“Excellent service in a perfect location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Ranked #51 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
hertfordshire
“Excellent service in a perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here as a party of seven, our stay was perfect from the complimentary airport pick up to the airport drop off. We were welcomed at the airport by 2 SUV's and offered water and cold scented towels. Our kids (all over 18) loved the in car wifi and the offer of iPads by the drivers.
We were taken straight to the exec lounge on arrival and given breakfast and drinks, our rooms were not ready but we expected this as we were so early and it was the weekend. The amenities available made it easy for us to use the pools etc while we waited for our rooms and they were well worth waiting for. I don't understand the comments regarding the non refurbished rooms, ours was clean, large and well decorated on the 17th, 16th and 9th floors, all with unbeatable views. Our 3rd room was a triple room and the only minor fault for the Whole stay was that the extra bed was just that - a "z" bed, but the mattress was comfortable and our kids had no complaints.
The staff at the hotel are a credit and the management should be really proud, especially those in the exec lounge who made us feel like royalty.
The buggy service is excellent, as are the well equipped gym and sports facilities.
Tip- book the executive rooms with access to the lounge where complimentary drinks are served all day, as well as afternoon tea and happy hour - all complimentary and in a lovely claiming setting. You also get to use the executive pool which is quieter and you never have a problem getting sunbeds and the airport runs are complimentary too.
The latitude is the best buffet we have ever had, we also ate at beachcombers, where there is a resident band who will sing your requests at your table and they have lovely voices - no package holiday entertainers here!
I recommend carnevale on the first floor, excellent food and if you're on half board package there is no additional cost. La Parilla do a really good Argentinian tenderloin.
All in all the best Dubai hotel we have stayed in so far, because of the services and activities provided, great location and attentive staff who treat you like royalty!
Make sure you do a yellow boat tour - good value and an excellent view of Dubai.
Visit the gold souk, dubai mall and aquarium, but make sure you always pay in dirhams when using your cards, as the rates are really high when they convert to your home currency in fact the jewellers I bought in added an extra £15 to my purchase by converting to £'s without my authority!
Use taxis where you can, as the hotel transport is 7 times the cost ie: taxi to the Dubai mall is 50 AED and the hotel car is 300 AED
I highly recommend this hotel especially for families and couples.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort. Your kind comment about our colleagues is highly appreciated. Positive reviews like yours always serve as an added motivation to the entire team to maintain the highest level of service at all the times to all our guests.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Mahmoud Sakr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,123)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
dubai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

My experience of afternoon tea at Jumeirah Beach hotel was quite disappointing. The quality of sandwiches was below average, tea was lukewarm when it's arrived. Compound by the fact that the waiter serving was abrupt and impolite in his manner when I checked if I could use the Jumeirah Hotel Gift Voucher.
The experience just was not as what I would expect from 5 star hotel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent visit at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Your valuable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the service Jumeirah Beach Hotel is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. I was therefore concerned to understand that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. I have noted your all your comments and passed on to the F&B team to look into the matter and taking corrective action where required so that we exceed your expectations on your next visit. In the interim, may I please request you to provide us some more details to investigate it further.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We just returned from a fabulous stay at JBH. After arriving early on a Friday morning we were led to the waiting lounge until our room was ready. I had thought that this was the 'quiet' season and was amazed to see that the hotel was full and bustling.a lot of locals had decided to take a holiday before Ramadaan and also take breaks on the weekend from the surrounding UAE countries. We waited a considerable length of time but were allocated our room after lunch. Until then The kids were kept busy at the excellent kiddies pool alongside THE BEST kids hotel club I have ever seen.... We were thrilled with the amazing room that we were finally allocated-thanks to front of house manager Meashelle - their refurbishment was beautiful. The bathrooms and rooms are both well appointed - don't bother bringing any toiletries except makeup as they even provide sunblock ! And the other toiletries are much better than the average tiny hotel sized bottles. The housekeepers did an excellent job every day - always cleaned to perfection !! The facilities at the hotel are superb!! With free entry to wild wadi - well worth it !! The pools are breathtaking and guests can use facilities of all the hotels at madinat jumeirah too. We were on a half board package which was SUPERB to say the least ... There simply was never a shortage of food. There were a multitude of resturants to choose from - note that some require an additional supplement - which is understandable. We chose to dine at a variety of places and the food was always superb. The assistance from the concierge was fabulous - Iffti was always so friendly as we're the other young ladies at the concierge. We were also assisted by Keith- the head of concierge - after a confusion regarding our pickup . That was super service - we sincerely never expected the consideration ! My kids did not want to leave and frankly neither did I -We will MOST definitely be back ... The breakfasts are legendary .Theres so much more to brag about - almost forgot the superb gym and outdoor facilities ... Wow ,!! Can't wait til our next trip !!!!

Room Tip: Breakfasts are legendary , try and go to a variety of restaurants, kids are always happy here
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Your kind comment about our colleagues Maeshell, Ifthi and Keith is highly appreciated and I am very proud that I am surrounded by these wonderful individuals who exactly know how to deliver the good quality service. Thank for acknowledging so many positive elements about the resorts from the check-in to check out. I have shared you comment with the teams and they are equally happy to hear that you had a brilliant holiday with us.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I've every been to. It has shops, a pharmacy, a massive Buffet, water sports and a water park next door. I've never been to a hotel that offers this kind of service and amenities. I would defiantly recommend this hotel to any one and I can't wait to return back when in a few years time.

See ya then ;))))

Room Tip: Try and get a room that is on one of the top floors and away from the lift.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with the services provided at the resort. It is very special to be referred as “best hotel I have ever been to”, and I would like to thank you for this wonderful compliment.

Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have just returned from our 26th visit to Jumeirah Beach Hotel and yet again thoroughly enjoyed our experience. We took our daughter and son in law and two grand daughters and had a three bed suite on the 17th floor overlooking the wild wadi, it was huge.As per usual the staff were exceptional and could not have been more welcoming, especially Patrick Fernandez, the Asst. food and beverage manager. He turns up everywhere at all times of the day and night and is the most pleasant and helpful person we have ever met. The only downside is the fact that the Burj al arab guests have been allotted 40% of the beach for approximately 100 umbrellas leaving the Executive beach with 20% and 24 umbrellas!!!!, and this is scheduled to be like this for three years. One morning my wife was stopped by a security guard and asked if she was a Burj guest as she was walking to the sea for a swim via there part of the beach. Not very impressive. However having said all this we still love it and will probably be back again in September subject to the Executive pool renovations being finished, but we do miss the sit up bar upstairs in the Premium Leisure Club which used to be a hub for meeting old and making new friends.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, it is best to stay Executive/Premium leisure for the added extras available to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your continued patronage to Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Your comment about our services and facilities is very encouraging for the entire team to maintain the highest level of service at all the times. Our constant effort at Jumeirah Beach Hotel is to create a relaxing environment and offer efficient, warm, friendly and unobtrusive service to all our guests and I am happy to hear that you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues. I have noted your comment with regards to the security colleague and passed onto the management team to look into it and taking corrective action where required so that we exceed your expectations in near future. Please accept my sincere apology for this inconvenience you have experienced.

Your kind comment about our colleague Patrick is highly appreciated. I feel very proud that I am surrounded by these talented individuals who exactly know how to deliver a good quality service to all our guests. I have shared your comment with the colleagues and they all are very happy to hear that their efforts has been recognized by our guests.

Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stopped at this hotel for the last week in June to celebrate our ten year wedding anniversary and it certainly didn't disappoint. The hotel and resort is truly stunning. All the staff were extremely attentive and nothing was too much trouble. We stopped in a renovated room on the 21st floor, it was superb, had every amenity you could think and the view was amazing! It was also advantageous to have unlimited access to Wild Wadi Waterpark, which was excellent and still holds its own against Aqua-venture at Atlantis. We were half board, and the choice and quality of the food was splendid. I have stayed in many five star hotels, but I think what made this hotel stand out from the rest, was the staff. A special mention must go to Mr Mrksic who kindly organised our room for us and a small celebration for our anniversary. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Higher floors have been renovated!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah C
Dear Guest

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. I am also delighted to read that we were the part of your Anniversary celebration. Thank you for celebrating this important occasion of your life with us. I wish you both a happy married life together. Your kind comment about our colleague Dusan is highly appreciated. I have shared your comment with him and he is very happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Was staying in JBH for 3 times over last 3 years. So it proves I like the place:

Pros:

Great location, great service, great food, excellent for families, started renovation last year, so should become better and I will definitely check it later this year, pool, kids room, beach, business centre - all very cool.

Last, but not the least, I could always get a booking for 7-9 nights during the high season while ordering last minute. The price is much higher than in majority of other places, so when all other hotels in Jumeirah are fully booked, JBH will probably have 1-2 spare rooms.

The hotel is not so big as Atlantis or other huge installations, so overall, you will get much better service.

Cons:

Will mention few, just to be complicated :)
For few times had issues with beach boys, but 10 dirhams were always helping to make new friends.
In late 2012, I noticed that hotel is getting a bit old, had a chat with the manager in the lobby and he told that they are starting renovation, so I will check in few months.

Everything is expensive: last minute booking + halfboard is always around 500+ GBP. All extras in the bars/restaurants, other services are also very expensive. Sometimes it didn't make any sense, like 10 minutes henna painting for my wife for 90 GBP :) Or coffee for the price of 2 cups in London city.
Little by little, but with food and additional "legal" services it is usually +20% of accommodation bill, so if you are ready to spend without stressing, then go without doubts as hotel is great.
If you don't like to spend on something which is clearly overpriced and will stress about it, better pick some other nice 5* hotels in Jumeirah, will be cheaper, but most probably fully booked in high season, so book in advance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you for your continued patronage to Jumeirah Beach Hotel, and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services and facilities provided at the resort. I have noted your comment with regards to the beach experience and overpricing and passed onto the management team to look into it so that we exceed your expectations in near future.