“Faultless apart from lifts” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Ranked #53 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Cardiff,Wales
“Faultless apart from lifts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2007

Spent Xmas and New Year at JBH.Would highly recomend it. First time I
have been it was almost faultless. Hotel restaurants were very good.
Managed to spend £220 on a meal for 2 at La Parilla the Argentinian although £95 of that being on 2 bottles of wine.

Other restaurants were more reasonable although the wine at £35+ per bottle throughout the hotel does tend to push your meal bills up. New
Year Gala dinner was mandatory at nearly £400 per head although all drinks and a bottle of Moet were included.

Had a club exec room which gave us inclusive breakfast a few other perks and use of a private pool shared with the Burj. Hotel staff were very very friendly and always say hello first. The only very slight niggle was the lifts you can spend a lot of time waiting for them. At busy times they take an age to come this can be frustrating.
especially since we were on the 17th floor.

• Liked — Views from the room of the burj changing colour after dark
  • Disliked — Lifts
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank GRB123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,122)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
west Mids
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in an upgraded room package which included breakfast on the 25th floor overlooking the gulf and use of the executive lounge for canapes and cocktails before dinner..Truly amazing.
If you want to be treated well, in a luxurious yet tasteful hotel then dont think twice about the Jumeriah Beach. Just one thing this hotel should come with a warning 'no where else you stay will compare ever again!'

• Stayed May 2005, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Sarahdm
Australian in Middle East
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2007

If you are looking for a family friendly hotel, this it.

We have stayed in a few hotels in Dubai, and they were all fantastic and very good with the children but I found the Jumeirah Beach definitely catered for children.

Depending what time of the day you arrive in Dubai will depend how long it will take to get there from the airport. You have to cross the creek and that in it self can take ages...not sure if you're aware of the Dubai traffic....so go the transfer if you can.
Once you are at the Hotel, there is no reason to leave, as everything is catered for. Jumeirah Beach Hotel is attached to the Burj al Arab, Jumeirah Madinat and 'The Pavilion Sports Centre' so you are able to visit all three resorts via a buggy, for eg. the Six Sense Spa or High Tea at the Burj al Arab! :) The kids loved it.

The Lobby is a bit like a train station, lots of people coming and going hence you will discover the security is high...not for bomb a threat but to monitor the flow of people and ensuring only guest are using the facilities i.e. pool/lift. Once you have been checked in (all Russians/English speaking receptionist) you will be escorted, to your room or to the Hospitality Room, which is situated on the first floor (via the glass elevator) if your room is not ready. As anticipated, our room was not ready, (we arrived mid morning) we were given a complimentary food/snack and drink - (no need for fizzy drinks when you can get freshly squeezed juice) and a mobile so they can contact you when your room is ready. This is probably when we had our first hick up on our trip. As we were checking in, my one year old son was not happy as he missed his morning sleep so I took him and one of my daughters for a reconnaissance to the out door areas - the Sinbad's Kids club. The humidity was 81% we didn't stay for too long and we discovered the other half of the family was already at the hospitality room which is on the '1st floor around to the right'...simple enough directions you can't go wrong...little did we know at the time that the Hospitality Room was in fact a Der Keller restaurant. After asking every one in the shops and 2 hotel staff where the Hospitality room was and receiving blank looks, I made my daughter run up and down the corridors looking for the rest of the family. We then had to go back down and ask at the reception desk where this Hospitality room was! By this time the reception area was full of people checking out! I think it was my sons crying that got the attention of one the attendants and we were promptly escorted up to the Hospitality room! I was by then rather frazzled and hot. The waiter was very attentive and did what he could to relieve me of my crying child. That night we received an apology note and a bottle of South American wine from the management! No we didn't complaint bitterly to management about the mishap.....this is a busy hotel and we still can't believe they noticed us.
We had a standard room which gave you more space than the average hotel room. The rooms are not your square shaped rooms and the bathroom was rather spacious. Not that the interiors needs to be explained but they were nicely decorated in blues and beech wood with art work on the walls. Bathroom was stocked with complimentary bottled water, sun cream, Blistex and a Beach bag - fantastic as we didn't bring any of the above. If you misplaced the babys' sipper cup (like we did) don't worry, as there is a pharmacy on the 1st floor that seems to be well stocked...even a doctor! How do we know? We had to visit him but I'll tell you about that saga later! There is also a Hair salon for men and women, beauticians, fabric shop (more for suits or thobes), sunglasses, Electronic, etc. As for the architecture compared to Mina A'Salam, a beautiful hotel which has been designed with a more traditional Arabic feel (dark woods) catering for towards honeymooners, or couples who want peace and tranquility. Jumierah Beach Hotel is a very modern hotel that catered for families. In the way of 'extras', Jurmierah is the better choice for a family.
Going forward a bit, as the midday sun was far too harsh for the children we decided come in from Wild Wadi and rest. On one particular day as the baby slept, my husband and daughter played cards at the "Colonnade" - in the lobby and I went to the Gold and Diamond Souq with daughter number 2. This is when things went down hill. It seems after munching on a ham sandwich at Palm Court one of the many restaurants located on the ground floor my husband health immediately turned for the worse hence the rest of our stayed was rather stressful me. This is when we discovered the pharmacy has a medic on hand who was rather sympathetic and treated the symptoms accordingly...few tablets and injection to slow down the vomiting and diarrhea. No cost to us. On our last night my husband had very little sleep and the prospect of having to get home via plane, with 3 children and a weak husband didn't excite me. I rang the Night Manager who was the first person that I came across at the hotel that was rude, curt, and unsympathetic to my situation. If I rang and blatantly yelled down the phone and blamed him for my husband food poisoning I would understand the defensive nature but all I was looking at is options i.e. a very late check out so my husband could try and recuperate. However once the night receptionist located him, he refused to give his name or position, (just what proper telephone editcit would call for in a man of his position). The telephone call was disappointing as he was treating me if I was bothering his social life...as he continued to conduct another conversation with another person while I tried to explain my predicament, and then he started to talk about taking samples! Hey back up! I'm just looking for an easy transition from what has been a wonderful holiday to getting home. He granted me a late check out, but it seemed that he didn't pass on the message to the reception desk. I would have liked to have spoken to the Director of Rooms or Guest Relation Manager but I simply had my hands full with packing and keeping the children happy.
Our main aim for this holiday was to celebrate our daughters 6th Birthday at Wild Wadi, so going out to 'shop until you dropped' wasn't our plan but by the time we unpacked the midday sun was strong so we decided on going to the Mall of Emirates (400 shops from Harvey Nichols to your exclusive D&G and of course the Indoor Skiing) This is when we notice that the Hotel was positioned in a good location. As we had already experienced the Dubai traffic on our previous trips we decided to stay away from Diera, Dubai's City's Centre and explore what was close by, the new Gold and Diamond souq and the Mall of Emirates. The Hotel offers shuttle buses to the Gold and Diamond souq and the mall of Emirates - they go every hour. If the times don't suit you can also take a taxi - 11.50 Dh one way to the Mall of the Emirates or 10Dh to the G&D souq. Very affordable. One evening we decided to revisit the Souq Jumierah Madinat's indoor Souq that is attached to Jumierah Madinat. I think it is getting better. As long as it doesn't put in Mango or Next Store this place will retains its old Arabic charm that you don't see in any other Dubai Mall. This place has been build to reflect the Arabic heritage with its winding lanes that houses designers boutiques i.e. sparkling sequined thongs (flip flops or jingles to you New Zealanders), art galleries, Middle Eastern arts and crafts, beach fashion, i.e.Vilebrequin...love love this range of swim wear! carpets, fine jewellery, and Dr Taffi products. Depending on your company, re: children or adults, the place has waterfront restaurants and bars serving international cuisine or light snacks. There must be over 40 eating places in this area...even the spa has (correct me if I'm wrong) 4 restaurants! If you are an Australian 'Dome' coffee has it's own store inside the souq. There is also a Theatre inside the souq. May I suggest taking a shuttle bus there and then an abra (boats that putt quietly around the man made canals within Jumeirah Madinat hotel - this mode of transport is only offered to those who are staying at any of the three resorts) and buggy back...seeing the Burj al Arab at night lit up in different colours is wonderful, my girls loved to guess the next colour!
Wild Wadi - was the real reason why we were there, it was fantastic! If you are staying at any of the 3 hotels you get in for free and 1 hour earlier than the general public and you can come and go as many times as you like. We had our complimentary beach bag, sun cream and Blistex from the room, towels were given to you as you entered, no need for money as you can either credit everything back to your room except for the real coconut milk drink, or if you want to control you expenditure place money on your wrist band as you are entering the water park and credit everything off your wrist band. Other than rides there are also food, drinks and a collection of retail shops, and photos shop. No need to take a camera as there are photographers that walk around and take photos that you can later buy . They keep the photos for 3 days before deleting them. Cost: 60 dh for the first 6x8 photo ordered then a discounted price for any after that. I did notice they always tried to get the Burj in the background or the modern facade of the Jurierah Beach resort...a bit of advertising when you go home to show off the pictures. Wild Wadi is a waterpark that has rides and slides that range from relaxing to just plain scary! Just a hint, if your child is under 110cm tall they may miss out on a few rides but there is still things they can enjoy especially the 'Kids Fun Park designed for families with small children. It's got a giant splashing bucket, slides, water guns and water games. Other activities there was Jumeirah Sceirah where you plunge an incredible 27m apparently hitting a top speed of over 80kph along the way...my fearless 8yr old daughter loved it and went back for more! Family Master Blaster is a ride for the family where you jump into a big ring where high powdered water jets take you up on a roller coaster ride...I saw families take baby babies up on this ride. For those teenagers or surfers, there is Wipeout and Riptide. This is good for body boarding, knee boarding, or surfing...be aware that this is popular so there is a line up and lots of people watching! The Wave Pool is the place we saw the life guards at there busiest! We were most impress at there attentativeness and response. To give an example, the Wave Pool horn went off so everyone knew that the pool was going to change from a calm pool to the sea where the pool creates a variety of wave patterns. Most people were sensible and put on their life jackets but even they don't prepare you for what lies ahead. A mother and child where half way out, child begins to cry, whistle number 1 from the life guard and he tells her to go back, mother herself realizes she is out of her depth and begins to panic, whistle number 2, by this stage the attention of the other life guards around has taken notice of the situation as the mother was now being helped by other family members that was making the situation worst, whistle number 3, a life guard from the shore, dived in a saved the mother and child. To this day I get tingles thinking about it. On our first visit their response was much quicker. Another mother and child, this time with out life jackets suddenly found themselves out of their depth whistle was blown 3 times simultaneously and the life guard was diving in from the side. The whole theme park is crawling with life guards. At times I thought it was excessive, but when you are a mother of three it is difficult to keep an eye on all three so I had a sense of security that someone was looking out for them. Also I have to congratulate all the staff at Wild Wadi. In that heat - 41 degrees, 80% humidity they remained attentative, hospitalable, and very friendly...how many times did I hear people ask: Where are you from? How long have you worked here? Have you saved anyone? Blah blah....
Other than the horrible Night Duty Manager the place was perfect.
So between the 3 resorts there is always something to do...even a running track, not that I tried that out!
EKKKK too much information I can hear you say!

• Liked — size of rooms, the litte extra's in the bathroom, didn't have to leave the resort, everyone smiling
  • Disliked — The Night Manager on Duty
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
21 Thank a_handful
Warwickshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2007

A big hotel with big style and lots of people, Service was very good, prompt and polite and the staff friendly, all are instructed to say hello to you before you do to them and it works! We ate in several different restaurants and found all of them to offer good quality food albeit on the expensive side. The common areas are on the small side compared with the overall scale of the hotel which can make things feel a bit crammped at busy times but the hotel is on a large enough plot to escape when you want to.

The room was very spacious with a large seating area, huge bathroom and all the comforts you need in the way of toiletries, towels etc. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've stayed in in a hotel. Opening the curtains in the morning to reveal the view of the Burj hotel opposite was amazing.

Plenty of swimming pools and seating areas although I would comment that there werent enough sun shades for those of us who like to hide away in the big heat and dont want to reserve sunbeds early in the day!

My favourite touch was each night during the turndown service the staff made an animal out of towels and placed it on the bed,

I would return if I was looking for a big resort style hotel.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank NixM
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2007

This hotel is amazing. We stayed in the hotel for 11 nights in a suite before moving on to the Burj Al Arab.
The suite was huge and the balcony was outstanding with views of the water park and the ocean.
The staff could not be any more helpful - they are friendly and will do anything to make the guest happy.
The Club Executive lounge and facilities were a nice touch and the executive pool is in a nice area with excellent staff.
The Villa Beach Resturant is the best resturant I have ever been to. The food and the service were out of this world and when we return we will definately eat there again.
The whole hotel is perfectly designed and presented.
Overall the best holiday I have ever had!

• Liked — The suite and the Executive Club
  • Disliked — Nothing to fault
  • Stayed August 2006
9 Thank MPH_31
Nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2007

We've been fortunate enough to stay in a number of 5-star hotels around the world and the JBH ranks as the very best. The location is spectacular, the hotel, pools & beaches are immaculately clean. The staff are extremely courteous and friendly. It's certainly not cheap but you definately get what you pay for & I would thoroughly recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank cmpNottingham
Hagley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2007

I stayed at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel for 5 nights at the end of April with my auntie and my mum - what an experience. I know that it was very expensive to stay there but it was the trip of a lifetime. Breakfasting on the beach at Beachcombers looking out over the Burj, swimming in the sea that was so clear and so warm, lying on the "fatboy" beanbags at the waters edge watching the sunset, that warm sun on your skin. They brought you ice lollies, cold flannels and cucumber on the beach but the best bit was when they came round with the ice water sprayers to cool you off. The rooms were luxurious and every night our beds were turned down and a towel animal was there for us on our return and a chocolate on our pillow. I could go on and on. Every day was just a new experience for me and there were lots we didn't do. Wild Wadi looked fab and I know that my son would have enjoyed that, so I'm planning my next trip - I know it will be worth it!!!!

• Liked — The sheer luxury
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family