Have just returned from my third stay at JBH and was somewhat let down by the whole experience. It was about 5 years since I stayed there and although the 5 star deluxe benchmark has certainly moved on in that time sadly this hotel hasn't. We stayed in a junior suite with large balcony facing the Burj Khalifa. I would recommend insisting on a balcony view facing the other way (toward the Burj Al Arab/ Wild Wadi ) rather than this end as you get far more time in the sun plus better views.
- general service and attitude of staff was excellent as ever room was cleaned meticulously each day.
- location is superb and pools/ poolside service particularly at the executive club pool is one of the best I've ever experienced.
- gym facilities are superb and contain all the usual technogym equipment you would expect to find.
Unfortunately there are also the cons
- complimentary transfer from the airport to the hotel which I'd arranged and also re-confirmed before arrival simply didn't bother to show up and after waiting 15mins in hope we gave up and took a taxi and our own expense.
- the junior suite with balcony is no longer up to scratch with what is expected of a 5 star deluxe hotel. Closet space was almost an afterthought and hidden away in a tiny nook of the room. The was no separate shower cubicle and shower water pressure and temperature were extremely tempremental. The in room shower facilities were in fact so bad I chose to have my evening showers in the gym facility! Again simply not good enough when you're paying these rates for a supposed 5 star hotel.
- although the room was cleaned perfectly each day the cleaners continually omitted to clean or sweep the balcony. The result of this would be that all the cigarette butts, ash etc from the bar balcony above us would simply blow down on to our balcony and never get cleaned leaving it in a disgusting state. There was throughtout our stay the mouldy remains of several rolled up cigarettes on the balcony drain which the cleaners seem to happily ignore. If the manager is reading his he'd do well to send the cleaners up to take care of this before the next guests check in and give them instructions to sweep it in future.
- the breakfast buffet at Lattitude offers great choice however the food simply isn't up to scratch. The only pre-made eggs on offer each day were a horribly runny bowl of scrambled eggs. This forces everyone to have to elect to use the egg chef which caused 20 minute queues just to get your breakfast ready. If your chefs aren't good enough to make simple scrambled eggs then there really isn't much hope of getting anything else right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel is located directly at the Arabian shores. All rooms and suites feature seaviews, the latest technology and complimentary Wi-Fi. Guests receive unlimited complimentary access to Wild Wadi Waterpark and Sinbad's Kids Club. Talise Fitness with its tennis courts, watersports, gym, climbing wall and Spa offers an exceptional leisure experience for all the family. 21 restaurants, bars and lounges are renowned for genuine, true hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Jumeirah International, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jumeirah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumeirah Beach Resort
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel Dubai
- Beach Dubai Hotel Jumeirah