We attended a four day conference in Dubai and stayed at this hotel.
Dubai is an interesting place whose future will rely being a hub for Emirates Airlines, tourism and service industry.
The meet and greet is second to none and before checkin you are given a cool towel and welcome drink.
The checkin counter is to small, well staffed but to small. Although we arrived well after 2pm our room was not ready and would not be ready until 4pm. After a 14 hour flight and extra two hours at airport I was in need of a pillow. This was frustrating.
As this had happened to others the crowd at front counter grew and the angry faces did not create a good look for the hotel. Staff speak as many languages as you could imagine and did their best.
We were on level eight and had a balcony with an excellent view of the Arabian gulf.
Room was huge well appointed and excellent toiletries. Big fluffy towels. Bed turn down service. Great TV with satellite connections and WiFi.
All that could be expected from a first class hotel.
Lifts are slow in peak times and can be a further frustration. The lift knows it is slow because there is a recorded message tell ing you how sorry the machine is for being late. A little like Hal in 2001, I did not think the life was sincere after I had heard the message seven times.
Breakfast is available in a beach pavilion or at the hotel.
This is a treat no one should overlook. As Dubai sits between Asia and Europe every form of breakfast demand is covered. The breakfast area covers three rooms.
As a benefit of staying at the Jumeirah beach hotel you get free access to Wild Wadis water park, a must do. The hotel,has two great pools and access to the ocean. Shark nets are in place I believe.
The complex is part of a mix of newer Jumeirah hotels which are connected by free shuttle.
The other hotels have great pools also and recommend a look see.
Hotel has a hair dresser and shopping level if required.
Overall a pleasant stay, hotel is a little dated and the checkin needs to improved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel is located directly at the Arabian shores. All rooms and suites feature seaviews, the latest technology and complimentary Wi-Fi. Guests receive unlimited complimentary access to Wild Wadi Waterpark and Sinbad's Kids Club. Talise Fitness with its tennis courts, watersports, gym, climbing wall and Spa offers an exceptional leisure experience for all the family. 21 restaurants, bars and lounges are renowned for genuine, true hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jumeirah International, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Prestigia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Jumeirah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumeirah Beach Resort
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel Dubai
- Beach Dubai Hotel Jumeirah