“Great hotel with consistent quality, very nice city views”

Jumeirah Emirates Towers
Ranked #18 of 555 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed May 26, 2009

The hotel is consistently good in terms of lcoation, views, amenities and features. Marred somewhat with inconsistent quality check-in staff, specially the ones who man the desk late at night. Excellent gym, great facilities, good restaurants, excellent service, Aigner toileteries

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Jumeirah Emirates Towers

Reviewed April 15, 2009

Typical Business hotel. Good lobby and excellent choice of food. Presently they are offering a very good weekend package. Check it out before booking. Ordinary TV in the room; very disappointing

Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2009

Typical business hotel rip-off. Billed me for $50 or so for supposed mini bar charges that never happened. To me its not the money, its the incompetence of the staff to respond to a complaint. No manager would ever address the issue. No one ever bothered to look and see that I have spent more than $25K over the past six months at their properties. I continued with the issue just to see how long it would go on: Five phone calls, faxes, emails were ignored. Sure Dubai hosts a lot of high-rollers, and maybe they don't need my business or that of my firm (across the roundabout at DIFC) but this is preposterous.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank jc_path
Reviewed February 6, 2009

This is a good business hotel and meets all the business requirement you might need. As a female though I found it very male orientated - even the toiletries were "pour homme".

Had drinks in the bar one evening but felt strange as I was a lone female.

I did however really enjoy the sushi restuarant and the Lebanese that are in the shopping mall attached to the hotel - food was really good.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Peagreen98
Reviewed February 5, 2009

Emirates Towers Hotel

Arrival at Dubai Airport - On arrival at Dubai Airport, we proceeded to the Jumeriah Hotel reception lounge area, where we were greeted by name, and asked to wait for the limousine, as it was delayed due to the fog. The lounge area is comfortable.

Our S320 Mercedes arrived, and we were shown to it (had two staff walking with us, but they did not offer to push the trolley).

The car was comfortable with bottled water, newspapers and magazines to read. The journey took around 30 minutes.

Arrival at Emirates Towers - There was no one to open the car doors (noticeable over the next 5 days that maybe 1 in 6 cars arriving were met by doormen). We went to the reception area, and checked in.

I had booked a promotional rate called ‘Gold for Life’ that basically gave you free limo transfers, access to the club lounge and all the amenities associated there (more later), a room up grade if available, 10% discount on all food in the hotel, and late check out. The receptionist was not aware of the promotional rate, and when I asked her if there was an upgrade available, she said we would have to pay an additional US$270 per night. I showed her the print out with all the details of the promotion, and after some time, she up-graded us to a Towers Room from the Deluxe Room. A Towers room is a Deluxe Room on a higher floor. So we were now on the 37th floor instead of the 31st floor.

For a hotel of this caliber, I would have expected an escort to the room. Having stayed at the Shangri La, Dusit Thai, Fairmont, Ritz Carlton, and Grosvenor House in Dubai before (as well as Emirates Towers before), my report compares this stay to previous stays at 5 star hotels in Dubai.

Room - We made our way to the room, as we had been ‘up-graded’, the room was set out for one person (i.e. in the bathroom one bath towel, one hand towel, one face cloth, etc.) I found this quite odd. The rooms as spacious with good views.

The furniture is looking worn, as it the carpet. The TV is not even a flat screen, let alone Plasma and was small. There is a good size work desk with a very comfortable chair, and also a long lounge by the window that served as a day bed / dumping area. Storage space is adequate.

There are tea and coffee making facilities in the room, as well as a well stocked mini bar. There was quite a bit of reading material in the room. The bed is king size with a duvet and quality pillows.

For the first three mornings I had to call House keeping to get additional towels. On the 4th morning I spoke to guest relations and told them that there should be towels for two guests in the room. They were blasé about it, but I did notice that from that day onwards, the room looked cleaner, the bathroom was well stocked, etc. It was a shame that the house keeping staff had to be told to maintain a 5 star standard.

Everyday there was a presentation of one type of fruit and one spice with a detailed note about the spice. This was a nice touch.

Room Service - One morning we ordered room service. The order was clearly taken, and the food was delivered in the stipulated time. The trolley was well laid out, with all condiments, etc. Several times we asked for ice, and this was brought promptly.

Club Floor - To access the club floor from Floors 10 – 39, you have to take a lift to the ground floor, and then take a lift to the 42nd floor. This was an inconvenience, but with free access, I am not complaining. I overheard some guests who were staying in Apex Suites (a suite on each floor) that they had to do this.

The Lounge has a smoking area (after 12:00 noon), and non smoking area’s, as well as board rooms. A full breakfast (better then the breakfast in the main restaurant on the ground floor) is served from 6:30 am -11:30 am. Eggs are cooked to order, and there is a good selection of juices, fruit, cereals, breads, pastries, cheese, and hot foods. Nothing to complain about here. Service was good, courteous and efficient.

At around 12:30 a light lunch of sandwiches, cheese, fruit, salads, pastries and desert is served. There are complimentary drinks (including alcohol) from 12:30 pm onwards.

At around 4:00 pm afternoon tea is served with scones, pastries, cakes, etc.

Then at 6:30 pm it is hot and cold canapé’s including caviar, quail eggs, smoked salmon, crab, prawns, etc. An excellent selection.

After 8:30 pm there is a sample of deserts.

It is quite possible to eat all of your meals in the lounge with free beverages. It was a great lounge with good service. As we were not staying on the Club Floor, we were asked for our room number on a few occasions, but once the staff knew us, it was fine.

Check – out

Was efficient and fast. Emirates had sent a car to collect us.

Overall

Service – For a 5 star hotel in Dubai, this was the biggest weakness I saw. 5/10

Room – Needs refurbishing. Housekeeping lacks finesse. 5/10

Club Lounge – Excellent. 8/10

Restaurants – Were a hit and miss. Service is what brought them down. 6/10

Would I stay at The Emirates Towers again? No. I did not find it to be value for money, and the lack of service was disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
5  Thank roadwarriorafrica
Reviewed January 11, 2009

I just spent the weekend on a business trip in the Emirates Towers. Nothing beats the service and friendliness of all staff I encountered during my stay.
For business meetings the location is superb and the business facilities for meetings excellent.
The hotel and rooms are clearly geared predominantly towards men: Aigner's soaps, the already slightly retro furniture, closet space, and even the male-only gym. The pool is small, though, and didn't seem too welcoming as it is right beside the restaurant. My bedroom was very comfortable, although as mentioned in other reviews the A/C is am annoying sound at night. I was also surprised at the lack of WiFi in the hotel, but happy with the free broadband in the room.
I happened to have a room with a view of a huge construction site so that the romance of looking towards the beach was certainly lost on me.
The Mall in the the Emirates Towers was stupendous: delicious restaurants and boutiques to die for.
This is a great place for business travellers. I would recommend it any time!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Laimdota
Reviewed January 4, 2009

Without question the best business hotel I have had the pleasure of staying in. The business center was world-class, the rooms were comfortable, beautifully appointed and spacious, and the service was excellent.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business