“Fabulous!”

Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Ranked #56 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed here Sept 2013 for a week...and everything is great!

The first thing that hits you on entering your rooms are magnificent views onto the beach and of Burj-Al-Arab. Absolutely stunning. The rooms are very spacious....beds huge and a lounge seating area too.

Staff are friendly and efficient from the moment you get there. We were celebrating our wedding and received a complimentary bottle of champagne and cake in our room, which was very sweet. The rooms are serviced daily and to great standards. More than sufficient complimentary bottled water is provided in rooms. We booked an all inclusive deal, and the best bit is you are given vouchers for your meals, which you can choose to use at any time. So not like other hotels, where you have to be back at the hotel in time for dinner etc.....and the vouchers can be used at any of the Jumeirah hotels. We ended up trying out some of the restaurants in neighbouring hotels too. The hotel offers a shuttle service to these too, so no sweaty walks needed just before meals!

You are able to use Wild Wadi from this hotel and they have special extended visit times for hotel guests which is great, so you can get in before the crowds. There is a bar/club at the end of the pier...definitely visit....lovely atmosphere, and great to just relax and chill in the evening with the sea breeze going by. We booked a meal at the Burj too. Was nice, and views were fantastic...but prices are very expensive! I would recommend if visiting the Burj, don't have to pay out for the expensive lunch/dinner...go to the bar instead, more reasonably priced and get great views.

Food at Jumeirah was excellent and the choose was absolutely fantastic esp at the buffet restaurant. We ate there several times, and was perfect as provided great choice for our tastes...my husband eats meat and I'm vegetarian.

People often say that a week is too much in Dubai, but we found it too short...there is just too much to do, especially if you do want to spent a few days just relaxing at your own hotel.

Other things to do in Dubai:
-Desert safari.....very well done....definitely recommend
-The Mall....Emirates Mall & Dubai Mall...shopping, shopping, shopping!!
-Going up the Khalif tower and watching the fountain display from above
-In door skiing
-Gold souks...shopping, shopping, shopping!!
-Meena bazaar...indian traditional shopping and restaurants
-Use the gondal ride within the hotel and go visit the neighbouring hotels and shops/ restaurants
-Bus tour of the city, so can see all the sites
-Boat trip down the river

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank t112p
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that every aspect of your experience at Jumeirah Beach Hotel was excellent. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort. Your kind comment about our colleagues is highly appreciated. I have shared your comment with the entire team and they are equally happy to hear that you had a brilliant holiday with us.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Mahmoud Sakr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,134)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Wow what can I say about this hotel apart from one of the very best I have ever stayed at. Stopped of a short break on the way to Mauritius and wish we had taken the complete vacation here. from the minute you enter the hotel you are treated like royalty. The sumptious rooms have the very best quality beds and furnitire and have have huge panoramic windows that overlook e gulf and of course the Burj next door. It was my. Wife's birthday and they delivered a chilled bottle of prosecco and a delicious chocolate cake which was a great touch. Food was fabulous and quite reasonable for the quality. For lunch we had a simple king prawn dish at the beachside restaurant and they were the tastiest prawns we had ever eaten. You must visit the Uptown Bar on the 24th floor for fabulous views across the city and a glass of Moët, it really makes the moment. All in all a fabulous hotel with fabulous service and great food. We will be returning.

Room Tip: Visit the Uptown Bar on the 24th floor for great views and great moments whilst in Dubai.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank paulwacca
Dear Guest,

Our “Stay Different” promise is to create luxury environments where our guests can enjoy unique and memorable experiences and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort.

I am also happy to read that we became the scenery on your Wife’s birthday. I wish her a happy belated birthday and wish her all the happiness throughout the year. Thank you for celebrating this important occasion of her life with us here at Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Spacious rooms, well equipped but what really makes this hotel is the staff. Incredibly friendly and efficient. And the location, on a beautiful beach and close to wild wadi which is included with staying at the hotel and is a fun day out.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Megan S
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

Herts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Jeremiah and all I can say was the service was at another level, fantastic!

The food was fab, so much choice and the staff were incredible, special thanks to the chief on the Sushi bar, a credit to the hotel, well done to you all!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that every aspect of your experience was excellent. Your kind comment about our colleagues is highly appreciated. I have shared your comment with our colleagues and they are very happy to hear that their efforts has been recognized by our guests and you had a brilliant holiday with us.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Excellent Hotel for relaxing , enjoying the facilities and wonderful restaurants with a variety of the best food in Dubai, what a experience beautiful beaches with clear blue sea ,waited on all the time
with sunbeds, food, drink and plenty of sun, there are numerous swimming pools with pool bars and all of the staff through out the hotel are accommodating, pleasant and they make sure that any requirements you need they will arrange it for you ,I have been visiting The Jumeirah Beach Hotel for ten years or more and the service has always been of the highest standard.

Room Tip: they all face the sea
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank noela699
Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you for your continued patronage to Jumeirah Beach Hotel. I am delighted to read that you had another great stay at Jumeirah Beach Hotel and were overall happy with the services and facilities provided at the resort. Your kind comment about our colleagues is highly appreciated. I have shared your comment with the entire team and they are equally happy to hear that you had a brilliant holiday with us.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the JBH for a weekend to celebrate my anniversary.

I first came across the Jumeirah chain through their excellent pavillion dive center and a few years later through their La Parilla & Segreto restaurants. All 3 places were ozzing service, hospitality, perfection of execution and luxury beyond description. I chose JBH seeking those exact qualities but was a bit let down.

Let me get the pros out of the way:
1- large room with balcony and superb views of Burj and marina
2- room and bathroom finishing very nice and shows that a lot of thought went into material selection
3- digital "smart" control of everything from lighting to drapes from the bedside
4- amazing "total" experience as you have access to all Jumeirah's properties and restaurants and pools through golf carts. You can not leave the premises for 4 or 5 days and have everything you need.
5- relaxing pool, gardens and views
6- quality of sleep was amazing thanks to quiet room, comfortable bed and great climate control.
7- lovely breakfast at Beach combers and even better at Latitude. The hostess showed us our table then took us for a tour of the buffet.

With all of the above, I still could not give the hotel 5 stars as I was let down by a few things.
1- the check in process was too "casual" for a property of this caliber. Despite being a Sirius member it took a bit to find my reservation on file. I was not given the warm welcome I am used to get from IHG or SPG chain hotels as a member of their respective loyalty programs.

2- the room despite being recently renovated, lacked a bit of luxury.

3- the service by the hotel staff in general was very variable. Some were very helpful, cheerfull and welcoming while a couple were downright arrogant. I returned to the hotel at 3 am in the morning and there was a security person at the elevators who asked for my room number, room occupancy and asked to see my room key. It was certainly rude. One of the waiters at the buffet breakfast refused to help my wife with a glass of water and told her that she can get it herself from the buffet. Very disappointing. Lastly, I was called by name just once. I really appreciate a personal service where the concierge or operator mentions my name when answering my call.

4- Valet service never managed to have my car ready at the door despite calling 5-10 minutes in advance.

4- Value. You can get better service at other properties in Dubai such as The Palace & Intercontinental for a significantly lower price.

This was my reviw of JBH. A very good hotel that could be excellent with more staff training in hospitality and customer care and more competitive prices. I would not mind coming back again but I will look elsewhere first.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maher A
Dear Guest,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for taking the time to detail your feedback following your recent stay at Jumeirah Beach Hotel. As a company, we greatly value both positive and negative feedback that we receive from our guests as we constantly strive to maintain the highest standard of service, I was therefore concerned to understand that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. I have noted all your comments and passed on to the management team to look into in and taking corrective action where required so that we exceed your expectations in near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

This hotel is the best hotel in the world without doubt. We visited Jumeirah Beach Hotel for the second year running and have had the most wonderful stay. It is very rare that i am speechless, but, the service we received last week during our stay was incredible. Nothing in this hotel is left to chance, attention to detail is sublime. if you are unsure whether to treat yourself to some time in the sun do it Dubai is great but this hotel will make your stay unforgettable. We were all very sad to leave the kind staff there who helped in any way they could to make the stay perfect. The hotels main restaurant Latitude is out of this world. Selection and quality was great. Jugdish the chef from India is such a nice chap, nothing is too much of a problem. Front of house team to name but a few Anis & Manny superb leadership and Sandeev is just the best waiter going, the kids loved him. Down at La Veranda restaurant by the marina beach you will get superb service from Nathan & Usthman. its guys like these that make this hotel and Dubai what it is today, without them they are just shiny lumps of glass and metal growing out of the sand. Thank you so much and see you next year for sure

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Patrick D
Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you for your continued patronage to Jumeirah Beach Hotel, and I am pleased to read that you had another wonderful stay with us. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort.

As they say, a place is because of its people and so is Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Your kind comment about our colleagues is highly appreciated. I have shared your comment with our colleagues Jagdish, Sandeev, Nathan, Usman, Manny and Anis and they are very happy to hear that their efforts has been recognized by our guests and you had an another brilliant holiday with us.