“Best Holiday Ever !!!!”

Ranked #56 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
wales
“Best Holiday Ever !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2009

We took our 2 children aged 11 and 6 to Dubai after visiting 2 years before. We stayed in the premium leisure rooms on the 13th floor overlooking the Burj. Brilliant executive pool, always beds and huge umbrellas.(Make sure you take pool shoes as walking only a couple of yards will burn your feet).
Free entrance to Wild Wadi which we used every morning for 2 hours before the main crowd arrived. Always used the buggies for transportation as far too hot to walk.
Executive Club was well worth extra money as not only seperate pool but also sandwiches and soft drinks supplied throughout the day and 2 hours free alcohol in the evening.
We ate at Go West (Great for Kids.Make sure you book a table that looks like an old cowboy wagon). Good entertainment and not badly priced. Also ate at the Meat Company , lovely food but a bit more expensive.
Hotel is close to shopping malls, Gold souk , Ski Dubai etc for a good tour around Dubai use local taxi's as very cheap. We were lucky enough to stay at the Burj on our last visit, stunning rooms and service but less famiily friendly. Our 2 children absolutely loved every second and begged to go back this year. We booked to go to Turkey but cancelled after finding a great deal on the Virgin website, so Dubai here we come. Staying at The One and Only Royal Mirage, it's got alot to beat but we will let you know how good it was when we return.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank ASHY58

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,134)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Essex, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2009

What more can I say than I loved this hotel! We stayed half board and the food was fantastic. Also upgraded rooms which meant we had private check in on the 14th floor (i think it was that one, can't really remember!) and free drinks in the lounge throughout our stay. All rooms are seaview which is great to wake up to every morning. Staff can not do enough for you, and when I say that, I mean they even spray you with ice cold water to cool you down so that you don't have the stress of getting up to go to the pool.
Rooms are beautiful, we stayed in a club executive room type, and I'm not 100% sure if this is bigger than a standard room, but it was massive! As was the bathroom which I was very surprised about. In the bathrooms there is a huge walk in shower, bath that is again huge, WC and bidet. Rooms cleaned everyday, different treat left on our pillows every night. All in all, I loved this hotel, and Dubai in general, and would return tomorrow!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank nicola86
Al Muharraq, Bahrain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2009

I arrived to the hotel at night and there were 3 mix ups that almost ruined my experience:

1. Being a citizen of Bahrain we enter Dubai/UAE by our ID card (hotel staff and manager were unaware of this fact!!!) and the hotel insisted on having my passport which I didn't bring with me. After arguing with the duty manager, they managed to check me in. [My advise: Bring your passport with you if you enter the country by ID only]

2. While checking me in, they found that there was a confusion regarding my dates of stay which they sorted our with Expedia, and kept me waiting for long! [My advise: Book directly with the hotel]

3. After I was checked in, dropped my bag at my room, then went out for dinner outside the hotel. When I came back I was surprised to see that my room was taken by another guest !!!!!!!!!!! I went down to the reception and they told me that I was not checked in because of system mistake !!!!!!! They said they were sorry, upgraded my room (and gave me free breakfast and internet connection), I was really tired and didn't have time to argue, so I just went to bed.

On the other hand, the hotel was very nice. I tried the Go West restaurant and it had very nice beef fajitas. Also the Anchor pub was nice with nice shrimp skewers dish. The breakfast buffet was amazing 100 dishes to choose from!! Excellent beach and had really good time at the nearby Wild Wadi water park.

General Tip:
- Ask for a room near the elevators (its along walk if your room is at the end of the corridor)
- Sometimes it gets really crowded at the entrance, so if you have valet parked your car, call them 10 mins before you get down.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank hamoodi81
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2009

Where can I start, we went to Dubai foa a week in Feb to get some sun during our winter, we knew it had a good reputation so our expectations were already quite high, all I can say is they were all met.

The service was excellent, I can probably say the best I have experienced anywhere.
The room we had was a club executive, which gives you acces to the executive lounge and the executive pool. Both are worth while, the lounge provides snacks and drinks all day and there is a happy hour from 5pm till 7pm when they serve alcohol (complimentary) This is good for a few drinks before going out for an evening meal.
On a few occasions we popped back into the lounge after our meal (11pm) and the barman continued to pour us some free drinks.
Breakfast in the room was also available and once we discovered this we used the service most days, it was very good.

There are some expensive restaurants in the hotel/area but there are also some reasonably priced ones, towards the end of our week we learned of the better places.

All the staff in the Hotel were excellent they made an effort to remember your name and they never complained, they always looked happy and said hello.
The golf buggies are a nice touch for getting around especially in the evening when you don't want to be walking everywhere.
The hotel provides free access to the adjacent water park too which was a great day out.

Overall we loved the place....So much so we have booked to go again and will be visiting the same place 1st week in June.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jakietat
fylde
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2009

We stayed here for 4 days -and it was money well spent. The hotel facilities were great -nothing too much trouble for the staff. We arrived late night but were soon taken to our room. We only stayed in the standard room but this was huge- everything you could want- fabulous view of the beach and Burji.
We bought some alcohol at the airport prior to entering so we could enjoy pre-dinner drinks in our room- they bring ice at turn down service.
The food was amazing -the buffet has something for everyone- the Thursday fish night being the best.We stayed half board definitely worth considering in view of the prices.Loved the place would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank twinkle6
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2009

My family spent one night at the property in late March. The styling of the hotel is unlimited budget but not unlimited taste. The rooms were huge and faced the water (although one of ours had a partially obstructed view from a piece of siding on the structure). Everything was oversized and all tastes are catered to (personally I would prefer not to have cigarettes on sale in children's bedrooms but the complimentary sunscreen is a nice touch). The hotel has great facilities including tennis, squash and entrance to Wild Wadi waterpark which was a big hit. We also enjoyed visiting the Burj next door if only to wonder who can afford the prices in today's market- Russians it would seem. One night gives one a good taste of Dubai but I am not sure I would want to stay there for more than a stop over.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank frequentflyerLondon
Istanbul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

This was our first visit to Dubai, and we can absolutely say that we did enjoy a real 5 star hotel. All the rooms have great ocean views (seeing burj whenever you're looking out of the room). The staff was really friendly and the food was just perfect. Breakfast was well-served and everything from sushi to camel milk was savory :)
Wild wadi was great fun and since one has free access to it as long as he's staying at the hotel, I enjoyed it to the max. While having fun at the beautiful sandy beach and wild wadi during the day, you can enjoy the nightlife in its clubs, especially the famous one called 360.
I hope I'll be returning soon...

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business