“Excellent for Family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jumeirah Beach Hotel

You added Jumeirah Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jumeirah Beach Road | Umm Suqeim, Dubai 11416, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #35 of 527 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent for Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

It was a nice week end with all family memebers and frriends where we enjoyed
the food, the facilities as well as the quality od Service.

I would recommend this hotel as small break to relax and enjoy with the family.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Sami Syrine B
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Ayr
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Booked the hotel on a special offer half board basis, was a little concerned that there would be limits on what and where we could eat, but, this turned out to be a fantastic package. Best breakfast buffet I have ever seen plus you could have your 'other meal' as lunch or dinner with a choice of all the available restruants and anything from their menus. The option of lunch or dinner provided unexpected flexibility for us to explore Dubai by night. Enough has been said by others on the great rooms, views, beach and generally great facilities including access to the water park next door. Great experience

Room Tip: Upgrade to Exec floor appears expensive, however, if you plan on drinking (alcohol) a lot, the bar h...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank AllenG56
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. I am also happy to hear that you loved our breakfast buffet and half board package, which we have developed to enhance the Food and Beverage experience of our guests.

Abu Dhabi, UAE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I went to the Al Jarreau concert a few nights ago, with my husband. The concert was staged in a lovely setting, on the lawn overlooking the Burj Al Arab. I had looked before, and there was to be food available in the concert area. Unfortunately, when we arrived, it was obvious that I couldn’t eat any of it, as I have to eat gluten-free. I mentioned this to a female member of the staff, who I think was a manager, who was standing by the cashier. This was just for her information, really. She was amazing – she said “give me ten minutes and I’ll have sorted something out...”. I came back to her 10 minutes later and was given Singapore rice noodles, instead of the pasta noodles other people were having – it meant I could eat the same as my husband, and everyone else... She made no fuss, no big deal about it, and was therefore very efficient.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AccidentalExPat
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

I am also delighted to learn that all your preferences were met during your visit. We put lot of efforts to train our colleagues to deliver the good quality service to all our guests, and your mention of superlative service during your stay is very encouraging and a great pride for us. Our “Stay Different” promise is to create luxury environments where our guests can enjoy unique and memorable experiences. I have shared you kind comment with the entire team and they are equally happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I booked a room first at Dar Al Masyaf/Madinat Jumeirah and then Jumeirah beach hotel through Skywards website.

When I arrived they could not find my booking. I showed them my reservation confirmation.
Then they refused to include breakfast ( although it was included in my reservation as well as lunch or dinner ). Then they refused to include lunch/or dinner.

They gave me the bill with the wrong rate. After it was fixed they made more mistakes in the bill.
FInally, they fixed it. I spent hours discussing it.

When I moved from Dar Al Masyaf to Jumeirah Beach hotel, the same thing happened. And I spent hours discussing it as well

The hotels are nice, but the reservation system is a complete mess and I spent too much time discussing all this.

I do not want to book here again. Its not acceptable for a five star hotel

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Alexandra35
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

We have recently returned from spending a week at this lovely family orientated hotel. On arrival we were greeted warmly and were pleasantly surprised to find our room was ready, as we had expected to have a delay due to arriving first thing in the morning. We were given a newly refurbished room on the 12th floor and although it was near the lifts we were not disturbed at all by any noise. The room was large enough despite my teenage son using the sofa bed. The bathroom was lovely and we found it especially useful having 2 sinks. One snag though was that the shower let water leak under the shower door into the main bathroom - not a very good design! The electronic control panel did take some getting used to but we did find it lovely to be able to open the curtains automatically from our bed in the mornings to fantastic views. The main bed was lovely and comfortable but the sofa bed does have a very thin mattress which my son said was only ok!

We were on a half board option which we found was very good value as food and drinks are very expensive. All the restaurants we tried were excellent with lovely food and good service. We especially liked being able to try the restaurants in the sister Hotel Madinat and using the boat taxis to get around. The Arboretum in the Hotel Madinat has a fantastic setting and the buffet style food is excellent as it gives you the chance to have small portions to try new things. We also loved the Thai evening held at Beachcombers. The 360 bar at the end of the harbour arm is definitely worth a visit as the views at sunset are lovely. However we were disappointed with the Uptown bar on the 24th floor as it was more expensive and the views less impressive.

The swimming pools and beach facilities were excellent and we were very impressed with the number of lifeguards on duty. It was a lovely touch having iced lollies brought around! Wild Wadi waterpark is definitely worth a visit and our son found it great to be able to just go for a few hours if he wanted to. Towels are provided and lockers are available at extra cost if wanted. The park operates a cashless system where you can charge things to your room which we found very useful.

The location of this hotel is excellent not only for the beach but also for visiting other parts of the city. Taxis were plentiful and easy to use.

All in all a great holiday and we would definitely return.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HelenAnnThomas
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort.

Ice lollies, water spray and evening turn down amenities are some of our several special touches we have developed to enhance the overall experience at Jumeirah Beach Hotel and I am delighted to learn that you found these gestures very impressive. I am also happy to hear that you were happy with our swimming pool and beach facilities and you were impressed with the number of lifeguards on duty. Your comment with regards to the bathroom experience has been noted and passed on to the Technical Service team to look into the matter so that we exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Beirut, Lebanon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I checked in at this hotel on December 10th for three nights to attend a business function. Although all needed details were communicated to the hotel reservations section at least one week ahead of time; nevertheless, it still took the receptionist around an hour to provide me with an appropriate room!
My impressions are in brief that this old hotel was probably a landmark at one time but the dedication of the cleaning and room service staff are what is still keeping the stars of this hotel polished.
I sincerely recommend that you check other hotels in the vicinity before you reserve at this hotel.

Room Tip: A/C unit noise was unacceptable
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Samer F
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on tripadvisor.

I was concerned to read that you left the hotel feeling disappointed. I would like to personally apologies to you if we did not meet your expectations. I would like to pledge to you that it is certainly never our intend to disappoint our guests than the wonderful memories. Your comment with regards to arrival experience has been noted and passed on to the concern manager to look into the matter and taking corrective action where required so that we exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Bromley, Kent UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We have just returned from a two week stay at JBH. This was our sixth visit in four years.
The staff at this hotel are AMAZING and we saw many 'friends' from previous visits. They are all so kind and friendly. Also, the food in the various restaurants around the resort is of an excellent quality - very large portions too!
Now the BUT -
We stayed in a newly refurbished Club Executive room. We had to change rooms because the first one was near the main lifts and was affected by the sound of the lifts going up and down. The second room was on the 20th floor. The rooms are very restful in colour but don't have any character. The bed was very comfortable but beware of the bed surround! I managed to catch my toe in-between the surround and the mattress. My toe was extremely badly bruised - luckily not broken! I also managed to scrape both legs, at different times, on the edge of the surround (sharp corners) where there are two drawers. The seating area isn't very comfortable and you can't see the TV from it. I had to sit on the bed to watch TV. The hi-tech lighting etc takes some getting used to and the panel in the bedside cabinet is ridiculous. I tried to open my bedside drawer in the night and suddenly lights were going on and curtains opening!!! We feel the designer of the new rooms has never actually spent a night in his creation!
The bathroom is much smaller too, with very shallow sinks which spread water all over the place. There is a separate toilet and bidet.
The most annoying thing was that I had to wear earplugs most nights. Make sure you keep your earplugs from your flight. If it wasn't the external noise from 360' bar which had very late nights three times a week, it was music from functions held in the grounds. At times these could be disruptive. There was a conference over three of the days we were there and it was very hard to find a buggy to take you around the resort as they were transporting delegates to their meetings.
Sadly, I think this was our last visit to JBH.

Room Tip: The lifts can be noisy so be careful where your room is.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Speges
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

First of all thank you for continued patronage for last four years. I am happy that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. At the same time I was concerned to learn about your disappointment and I would like to personally apologies to you if we did not meet your expectations. We consistently strive to ensure that our service and products remain on the highest level, please rest assured that I have noted your comments with regards to our newly designed rooms and noise from 360* bar and passed on to the management to look into the matter and will consider your points while doing our next phase rooms refurbishment so that we exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.