“Fabulous hotel”

Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Ranked #70 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Just returned from a family holiday at this hotel and loved every minute of it! The hotel is beautiful and the staff are fantastic, nothing is too much trouble. I do think it's quite pricey but that's just standard in Dubai, everything is expensive! The rooms are huge with a massive bed and a sitting area and very well decorated. The bathrooms are also huge with a seperate bath and shower, 2 sinks and a separate toilet area. The lighting in the room is controlled by a panel next to the door and beside the bed. We had balcony rooms but have to say I barely used it! The pool areas are lovely and the lifeguards are very attentive, particularly at the kids pool. We had my 2 year old nephew with us and this hotel is great for kids, fantastic soft play area and bouncy castle every day. We went to the Wild Wadi a couple of times also which is great fun, but quite crowded so we liked the fact we hadn't paid in because we were staying at this hotel (it's quite expensive I think to pay) so could pop in and out and still have the peacefulness of the hotel poolside and beach. The walkway to nearby hotels and the buggy service is also fantastic.

We ate in Latitude a few times and both breakfast and dinner were of a high standard for a buffet. Beachcomber is a good alternative for breakfast by the beach but didn't go for dinner so can't comment. The Dow and Anchor was also great. I was slightly disappointed by the Italian on the first floor though. We also visited 360 degrees and Uptown, both lovely but quite quiet for a thursday night. Cocktails were fantastic in all the bars! We also visited Mahiki and it was very busy with non-hotel guests, with a great atmosphere.

All in all I can't fault this hotel and I'd definitely recommend it again, particularly to families.

1  Thank cancunfan
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort.

Our constant effort at Jumeirah Beach Hotel is to create a relaxing environment and offer efficient, warm, friendly and unobtrusive service to all our guests and I am happy to hear that you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Your comment with regards to the Carnevale restaurant experience has been noted. May I request you to provide us some more details about your disappointment? This will help us to take any corrective action where required so that we exceed your expectations on your arrival.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We are currently staying at the JBH and witnessed an event that makes this hotel stand out above just about any other hotel.
It was a windy day today with large waves crashing in. A fairly large oil slick was spotted just off the beach to the left of the Burj. Within minutes people were advised to come out of the water and not to walk on the shore, a small flotilla of hotel boats with special floats were mobilised to surround and soak up the oil. After an hour or two job done oil contained and soaked up none on the beach and people allowed back in the sea.
Absolutely amazing. Well done JBH!

1  Thank marknat10
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your observation during your stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I hope that you are enjoying your stay with us and our colleagues are looking after you well. Our constant effort at Jumeirah Beach Hotel is to create a safe and relaxing environment to all our guests. I very delighted to learn that how our Sports and Leisure team handled the situation at the beach on 27th December. Positive reviews like yours always serve as an added motivation to the entire team to maintain the highest level of service at all the times.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Just returned from a wedding in Dubai staying at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. The place was great though a little glitzy for my tastes. Our room was big with the addition of a seating area which was a good alternative to only having the bed to sit on. My only gripe would be that the hotel is being renovated from the top down (our room not having been done yet) the newly refurbished rooms have tea and coffee facilities, our room didn't, which was a shame as room service is the only alternative, and after a while the buffet style of some of he restaurants becomes a bit monotonous. The staff are the jewel in the hotels crown though. From the moment we arrived the people who served us were charming and efficient and made the trip a pleasure.

Room Tip: Take a higher floored room for the renovated rooms
2  Thank Wil04

Dear Guest

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

Our prime focus is to the provide efficient, warm and friendly service to all our guests and your mention about these services is very encouraging and a great pride for the entire team. I am of course most concerned to learn of your disappointment and would like to extend my sincere apologies that your experience appears to have fallen short of your expectations. We consistently strive to ensure that our service and the product remain on the highest level, please rest assured that I have noted your comment with regards to the tea/coffee facilities in the rooms and would like to inform you that all our new rooms are equipped with tea/coffee facilities and once the refurbishment is done for rest of the rooms then all our newly refurbished rooms will be having tea/coffee facilities, and for the old rooms our housekeeping team is always there to provide the tea/coffee facilities in the rooms.

Should you have any additional comments regarding your experience at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel please do not hesitate to contact us directly so that I may share your feedback with our management team.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I accompanied my husband on a business trip from the US to Dubai Nov. 30, 2012. My husband and his employees choose this hotel whenever they travel to Dubai and I can see why! He owns a leadership company and I am an attorney and we love to travel. My original concern was that I would be spending most days on my own while he attended business meetings. I should not have been concerned because there were more than enough amenities to keep me occupied. The room was clean and spacious with a balcony on the 7th floor. Room service and front desk were top notch, this is a luxury hotel and you will receive first class service. I enjoyed morning runs on the property and spending time on the beach and at the pool.
There are many restaurant options, We especially enjoyed all of the outdoor seating options as the weather was gorgeous. On Sundays fewer restaurants are open and service was extremely slow (1.5 hours) in the pub. My husband was upset because he was eating with a business associate and he complained. The hotel's response was above and beyond what we would have expected. The restaurant manager personally apologized, sent wine, chocolates and fruit basket to our room and even bought us dinner the following night. We were overjoyed by the response and it helped us really enjoy the rest of our stay. This is exactly what 5 star service should be!!
Ladies bring your best handbags, clothing and resort wear, the fashion at this hotel and Dubai in general is fabulous! It is expensive but if you are traveling to Dubai and staying in a 5 star hotel you typically would not worry much about cost. Can't wait to go back to this hotel, would love to bring our children next time!

Room Tip: Every room has beach views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dawn C
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Positive reviews like yours always serve as an added motivation to the entire team to maintain the highest level of service at all the times. I am also happy to hear with the way your complained handled by our colleague and we were able to exceed your expectations. Our “Stay Different” promise is to create luxury environments where our guests can enjoy unique and memorable experiences. I have shared you kind comment with the entire team and they are equally happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

On a very recent trip to Dubai where I was obliged, albeit pleasantly, to change from my usual choice of hotel being the Meridien, in order to be close to my new born grand-daughter, this time along with my wife were to stay at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. All I can say that it was magnificent! firstly all of the rooms face the sea that is a plus to begin with, then I chose a room with the small balcony which I realized was very useful either to watch the many events or fireworks in the surrounding areas or to enjoy your afternoon cup of tea! on our arrival I was pleased to learn that we were upgraded to Club rooms entilting us the use of their club lounge facility - a plus by all means if you like scones and varieties of finger sandwishes for your afternoon tea or a coktail before heading to dinner, a Limo complimentary ride to the Airport on departure! But the thing that really stood out for me though was by all means the hotel staff!! very friendly, extremely helpful and very accomodating, I do not understand how can they remember your name!! I was wondering if I had my name tag on my forehead! a fruit basked was delievered daily to our room, Godiva box of chocolate welcomed us on arrival and and and...
The beach area is wonderful, very spacious and very private - the Gym is top notch if you care about staying fit during your holidays or your business trips. the breakfast buffet is by all means the most genereous I have ever seen, and guaranteed to satisfy every taste. to sum it all up 11 days at the hotel were as pleasant as it can get and I would never ever consider staying elsewhere due to the location and its proximity to Emirates Mall as well as the services the hotel has to offer, lest not forget the staff on every level who made our stay very relaxing and enjoyable.

Room Tip: rooms with balcony on the 5th floor is a plus.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Talal H

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Thank you for the detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort. I am also happy to hear that you were upgraded to the Club Executive Rooms and you were happy with the room allocation with an eye-catching view of our sister property Burj Al Arab.

Our colleagues are our asset and we put lot of efforts to train our colleagues to deliver the good quality service to all our guests and your mention of superlative service during your stay is very encouraging and a great pride for us. I have shared your comment with the entire team and they are equally happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

For me, this hotel is the best hotel in the world! We recently stayed at the JBH with my wife and two young children. It was an incredible experience. The staff at the hotel could not do enough. They were so kind, helpful & incredibly professional. They made the children feel so welcome and special. The food is out of this world, the hotel main restaurant Latitude was excellent, however if it doesnt appeal there are about 15 other . Facilities are phenominal, we stayed in the newly refurbished rooms which were impressive. The hotel itself is immaculate as you would expect. Jumeirah Group invests heavily in their staff and it really shows. I never felt once that they were working their tips. Being incredibly nice was just so natural to them, Its really humbling actually. The staff all enjoyed working there and were so proud of working at JBH and appreciated the how much their employers looked after them. We will be back next year for sure. Anyone reading this just book it! Its worth every penny.

Room Tip: Go for the newly updated rooms at around £40 extra per night.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Patrick D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recognizing our colleagues efforts. Your gracious comment is very inspiring to the entire team and it means a lot to us. Our colleagues are our asset and we put lot of efforts to train our colleagues to deliver the good quality service to all our guests and your mention of superlative service during your stay is very encouraging and a great pride for us.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Jumeirah Beach boasted the most relaxing, luxurious holiday we could ever ask for.

Firstly; I must discuss the absolutely impeccable service we received in the hotel from the minute we arrived to the minute we left. The staff are so friendly and always so happy to help you. Not once were we disappointed by any member of staff - we were always greeted with a smiling face and made so welcome.

In addition; our room was absolutely amazing. We stayed in an executive suite which boasted a huge balcony with the most incredible view. The beds were SO comfortable; the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever stayed in. There was never any pressure to be out of your room at any given time so the cleaners could clean - you could simply specify when was convenient for you which was a nice touch.

We had the luxury of being able to use the executive pool which was just lovely.. I have to say the optional extra expense of using the executive pool and lounge was worth every penny. The lounge allowed us to enjoy complimentary refreshments and hor d'oeuvres before dinner each evening and the pool allowed us that little bit of extra luxury and exclusivity.

Finally; the food offered at the hotel is fantastic. The breakfast buffet offers the choice of anything you could imagine; all freshly cooked and very tasty. Every day we ate lunch at "the waterfront" which served such beautiful fresh lunches again with great service.

All in all; I cannot recommend this hotel enough - it was simply amazing and I cannot wait to go back there!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank whall29

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort. I have shared your comment with the teams and they are equally happy to hear that you had a fantastic holiday with us.