“Holiday of a lifetime!”

Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Ranked #70 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed November 20, 2009

We had booked this hotel for part of our honeymoon and began to wonder if we had done the right thing after reading the reviews on here. We had spoken to friends who have always had a fantastic time at this hotel so stuck with it. I am so glad we did. This was the most amazing hotel i have ever stayed in. We arrived at 8am, check in wasn't until 2pm, but they showed us straight to our room after a glass of orange juice. We spent the day by the pool and on the beach - Out of this world!!! From the service at the pool, free ice lollies to cool you down, change of towels everytime you got it, was superb. When we returned to our room we were given a cake, chocolates and a bottle of wine (Comlimentry as we were on honeymoon). Each morning our bed was made and chocolates were left on our pillows. The bar staff were fantastic. Happy Hour is a must! Drinks and food were reasonably priced, food quality was fantastic. The view from our room was just amazing. We are already looking at going back to this hotel next year.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I was really pleased to read your comments about the service throughout your stay. We are pleased to note that you enjoyed the experience from arrival at the hotel right through your stay.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you again at Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Reviewed November 19, 2009

Went to JBH for second time. After an almost 2 hour wait in room last time for extra child beds they had promised would be ready (at 2am), we had our travel agent e-mail in advance to ensure they'd be ready, and they replied to say they would be. We arrived and beds weren't ready. Although, that was actually just as well, because the balcony room they took us into smelt very damp. I wouldn't accept that in a Travelodge so I was not very happy. Luckily a similar room was available 5 doors down. Then the beds arrived. Although there was no issue in moving us, I can't believe that the first room passed approval from the supervisor. It was so smelly. When the man from reception rang to ask if everything was finally ok, I said it was. He then proceeded to 'explain' that the reason the beds were not ready was because they didn't know whether we would require smoking or non-smoking rooms!! I asked him why this wasn't mentioned on the e-mail I received stating everyhing would be ready? He said that he wasn't responsible for that as he didn't send the e-mail!! It was not the attitude one expects from this sort of hotel. What made his excuse more pathetic was that I was not even asked whether I wanted a smoking or non-smoking room when we checked in!! What a shambles. Again.

Anyway, despite this, we did have a good time. The rooms are big and it is nice to have a balcony. Spent most of our time around the children's pool and on the beach. We stayed on a half-board basis and for our first full night this extended to other restaurants (other than Latitudes and Beachcombers) so we tried La Carnevale. This was really nice but the service was so slow and we were the first customers in that evening. We had opted not to leave 2500 dirhams with reception (to have an account) due to our aforementioned experiences so we paid cash for everything (which caused confusion each time we ordered anything). When I paid in the restaurant (for the extras ) I only got half the change due. I had to call him back twice to get it right. Very bizarre.

Went to Wild Wadi, but our children's favourite ride (summit surge) was closed for the duration for refurbishment. However, they loved the wave machine and spent most of our time there in that.

Went to the pool bar on our last evening but they couldn't fathom out how to account for the two drinks I ordered at a table, along with the two drinks ordered by my husband and daughter, who were in the water.

The weather was lovely as expected, and I don't think I could tire of looking at the JBH and the Burj.

The kids club was fine and very cool after a morning in the sun. My 6 year old did the wall climbing but could only boulder, due to her age, but she enjoyed it. Went in the training pool which always had a free lane.

Went on a desert safari with Arabian Adventures which was really good. Finally did a camel ride.

Overall, we had a lovely time but the attitude of some staff was a bit annoying. Not sure if we will return next year. May try something different.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Clareabel

Dear Guest,

I would like to apologise for your experience on arrival with the changing of the rooms and with the colleague while you were in the process of getting your room changed. I would like to request you to treat this as isolated incident which does not represent the service at our hotel.

I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We continue to train and develop our colleagues in service delivery and your feedback is valuable to us.

Reviewed November 16, 2009

We stayed at this hotel in April 08 and April 09. Both times it was a three day stopover to Mauriitus. I totally recommend this for a hoiday or stopover. This hotel is amazing. Everything you need is within the hotel with the bonus of the two sister hotels within reach. The food and service is outstanding. The rooms are lovely, gorgeous comfy beds and the best pillows ever. If you do want to go out, there is a courtesy bus to the Madinet, shopping Mall and Diamond center or taxis are really cheap The Jumeriah is very close to the airport so ideal for a short break . The only decision you will need to make is which one of the restaurants to use!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2009

Dear Guest,

I was really pleased to read your comments about the service throughout your stay. We are pleased to note that you found our beds and pillows comfortable and to your liking.

Reviewed November 16, 2009

JBH used to be a landmark resort, in terms of location, facilities and service. Now with the opening of new luxury resorts in Dubai, the JBH starts showing signs of decay. Its location is still the best you can get in Dubai, but facilities (pool area, lobby, rooms) are now really becoming outdated. I stayed here two years ago and did notice a touch of shabiness in the public areas and hotel rooms, and was surprised that this time I found all in the same condition. Biggest surprise was that the once perfect and smooth organization of this hotel seems to have dissapeared. I found long queus at check in and out, there were problems with the account, and - worst - when we arrived at 3:30 pm none of the three rooms we reserved were ready. Only around 6 we could enter our rooms. Given the nightly rate at JBH I find this a serious issue. Although the hotel still has my sympathy, I think it is worthwile considering one of the newer resort options in Dubai.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank gaspargonzalez

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor and sharing your experience with other travelers.

I would like to apologise for the delay you faced while checking into the hotel. We do face some challenges when the hotel is fully occupied and I would like to assure you that we are working on improving this process so that it does not affect guests who are arriving to check in.

We are constantly reinvesting in different areas within the hotel and are currently in the process of planning a refurbishment of the hotel.

Reviewed November 9, 2009

take lots of suntan lotion with sunhat, gets very hot. otherwise a must holiday to be at the Jumeirah beach hotel

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank atyia

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor and sharing your experience with the staff making you feel extra special and also the good advise on carrying lots of suntan lotion and a hat.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Reviewed November 7, 2009

Can I just start by saying I have never written a review after a holiday before, but so pleased with our experience to the JBH, I felt compelled to!!

My girlfriend and I stayed at the JBH from 26.10.2009 for 5 nights and really really enjoyed our stay. So much so that we are hopefully coming back next year!!! Just for those reading this we are 30 and 31 yrs old and go on two/three holidays per year and are just normal people!!

Everything about the holiday was fantastic from the service at the front desk, the beach and sea, the view and standard of our room (2116) and the food in the vast choice of restaurants. The young girl (sorry I didn't get her name) on concierge was excellent. Her knowledge and pleasant attitude was a real breath of fresh air. As too was the lady who worked tirelessly on reception on our arrival, and a special mention to the lady in the bar area of the dhow and anchor. All brilliant at their jobs. We even got a personal escort to our room and an explanation on how things work in the room (it was 3am!!)

Even on arrival we were quicky given a welcome drink (we have had this before in other hotels, but still think this is a nice touch), and after asking were given the opportunity of a higher room with a better view. Although the room was a smoking room, the room didn't smell at all and the view was, well awesome. You really do feel like a celebrity in this hotel. They even gave us the chance to sleep in the room and if we didn't like it then we could chnge the following day. I had read reviews that the reception desk weren't that helpful, but all I can say is maybe they favour the polite people!!

Nothing is too much trouble for the staff at the hotel either, all of them having a smile on their face constantly and more importantly, genuinely. If you are after a holiday with style and class this is the place. I am far from a snob, but it has to be said that the class of people sometimes lets a holiday down, but not this time.

We have been fortunate enough to experience holidays all over the world including Dubai before, but this holiday surpassed even our expectations. After constantly being let down by holidays we had paid a lot of money for in the past, we have finally found somewhere that is just perfect. Keep up the good work!!

The attention to detail this hotel has over its rivals is incredible. Constantly being cleaned and anything dropped on the floor quickly hoovered up by one of the ever willing and friendly staff members. Yes, there may be bigger, better hotels being built but for us this hotel couldn't be faulted. 10/10.

Although we ended up going during the UK half term week ,and the prices naturally go a lot higher, we feel that this holiday was well worth paying that little bit extra for. It doesn't come cheap though so be warned!!! A lobster pitta (x2) with onion rings, a beer, and a watermelon juice on the beach for lunch was about £50. But in my opinion well worth it!!!

The beach and sea are both superb. Plenty of sun loungers and fresh towels. Staff going around offering free ice lollies and the chance for food and drink to be brought to you. The sea is crystal clear with plenty of fish swimming by your feet and all in the setting of the Burj and of course 35 degrees heat!! The Wild Wadi free access makes it worth a visit too. With it so close to the hotel it is a must go, even for those not into those types of things!! Life is for living and the memories you get along the way.

Before going, my girlfriend and I had planned a riverboat cruise and to do plenty of shopping at the malls, however these both fell by the wayside as we just couldn't bear leaving this wonderful hotel. Maybe next year when we return we will get round to doing this!!

Overall - Brilliant setting, brilliant staff, brilliant place!! Albeit a little expensive for food and drink.

Tips:
1.) Get taxis to wherever you are going - they are dirt cheap. No point in waiting for the free hotel bus. They stop at other hotels and take ages.
2.) Madinat is close by and offers a choice of cheaper food and drink if that's what you are after. The hotel offer a free golf buggy to get there. Stop for a romantic photo shot at sun set by the Burj. Just offer the driver a tip and he will stop and take it for you!!
3.) Check out the right hand lift at nighttime. Brilliant views. Kids love it.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Bryan1979

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on your recent stay wih us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel. I am pleased to note that this was your first online review and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would like to thank you for complimenting my colleagues on their work in ensuring you had a memorable stay and that you found the services, the beach and the food and beverage offering that we have to your liking.

Reviewed October 29, 2009

Greatest asset is the fantastic beach for swimming in the shadow of the Burj Hotel. This hotel is a little dated and lacks character compared to its newer neighbours but the price is lower. Good restaurant. Beds are too soft - need to replace mattresses. Gave us key to an occupied room when we checked in - there were people sleeping inside when we opened the door! Overall good value.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank phdtravel
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2009

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to note that you enjoyed the beach at the hotel and that you were happy with the selection of restaurants in the hotel.

We have investigated the feedback you provided and I would like to assure you that the colleague who attended to your check-in has been provided with additional training to prevent such an experience from ever recurring. Furthermore, the description of your experience has been shared with all colleagues in effort to ensure for our continual improvement.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor and for allowing us the opportunity to prevent any such shortfalls in the future. I would be grateful if you could allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in our services and I look forward to the possibility of personally welcoming you back to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.