“One night, two towers, three problems.”

Jumeirah Emirates Towers
Ranked #21 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Being members of the Jumeirah Hotels loyalty programme, we decided to spend our 26th wedding anniversary at JET. We were aware, as we live in Dubai, that it is geared toward the business traveller, but as we wished to have dinner in a restaurant located in the hotel we were okay with that. Booked a Club/Executive room as we always do as I enjoy 'the perks' ie lounge, amenities etc. With so much competition in Dubai amongst hotels, and having stayed at most of the 5 star establishments here, the JET needs to pull its socks up. And so the problems,

1. On arrival the valets and porters did their job, well done, however the reception desk was another matter. We were not greeted with a smile, rather a surly man spent 5 minutes looking at his computer and did not acknowledge us at all, I did mention we were Club but was completely ignored, 5 star hmm? Eventually, he almost 'threw' our key at us and that was that, no explanation of what 'perks' we were entitled too, not even directions to the lifts. We made our own way to our room, feeling 'that nervousness' of 'had we made the right choice?'.

2. The room was less than we expected for Club class, adequate but the lounge furniture was pretty dated, badly designed and lacked comfort, all seating pointed inward to the room and sadly not outward to the view. No fruit bowl or any other Club 'things' one expects in this day and age. The bedroom and bed were again okay, clean and well made up, but not a high thread count on the linen and also felt quite worn. Bathroom was a little scary as it has glass doors which you can actually see through, (design over comfort?) bathroom amenities included a small bottle of shampoo and a bar of soap, methinks housekeeping need a word or two. There is nothing in the room to provide you with what is on offer in the hotel, I always look for 'the book' but again sadly none, and the TV (Bang & Olufsun BTW, sounded like tin cans as volume had to go up to 70 to hear English speaking channels) it also has no direct hotel menu. We asked for ice for our empty ice bucket (5 star hmm) and 20 minutes later a young Indian man knocked on the door dragging a very large cool box behind him and dumped our ice bucket into it, 5 star hmm? Our restaurant table was booked for 8.30, at 5.20 we headed for the Club/executive lounge, fair play to the girls in there they were friendly and came straight to our table to ask for a drink order, (unfortunately no fanta or mirinda), got powdered orange juice, but that's the hotel, not the staff, the girls were fine, really could have done with a little snack to hold us of until dinner time but nothing, no food, not even nuts or cheese biscuits were offered or given, 5 star hmm. Went to dinner at The Ivy as planned, but thats another review.

3. Checkout was probably the worst I have experienced, 20/25 minute wait whilst people pushed in front, no eye contact from the staff or apologies for the wait, no recognition at all we were standing there. I think they need to install the 'velvet rope system' if checkout is so bad at JET. It truly was a shambles. However, it seems the Duty Manager became aware of the situation and opened a checkout line himself, he was efficient, curteous and friendly, infact he offered up a 'guest review card' to us and was extremely apologetic. Jumeirah need more empolyees like Maren, he was a shining star in the midst of what was a very mediocre stay. Please note this Jumeirah, he made me smile when I was in a very, very bad mood! Promote him!

So would I stay here again, probably not, like I say there are so many hotels in Dubai and the JET never gave the service or accomodation I expected, sad but true. I should also mention for GCC folks one night stays are usually enquired of "is it a special occassion", never happened at JET. few nights for business people but families and couples beware, there are much better hotels in Dubai, even within the Jumeirah group.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money on Club
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank thistle99
JumeirahTowers, General Manager at Jumeirah Emirates Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time on posting a review on TripAdvisor. With regards to your recent stay at Jumeirah Emirates Towers, I am most appreciative of your detailed comments.

At the same time, I was dismayed to read that you left disappointed by several aspects within the hotel, especially when you were celebrating your 26th wedding anniversary. Please accept my sincere apologies that the points you have encountered do not represent the standards we strive to maintain. As you are aware, the recognition of our guests’ special moments is of the utmost importance. I sincerely regret that this was overlooked by our Colleagues and is inexcusable on our part.

I am also most concerned that the check-in process was handled poorly and insufficient information you received had impacted your overall stay with us. I have shared this feedback with the departments concerned to ensure these mistakes do not take place again in the future.

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement to our Bell Desk and Club Executive Teams. It will be my pleasure to share your comments as they will be no doubt be delighted to know that their efforts are so well appreciated.

I hope that in the near future you will stay with us again in order that we may restore your faith in our focus for service excellence and look forward to your next visit.

General Manager & Area General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,913)

Reviewed April 5, 2012

The hotel is located on Sheikh Zayed Road, right in the middle of the hustle bustle of Dubai. It's away from the beach, but you get a free shuttle to take you to the private beaches at Jumeirah Beach Hotel or Madinat Jumeirah - your choice. I had a standard room, and I don't think I'd need anything better. The room was very spacious, with lots of storage space, a nice desk that would worked as a dresser, with a nice mirror you can pull up. The bed was VERY comfortable. The bathroom was quite large as well, with Molton Brown toiletries.

What I liked the most was the service, though. The receptionist was very friendly and professional, and the floor butlers were there the minute you called them. The Health Club has good equipment and the personal trainer was very helpful. There's an outdoor pool I didn't try. Next time.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Emirates Towers. I am delighted to read that our hotel facilities met your expectations and I appreciate you recommending Jumeirah Emirates Towers.

I also would like to thank you on your kind acknowledgement of our Guest Service Agents as well as our Butler Team, it is with great pleasure that I am able to recognize particular colleagues or teams that provided memorable experiences to our guests.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay and we were so pleased we had chosen the Emirates Towers. The service was faultless. The food in every restaurant we tried was really really good. The decor pleasing on the eye in city where gaudy is the norm. We had a beautiful corner suite which was huge with mesmerising views. Our only complaints were hard fruit for breakfast and a very poor choice of out of date dvd's, there were only three available when we asked for one.

3  Thank Wizardmate

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to read that you had a great stay with us at Jumeirah Emirates Towers.

We were delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards that you have experienced during your stay with us.

I have noted your comment in relation to the fruits during breakfast and to update our DVD selection for our guests. Your feedback is extremely important in helping us to improve our facilities and I will certainly share your comments with the department head concerned for further action.

We look forward to your next visit in the near future.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Stayed for 3 days with our toddler during a stay over in Dubai. The staff was very kind to our son. The hotel room was sumptuous. The bed was beyond comfortable. Room service delivered delicious hamburgers. The pool guys were professional and kept a good eye on our son in the baby pool.

We also had access to the Private beach which is a cab or shuttle ride away. Very relaxing and kid friendly.

Stayed 1 night on our return flight. Had an incredible view of Burj Khalifa.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ruffington
JumeirahTowers, General Manager at Jumeirah Emirates Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were pleased with the overall service as well as the facilities provided at Jumeirah Emirates Towers.

It is gratifying to note that you found our complimentary private beach access as well the shuttle service, provided an added value for you and your family.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family in the near future.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I will not describe the whole experience in this hotel as it is a 5 stars hotel, and they have all standards covered.

I'll share only one incident that might not occure frequently with travelers, I got sick in my first day of a 5 days holiday. Luckly, I contacted the reception just to cancel a reservation our planned activitey due to my illness.

The reception offered the hotel doctor services, he came checked on me and gave me the reqired medicine, and kept on calling the room to check on me until the next day. Only thier help I got back my holidy and I didn't waste it out.

The funny and pleasent thing is that the reception continued asking about my health until the time of check out, just making sure I was having a pleasent stay.

It was a great experience with this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting such a great review on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay at Jumeirah Emirates Towers.

I was happy to hear that you were able to recover from your illness during your trip and that you were able to make the most of your holiday. I was delighted to hear that our Paramedics and Colleagues at the reception took care of you during the time of need.

I have shared your kind feedback with the rest of the team, they were equally delighted to know that their efforts are highly appreciated by our guests.

We look forward to your next visit in the near future.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed on 40th floor, ladies only floor. Very friendly service and they leave Yoga Mat and video on the bed every night. Wide range of room service menu, good location. Spa in the basement was also good.

1  Thank FlyingWakame

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback following your recent stay at Jumeirah Emirates Towers.

I was pleased that you enjoyed our Chopard Floor, dedicated only for Ladies, as well as the overall facilities provided at Jumeirah Emirates Towers.

It would be our privilege to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

just stayed 2 nights, arriving 7.30pm reception was busy but my check in was swift and painless and the staff made me feel very welcome. my room was on the 37th floor, try the rapid glass elevator, what a great touch!

the room was very well appointed, spacious and had free wi fi, coffee, water and robe plus a huge tv and superb leather chair and footstool, very clean, relaxing and contempary. The bathroom was equally appointed and comfortable. Breakfast was superb with plenty of choice and variety, slick service and no fuss

The Vu bar on the 51st floor was good but smelt of strong cigarette smoke and was as you would expect very expensive, good location though and what you would expect.

I would use the hotel again and recommend it to anyone looking for a touch of luxury and a relaxing atmosphere for both business and pleasure

Room Tip: great views over Dubai from the high rooms and Vu bar

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

My sincere appreciation of your patronage cannot be overstated. It is patrons such as yourself to whom we owe the success of the hotel and its facilities.

I appreciate you recommending Jumeirah Emirates Towers and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.