk has several shops that are unique in a bazaar-like atmosphere. Make sure to try breakfast at the Al Makan restaurant and enjoy traditional local food. We also ate at the Toscana Restaurant on the property, which I would suggest you skip. What they call Italian food was not even passable by my standards. The bars, Bar Zar and Bahri Bar, were packed with young people on Friday night. I didn't see any Abayas or even head coverings in there. The attire for women was short and sexy, and dress to impress.

The sleeping rooms were huge, even by American standards, and had a lovely view of the Gulf. Our room had a great balcony with a large table and 4 chairs to sit outside and enjoy the view. The beds were extremely comfortable with great linens. I would compare it to the Heavenly Bed at any Westin. There was a sitting area with a mirror for makeup application and a safe to put your valuables in. There were robes and slippers available and a full size, powerful hair dryer. The bathroom has a large walk-in shower, a separate large tub, and a private toilet room with bidet and door for privacy. There was abundant, quiet air conditioning.

The concierge was very helpful and eager to please. They helped us arrange a private car to take us to Abu Dhabi and tour around all the areas that we requested. The driver waited for us at each location, and offered to take us anywhere we wished to. This was very affordable (about $200) considering that the other option is to take a bus and make an all day event out of public transportation. For getting an overall look at all the attractions in Dubai, you can take the Big Bus Tours, which leaves from the Souk next door. Very easy and worth the $60. This hotel has a shuttle that goes to the Mall of the Emirates, which is only a short ride away, and where you can shop and snow ski in the same place (a must see).

This was a fabulous hotel with a beautiful Arabian paradise feel (and everyone speaks excellent English).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Harmon_Rabb
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us in Mina A’ Salam.

I am really happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us and that you were particularly pleased with the accessibility and convenience of our hotel to all your needs. Let it be in room facilities and amenities, varieties of restaurants and to other location you preferred to visit in Dubai.

I will be sure to share you kind feedback with the team especially to our Concierge that you find very helpful during your tour in Abu Dhabi. Definitely they will be very glad to hear that you have enjoyed their assistance and company.
We all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future

Yours sincerely

england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

The usual excellent courtesy all round but do inspect your room before moving in! Our rooms overlooked a builders yard but on showing our dissatisfaction we were reallocated.we even named the room nos. We had stayed in before.The management gave in. The hourly rota on the beach of distribution of cucumber slices, ice cram etc is an excellent idea.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank rajeshwarkumar
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us in Mina A’ Salam. I would like like to express my gratitude for your constructive feedback and I am very pleased to read of your positive comments. I will certainly be extending your kind words to the entire team.

I look very forward to welcoming you back at Madinat Jumeirah in the near future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

This wonderful hotel is sat right in the middle of the Jumeirah Complex. The feel is less clinical then the other hotels and that is deliberate. As part of the hotel they have included shops, restaurants and bars as a Souk which is really well done.

As with all Jumeirah Hotels there is no compromise and every detail is meticulously finished.

When the weather allows sit outside in their own amphitheatre and have a rose shisha and cool drink on a warm evening. Everyone else will have to travel back to their hotel you just have to go upstairs.

The staff, the rooms, the service are faultless.

If you are visiting Dubai you will not go wrong with choosing this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Matthew M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us in Mina A’ Salam Hotel. I am delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service and that everything is within steps. Our team are aiming to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort in the very near future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Needing to get away from the ofice for a few days, I asked a friend the choice between another hotel or this one (Mina A' Salam) and he advised, Mina A' Salam 'every time.' So I stayed for 2 nights and found it the best hotel I have ever stayed in (and I have stayed & lived in a few over the past few years). From the opulent rooms, to the outstanding amenities, to the wonderfully warm staff, this place was amazing. At your doorstep is the amazing Madinet Jumierah (Arabian market) and really yummy restaurants and bars catering for tastes of all continents. The beach was wonderfully cared for and the backdrop was even better with the Burj Al Arab within 200metres and great views & cabanas & umbrellas so plenty of protection even in the height of summer when I visited.

When family comes back to stay we will be staying here from now on. Just perfect.

Room Tip: I took the cheapest room and it overlooked Madinet Jumeirah - there are no bad rooms here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank supabats19600114
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

It's taken me a few weeks to reflect on our fantastic short stay at the Mina. Overall, it is a five star resort all the way. We were greeted warmly at check in, and when I expressed concern that our room may not be large enough for our family of four, I was offered an upgrade to a one bedroom suite for a fee. We decided to go for it as the total price was far less than the regular suite rate, and gave us club privileges and car back to the airport. I'm so glad we did the upgrade as we loved the additional space and balcony area. Interestingly, however, some of the furniture in the room was a bit dated (esp the couches), as was the bedside clock. No iPhone docking station in sight! Apart from that, however, everything else was just lovely, and the service exceptional.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Ozmum2011
Dear Guest

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your stay.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us recently. All your kind comments with regards to your arrival experience, room upgrade and overall service are highly appreciated.

I have also noted of your comment with regards to the furniture and I am happy to inform you that the hotel is working on room enhancements to further improve your experience. The enhancements being planned will guarantee that we position our rooms with the latest technology whilst ensuring you still enjoy the usual convenience of the accessibility and the best views of the ocean.

I appreciate you sharing your constructive feedback and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.