“2nd visit and just as fantastic!”

Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Ranked #62 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
York, United Kingdom
“2nd visit and just as fantastic!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

One of Dubai's most iconic hotels located on a fabulous clean safe beach. The hotel, although quite large is fantastic. Staff are attentive, food is served from a great choice of restaurants (40 or more if you include the Madinat next door) and having Wild Wadi (waterpark) as part of the complex makes it a great destination for a family holiday. I can understand why many of the guests are repeat visitors.

On this visit we stayed in a newly refurbished room. Very modern, lots of space and always immaculately clean. We also opted for the premium leisure option again and made use of the airport pickup, executive pool, lounge and beach. Recommended.

We'll be back for sure!

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room, and take the PLC option.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Our newly furnished rooms are in styled with the family in mind, encompassing luxurious, modern, comfortable, beach inspired designs and I am very delighted to learn that you found them impressive.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Mahmoud Sakr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,175)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2012

it was our first stay in Jumeirah Beach Hotel, location is on the jumeirah beach , there you feel the tranquility and beauty of the place, pool is nice, beach is really huge, food was good as we tried few restaurants, itlian and villa beach
the hotel is very colorful from inside, lots of blue and red
overall we had an ok stay before heading back to another place

Room Tip: rooms away from elevators noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Just completing a fantastic Christmas holiday at Jumeirah Beach Hotel. It has been absolutely fantastic, with a gorgeous, renovated, balcony room facing the ocean; incredible service; fantastic food; and lovely facilities. The hotel is expensive but it is one of the finest luxury resorts I have stayed in for years (and we travel widely). We also visited Atlantis-Palm and Jumeirah Madinat (Al-Qasr) and Jumeirah Beach Hotel was easily the best.

The GOOD...

- Beautiful, renovated rooms with outstanding furnishings. We were upgraded to a newly renovated balcony room on the 7th floor and the views were magnificent.
- Many wonderful restaurants with the main restaurant offering a buffet containing the finest food. Getting a place wasn't difficult (even over Christmas).
- Plenty of sunloungers by the pool(s) and even more on the beach. No problem with guests "reserving" chairs
- Beach with beautiful white sand literally minutes away
- Frequent, free bus shuttles to all the other Jumeirah properties along the beach
- Wonderful lounge with piano and violin player
- Terrific guest clientele (much different to nearby Jumeirah Madinat Hotel which is crowed, loud and noisy).
- Wonderful attentive service.

The BAD...

- Beach Villa restaurant overpriced. You can get the same food in the main restaurant.
- 25th floor lounge with not admit any under 21, so if you have children/teenagers, book a table in the restaurant on the 24th floor.
- AVOID the Friday buffet at the Jumeirah Madinat Hotel (nearby). Over-crowed and often full of boozy-types seeking the free drinks.

Other Advice...

- Be prepared to be rip-offed by the Atlantis-Palm Island resort should you visit. It is absolutely packed and charges ridiculous sums for everything. Also very poor service. One visit is enough. Reminded me of an American amusement park without the American service.
- Wild Wadi is right next door and free. Visit early in the day to avoid crowds.

Room Tip: If travelling in winter, get a balcony room. Executive rooms are really not worth it. Not much on...
2 Thank expatdave77
Dear Guest

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort.

Our prime focus is to the provide efficient, warm and friendly service to all our guests and your mention about these services is very encouraging and a great pride for the entire team. I am of course most concerned to learn of your disappointment and would like to extend my sincere apologies that your experience appears to have fallen short of your expectations. We consistently strive to ensure that our service and the product remain on the highest level, please rest assured that I have noted your comment with regards to the Villa Beach Restaurant prices and will continue to work towards improving all aspects.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Just returned from Christmas at the hotel and I do think it's one of the best holidays I have ever had. It's not cheap but Dubai isn't.

Upgraded on arrival to a room on the top floor which also upgraded to half board.

Restaurants are all very good, breakfast buffet is excellent and the half-board status allows you to use the restaurants at the Madinat too, which is very good as you can eat out every night without paying for the food.

My only very small criticism would be the 360 night club is quite loud and we could hear the music in our room until it ended at 2am, it's more of a background annoyance and nothing that stopped us going to sleep, but if you were a light sleeper it might bother you more.

Staff are all superb and love kids.

Highlight? Santa and an Elf jumping out of a plane above the hotel and landing on the beach in-front of us, my 4 year old daughter was gob smacked.

3 Thank DazN
Dear Guest

Our half board package has been developed to enhance the guest experience at the hotel and I am very delighted to learn that you liked it. I am also happy to hear that you had a chance to see the Santa jumping out of the plane above the hotel during the Christmas.

In relation to your comments regarding the high levels of noise that disturbed your stay I would like to apologise to you. We have on the hour noise level tests done at 4 points on the beach side of the hotel to make sure that we are operating within the decibel levels set by the authorities. If we measure above these limits, the security department advise to turn the music volume down immediately. I would like to apologies once again and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Check-in at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel between the 18th December and checked out on the 21st Dec. I stayed here with my wife and child (3 year old). We were assigned room 817; amazing was the view via the french windows overlooking the beach and the Burj Al Arab (breath taking indeed..).

The hotel's attention to detail is phenomenal; rooms was spick and span, lots of complimentary items (inc a rubber duckie), free WiFi, great staff (service was immaculate), free transfer(s) to Dubai Mall, great kids club and to top it up free entrance to Wild Waldi (or as my child would call it Wali Wali!).. The staff at the waterpark were AMAZING - so much care and so polite - this is a must do in Dubai.. (I loved it :-))

I would stay here again - and def recommend it to anyone!!!

Room Tip: room 817 was the one I stayed at and was PERFECT.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. I am also happy to hear that you were happy with the room allocation with an eye-catching view of our sister property Burj Al Arab. Your gracious comment about our colleagues is highly appreciated. I have shared your comment with the entire teams and they all are equally happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.

shimla
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Christmas Time & Looking for thrill during holidays Within minutes, I could make up my mind that it was Dubai, I wanted to visit On a friend’s suggestion, I called up Dubaionsale.com to figure out a package.. Immediately wewere suggested the best of hotels, from which I chose Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Agent offers great rates for Dubai and gud tours generally

Jumeirah Beach Hotel is a five star hotel in Dubai. It is just 25 km from the Dubai international airport and it is located on the shores of Arabian Gulf. The most breathtaking part of this hotel is its architecture. All rooms are sea facing and each room has a private balcony and private terrace. The view from the hotel room is just amazing at night. Wen its Christmas it is even better with a gala party nd dance night !!

The hotel offers many rooms according to ones need. The first one is ocean deluxe room and it has facilities like LED TV, DVD player and mini bar. It also has a king size bed and a bathtub with WI-FI connectivity. TheOther rooms r ocean deluxe balcony room, ocean club superior room, ocean club executive room, ocean junior suite, one bedroom ocean suite, two bedroom ocean suite, three bedroom ocean suite, beachcomber suite, presidential suite, royal ocean suite, and villas. Plentiful to be honest

It also has many restaurants like signature dining, casual dining and bar. The night life and the sea food of the resort are very famous. Arabain type Disco is also there in the hotel. The coco bar joint offers fresh fruit juices, cocktails, shakes, flavored ice creams etc. Swimming pool, gym, spa is what makes the stay so much more enjoyable.

My hubby just loved it and so did I. We actually felt like king and queen in such an amazing ambience. It is little expensive but I recommend that everyone should visit it at least once a lifetime.

Room Tip: ocean view superior rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Neha J
Dear Guest,

Our “Stay Different” promise is to create luxury environments where our guests can enjoy unique and memorable experiences. I have shared you kind comment with the entire team and they are equally happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.

Scotland
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Just returned from a family holiday at this hotel and loved every minute of it! The hotel is beautiful and the staff are fantastic, nothing is too much trouble. I do think it's quite pricey but that's just standard in Dubai, everything is expensive! The rooms are huge with a massive bed and a sitting area and very well decorated. The bathrooms are also huge with a seperate bath and shower, 2 sinks and a separate toilet area. The lighting in the room is controlled by a panel next to the door and beside the bed. We had balcony rooms but have to say I barely used it! The pool areas are lovely and the lifeguards are very attentive, particularly at the kids pool. We had my 2 year old nephew with us and this hotel is great for kids, fantastic soft play area and bouncy castle every day. We went to the Wild Wadi a couple of times also which is great fun, but quite crowded so we liked the fact we hadn't paid in because we were staying at this hotel (it's quite expensive I think to pay) so could pop in and out and still have the peacefulness of the hotel poolside and beach. The walkway to nearby hotels and the buggy service is also fantastic.

We ate in Latitude a few times and both breakfast and dinner were of a high standard for a buffet. Beachcomber is a good alternative for breakfast by the beach but didn't go for dinner so can't comment. The Dow and Anchor was also great. I was slightly disappointed by the Italian on the first floor though. We also visited 360 degrees and Uptown, both lovely but quite quiet for a thursday night. Cocktails were fantastic in all the bars! We also visited Mahiki and it was very busy with non-hotel guests, with a great atmosphere.

All in all I can't fault this hotel and I'd definitely recommend it again, particularly to families.

1 Thank cancunfan
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort.

Our constant effort at Jumeirah Beach Hotel is to create a relaxing environment and offer efficient, warm, friendly and unobtrusive service to all our guests and I am happy to hear that you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Your comment with regards to the Carnevale restaurant experience has been noted. May I request you to provide us some more details about your disappointment? This will help us to take any corrective action where required so that we exceed your expectations on your arrival.