“jumeirah beach hotel yet again!”

Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Ranked #56 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Exeter, United Kingdom
“jumeirah beach hotel yet again!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have just returned from our 26th visit to Jumeirah Beach Hotel and yet again thoroughly enjoyed our experience. We took our daughter and son in law and two grand daughters and had a three bed suite on the 17th floor overlooking the wild wadi, it was huge.As per usual the staff were exceptional and could not have been more welcoming, especially Patrick Fernandez, the Asst. food and beverage manager. He turns up everywhere at all times of the day and night and is the most pleasant and helpful person we have ever met. The only downside is the fact that the Burj al arab guests have been allotted 40% of the beach for approximately 100 umbrellas leaving the Executive beach with 20% and 24 umbrellas!!!!, and this is scheduled to be like this for three years. One morning my wife was stopped by a security guard and asked if she was a Burj guest as she was walking to the sea for a swim via there part of the beach. Not very impressive. However having said all this we still love it and will probably be back again in September subject to the Executive pool renovations being finished, but we do miss the sit up bar upstairs in the Premium Leisure Club which used to be a hub for meeting old and making new friends.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, it is best to stay Executive/Premium leisure for the added extras available to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

First of all I would like to thank you for your continued patronage to Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Your comment about our services and facilities is very encouraging for the entire team to maintain the highest level of service at all the times. Our constant effort at Jumeirah Beach Hotel is to create a relaxing environment and offer efficient, warm, friendly and unobtrusive service to all our guests and I am happy to hear that you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues. I have noted your comment with regards to the security colleague and passed onto the management team to look into it and taking corrective action where required so that we exceed your expectations in near future. Please accept my sincere apology for this inconvenience you have experienced.

Your kind comment about our colleague Patrick is highly appreciated. I feel very proud that I am surrounded by these talented individuals who exactly know how to deliver a good quality service to all our guests. I have shared your comment with the colleagues and they all are very happy to hear that their efforts has been recognized by our guests.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Mahmoud Sakr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,132)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stopped at this hotel for the last week in June to celebrate our ten year wedding anniversary and it certainly didn't disappoint. The hotel and resort is truly stunning. All the staff were extremely attentive and nothing was too much trouble. We stopped in a renovated room on the 21st floor, it was superb, had every amenity you could think and the view was amazing! It was also advantageous to have unlimited access to Wild Wadi Waterpark, which was excellent and still holds its own against Aqua-venture at Atlantis. We were half board, and the choice and quality of the food was splendid. I have stayed in many five star hotels, but I think what made this hotel stand out from the rest, was the staff. A special mention must go to Mr Mrksic who kindly organised our room for us and a small celebration for our anniversary. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Higher floors have been renovated!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah C
Dear Guest

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. I am also delighted to read that we were the part of your Anniversary celebration. Thank you for celebrating this important occasion of your life with us. I wish you both a happy married life together. Your kind comment about our colleague Dusan is highly appreciated. I have shared your comment with him and he is very happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Was staying in JBH for 3 times over last 3 years. So it proves I like the place:

Pros:

Great location, great service, great food, excellent for families, started renovation last year, so should become better and I will definitely check it later this year, pool, kids room, beach, business centre - all very cool.

Last, but not the least, I could always get a booking for 7-9 nights during the high season while ordering last minute. The price is much higher than in majority of other places, so when all other hotels in Jumeirah are fully booked, JBH will probably have 1-2 spare rooms.

The hotel is not so big as Atlantis or other huge installations, so overall, you will get much better service.

Cons:

Will mention few, just to be complicated :)
For few times had issues with beach boys, but 10 dirhams were always helping to make new friends.
In late 2012, I noticed that hotel is getting a bit old, had a chat with the manager in the lobby and he told that they are starting renovation, so I will check in few months.

Everything is expensive: last minute booking + halfboard is always around 500+ GBP. All extras in the bars/restaurants, other services are also very expensive. Sometimes it didn't make any sense, like 10 minutes henna painting for my wife for 90 GBP :) Or coffee for the price of 2 cups in London city.
Little by little, but with food and additional "legal" services it is usually +20% of accommodation bill, so if you are ready to spend without stressing, then go without doubts as hotel is great.
If you don't like to spend on something which is clearly overpriced and will stress about it, better pick some other nice 5* hotels in Jumeirah, will be cheaper, but most probably fully booked in high season, so book in advance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you for your continued patronage to Jumeirah Beach Hotel, and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services and facilities provided at the resort. I have noted your comment with regards to the beach experience and overpricing and passed onto the management team to look into it so that we exceed your expectations in near future.

plymouth
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel was chosen for us to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience. Our room had the wow factor, just what we wanted. The hotel was amazing, the choice of restaurants was vast and the service was impeccable. The pool was great, a life guard brings around lemon ice-lollies periodically to cool you down, a nice touch. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a 5* holiday.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues. I am also delighted to read that we became the scenery on your silver Wedding Anniversary. I wish you both a happy married life together. Thank you for celebrating this very special occasion with us.

Ice lollies around the Pool are some of our several special touches we have developed to enhance the guest experience at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, and I am very delighted to hear that you found these gestures as impressive.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Without doubt one of our best holiday experiences - JBH takes some beating. Top of the list, the attentiveve, professional yet friendly service from every member of its team. We'd upgraded to 'Club' and so enjoyed a private check in, whilst there was an initial mix up with our rooms the staff went beyond necessary to apologise.
Every moment of our stay at Jumeirah was made to feel special, from the courtesy shown by staff to the extra 'little' touches that made the holiday. The location couldn't be better, we were on floor 7 in a balcony room with a direct view of the Burj. The half board voucher system, once you get used to it, works very well and we enjoyed beautifully cooked food. We would hop into the golf kart and eat at Pad Thai, or enjoy drinks at the Al Qasr - so much to see and do we ran out of time! Lunch by the pool was great too, and the service always spot on, well done Earl for keeping any eye on everyone! The Argentinian restaurant served the best steak we ve ever tasted and the view from the balcony simply amazing. It is some years since we ve stayed but we will certainly not leave it so long till our next visit.
The sea beats that of Mauritius, Maldives, St Lucia, Turks and Caicos in our opinion, perfect waves, so so clean and lovely and warm!

Room Tip: Try breakfast in beachcombers, earlier in the am there are less queues than Latitudes!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that our team was able to make your every moment at Jumeirah Beach Hotel very special. Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements about the resort. Your kind comment about our colleagues especially about Earl is highly appreciated. I have shared your comment with the entire team and they are equally happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.

Verwood, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

What a wonderful hotel and resort! Had a really fabulous time here, the staff cannot do enough for you and make you feel very special. I guess you get what you pay for as it's not cheap but worth every penny and would love to visit again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathi B
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Chesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Having recently written a few reviews I found myself sad that I didn't share my experience of staying at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel last year in December as it was truly an amazing holiday. My husband and I went with my mum and none of us could fault the service at this hotel. The staff seemed to really want to be there. We stayed in the older style rooms not the refurbished but still found the room of an exceptionally high standard, maybe slightly tired in a couple of areas but no more and still way above what we have often experienced in the UK. We asked to see a refurbished room and they are really special.

The beach front at this hotel is amazing and you can walk right along the beach to two more hotels and use the restaurants and explore the souk. This hotel is not overlooked or overshadowed by tall buildings and still has the real feel of Dubai that my husband and I remember from over 15 years ago.

I have read some of the little niggles some have come up with about this hotel and all I can say is they must be looking really hard. This hotel is beautiful, the service is amazing and I would return at any opportunity. Just go and enjoy!

Room Tip: If you love a balcony then go for one but do be aware it will cut down on your window size and make...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided at the resort. Thank you for the positive and thoughtful comment about our colleagues and about service. Positive feedback from patrons like you will always serve as an added motivation to the entire team to maintain the highest level of service at all the times to all our guests.