“Not even there yet and horrific service...”

Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Ranked #57 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
“Not even there yet and horrific service...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Booked a visit here back in January, we are flying out to the hotel on Sunday...yesterday they informed me that the 2 bed suite i booked for my family of 3 adults and 2 young children, is now not available and we are going to be in 2 rooms instead! No apology, no offer of anything to compensate us for having to compromise our holiday in a major way...nothing, just basically get knotted, like it or lump it. Looking forward to arriving and discussing in person with the manager! Terrible.....Have been here before and loved it but really bad taste in the mouth now and not even there yet...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Brett H
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

I was concerned to learn about your disappointment. I would like to personally apologies to you if we did not meet your expectations. We consistently strive to ensure that our service remain on the highest level, please rest assured that I have noted your comment with regards to the room allocation and passed on to the Front-Office team to look into the matter so that we exceed your expectations on your arrival.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Mahmoud Sakr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,134)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Just spent 4 fabulous nights at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel - Had a fabulous time. Facilities were great, service/staff were fantastic, amenities to cater for all tastes. Room was extremely comfortable with great view of the Burj Al Arab. Would highly recommend, we will definitely be returning!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TW1970
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Sevenoaks, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed at JBH from 7-12 October 2012..out third stay..previous two with our daughters..this time..a chill out break just the two of us. The stay was excellent, my wife's birthday was on one day..we returned to the newer superior room to find a lovely chocolate cake, a card and bottle of good Prosecco, a lovely surprise..which I had notified the hotel of weeks before. The executive package is recommended..the superior rooms are well done with all mod-cons..fantastic beds.. and an excellent larger bathrooms over the previous rooms. Half the hotel was being refurbished..the wing facing wild wadi..there was no intrusions or noise..and things were quieter than usual. We had a couple of issues whilst staying which were legitimate complaints..we were very well looked after by the concierge staff, and were tracked down by Dusan Mrksic, the assistant guest manager. He dealt with our concerns very well..and we received a complimentary meal in Latitude, the excellent buffet style restaurant on the ground floor..and good bottle of wine in La Parilla..which we ate in one evening.Recommended. The Uptown bar on the 25th floor we visited one time..it is expensive...and one member of staff was rude as when I came to sign the chit..she said we were not residents and could not find us on the system, and we were trying to con the hotel..even when she double checked, and obviously found our reservation..she failed to return to us and explain or apologise...this was the only attitude issue we found. All staff were very friendly..food excellent..we have had a one bed suite before with large balcony..and I did miss it this time..evening and night views towards the city are spectacular. So well done JBH..we will return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank IanSevenoaks_England
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

We put lot of efforts to train our colleagues to deliver the good quality service to all our guests, and your mention of superlative service provided by Dusan during your stay is very encouraging and a great pride for us. Our “Stay Different” promise is to create luxury environments where our guests can enjoy unique and memorable experiences. I have shared you kind comment with the entire team and they are especially Dusan equally happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.

We consistently strive to ensure that our service remain on the highest level, please rest assured that I have noted your comment with regards to the Uptown bar experience and passed on to the management team to look into the matter so that we exceed your expectations on your next visit, and I would like to personally apologies to you for inconvenience caused to you during your visit to Uptown bar.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a serious five star hotel with all the trimmings you'd expect. Large modern rooms well kept and service to match. The food was excellent, more types of breakfast than you can shake a stick at. The pools are large, deep and inviting with more life guards than I've ever seen before. The view from the upper floors of the marina and the Burj Al Arab is amongst the best there is.

The hotel provides golf cart transfers to the Burj and a near by Souk; which is a relief given the heat even in the evening, and there is free entry into Wild Wadi water park an absolute must for the kids.

The only downer was the roof top cocktail bar. I wasn't expecting it to be cheap and it wasn't. But the tequila sunrises we had were pathetic.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with a balcony. You'll never use it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tomh173
Dear Guest

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. We consistently strive to ensure that our service and the product remain on the highest level, please rest assured that I have noted your comment with regards to the Uptown Bar drinks and will continue to work towards improving the quality of Beverages at the Bar.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

If you are considering the JBH I would advice you to make your booking. To get the most out of the hotel make sure you familirise yourself with the hotel and its restuarants. Like every hotel things do not go right 100% of the time. However, if you tell any of the staff you are unhappy they will do what they can to resolve the situation. When booking ensure you take the executive package as over the duration of your holiday you will enjoy the benefits and the extra level of service.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gerardiom
Dear Guest,

Our constant effort at Jumeirah Beach Hotel is to create a relaxing environment and offer efficient, warm, friendly and unobtrusive service to all our guests and I am happy to hear that you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

Your kind comment about our colleagues is highly appreciated. I have shared your comment with the teams and they are equally happy to hear that you had a fantastic holiday with us.

new york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

The staff are all friendly at the hotel and it is clean and organised. However the staff are not well trained in customer service and can not handle any requests that are slightly irregular. For example I had to organize a DHL pickup on my own because the concierge insisted a Friday pickup was impossible. I was able to get the pickup.

There also are not enough staff working the beach and children are underfoot everywhere.

The concierge staff are some of the most unhelpful I have ever seen. The beach comber brunch was excellent but again staff could be better trained. I was asked 5 times at brunch if I had a voucher. I did not and each time I was asked, I felt like I was overpaying.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

I was concerned to read that you left the hotel feeling disappointed. I would like to personally apologies to you if we did not meet your expectations. We consistently strive to ensure that our service and the product remain on the highest level, please rest assured that I have noted your comments with regards to the Concierge Service, Beachcomber and Beach Service and will continue to work towards improving all aspects.

Notwithstanding your disappointment, I request you to please consider the incident that you have experienced as isolated and not representative of the high standards we strive to achieve.

Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring the above to our attention, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

2 week holiday to Dubai, and staying here was amazing... great staff,resturants located in hotel,shopping on the first floor, and room are amazing... 3 lifts and 1 glass lift...private beach and 3 swimming pools with golf buggies to take you there so you don't need to walk! Lots of outdoor resturants.. located right beside the Burj-al arab.. and beside the madinat.. Recommend this.x :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues.