“2nd time here, even better experience!”

Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Ranked #88 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was our 2nd trip to Jumeriah Beach Hotel (JBH), we 1st came here on the 2nd leg of our honeymoon and this hotel was fantastic back then in 2008. We have tried Al Qasr the year after which was also very good but me and my wife both missed JBH and their amazing breakfast hence we came back here with our 2yr old daughter this year. This hotel is definately the hotel if you have kids, the close proximity of wild wadi (which is complimentary) and the kids pool make it perfect. The pool at Al-Qasr does not have a sloping entrance to the pool which is not good for little toddlers like ours hence JBH pool was perfect.

The room, one word, WOW. It was the new refurbished room and I have to say was amazing, so if you can, upgrade if you can. Every detail has been covered and we really enjoyed the stay. Down to the electronic gadgets that control everything, to the high standards in the bathroom. I sincerely hope they upgrade all the old rooms to the same standard in due course.

The hospitality, what can I say, 2nd to none. For one of the oldest hotels, they have really maintained a great service and I have to make a special mention to one of their staff named 'Kabir' in the Latitude restaurant. He made our dinner experience so good every night. He really was kind to our 2yr old daughter and went the extra mile at all times. He attended to ours and our daughters every need. He was helpful and never said no, nothing was too much trouble and was always smiling.

The Food, this is one of the main reasons we love JBH, the selection at Latitude is always wonderful, the chefs are a real credit and the breakfast is A*. One big recommendation, the Friday Brunch. Was included in the HB offer that we had and I have to say was the single best meal we had. The kids area at dinner time is also great, our little one loved it alot.

The Internet, its great to see investment into the WiFi. I have included a snapshot of the download speed and it was impressive and is what I expect from this hotel. Really nice to use WiFi by the pool

Special thanks also have to go to Swapnil D'Mello and Keith Holiday (Guest Service management team) who really made our stay fantastic. Their fantastic attitude to making sure me, my Wife and daughter had a great time was great, a real commendement to the hotel and I hope to keep in touch with the

Room Tip: Tip, high floor, ask for new refurbished room if you can, use WildWadi as its complimentary
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Suby786
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort. I am also happy to hear that you liked our newly refurbished rooms. Thank you for your comment on our upgraded internet connection and I am glad that you were able to use Wi-Fi service at the Executive Pool. I have noted your comment with the regards to the Al Qasr Pool and passed on to the Management team of Al Qasr to look into the matter to enhance the service.

Your gracious comment about our colleagues Kabir, Keith and Swapnil is highly appreciated. Our colleagues are our asset and we put lot of efforts to train our colleagues to deliver the good quality service to all our guests, and your mention of superlative service during your stay is very encouraging and a great pride for us. I have shared your comment with the entire team and they all are happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Mahmoud Sakr

Write a ReviewReviews (5,469)

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed at Jumeirah Beach Hotel for two weeks 2 Adults and 2 Children in August, from the moment we walked in the service was just remarkable just what you would expect from Jumeirah, I am truly Jumeirah through and through, we stayed in the new exec rooms and the new look was fantastic superb remote control pad for lighting, curtains, Tv, Air con it was amazing the views directly on to the Burj Al Arab every morning this was a delight and every time we looked out.

Kirti Anchan what a great guy a credit to Jumeirah Beach Hotel and Jumeirah Group.. always smiling always helpful people like Kirti and his team make these stays more memorable, it was my daughters birthday and when we entered the room there were a few surprises for my daughter for some reason every time its her birthday we are staying with Jumeirah and every time she gets spoilt and coming back for more.

From the room to the lobbies to the reception which i believe as been transformed since we were there I have seen photos and it looks awesome along with the new look 360 Bar I missed out on that but we will return.

Mr Sakur the hotel manager was great very helpful along with all members of staff always smiling always helpful.

We got lucky whilst we were there we bumped into X Factor - Dermot and Nicole nice People got photos with all the crew great times.

I have to mention Janghir the sports coach at the pavillion what a great guy known him for a couple of years now and I have promised when I go back next year my six pack is on the way... I hope ... The Pavillion is a nice place to go and relax have a jacuzzi play some table tennis and do some weights and it all looks out onto the Burj Al Arab ... Fantastic.

To Summarise this hotel is family friendly with a superb location giving you the freedom to explore other parts of the hotel grounds and visit the Madinat, Al Qasr, Mina Salam, Dar Al Masyaf, just jump on a buggy and venture out ... this is a must for anyone visiting Dubai if you are make it Jumeirah Group...

Thanks see you again soon

Zee Khan

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Zee K

Dear Guest,

Our constant effort at Jumeirah Beach Hotel is to create a relaxing environment and offer efficient, warm, friendly and unobtrusive service to all our guests and I am happy to hear that you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues. I am also happy to hear that you liked our newly refurbished rooms.

Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort. Your kind comment about our colleagues Kirti and Janghir is highly appreciated. I have shared your comment with the teams and they are equally happy to hear that you had a fantastic holiday with us.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Just perfect place to enjoy you holiday in Dubai.
Quite large and spacious rooms with sea view.
A delicious breakfast & dinner buffet.
Wonderful gym. Many swimming pools.
Amazing beach area. A separate part of beach especially for families with children.
A huge area for walking and entertainment (Wild Wadi, restaurants, etc.).

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jekaterina_Tallin
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Guest

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We've visited the hotel 25 plus times over the last 11 years. We have tried other hotels in Dubai ( not many) but this is by far our favourite. The hotel is currently being refurbished and is looking amazing, even it it's not yet complete.
The hotel is beautiful, it's clean, offers and extensive range of cuisine the thing that really makes it special is the service and the amazing staff.
You may find places that can offer the same level of luxury, that may look as good but you'll be hard pushed to find such a amazing staff and service.
Year after year we go to the hotel and often see the same people who all say the same things as we do.
We have made this trip with friends, family and children and it always meets our expectations

Room Tip: We always opt club exec. Whilst this costs a little more it's excellent value for money with all...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sammy081965
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your continued patronage to Jumeirah Beach Hotel for last 11 years. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

We put lot of efforts to train our colleagues to deliver the good quality service to all our guests, and your mention of superlative service during your stay is very encouraging and a great pride for us. Our “Stay Different” promise is to create luxury environments where our guests can enjoy unique and memorable experiences. I have shared you kind comment with the entire team and they are equally happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Went there in December 2009. Although the hotel itself was luxurious, there were a lot of kids everywhere and it felt more like a family resort than a romantic place for couples. I was generally satisfied with the service except for one incident: I forgot to mention that there would be another person in the room when booking it so they asked for a surcharge; I forgot about it and one day after we came back from the swimming pool, the hotel had deactivated our room key. I had to go to the reception in my wet swimming suit and a manager accompanied me to my room where I looked for wallet in the dark to pay for the surcharge!

Other than that the hotel offers a great variety of restaurants with excellent food. We tried several restaurants for breakfast and dinner and were very happy with the service and food we got.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

I was concerned to read that you left the hotel feeling disappointed. I would like to personally apologies to you if we did not meet your expectations. We consistently strive to ensure that our service and the product remain on the highest level, please rest assured that I have noted your comments and will continue to work towards improving all aspects.

Notwithstanding your disappointment, I request you to please consider the incident that you have experienced as isolated and not representative of the high standards we strive to achieve.

Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring the above to our attention, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here Sept 2011, June 2012 and booked for June 2013.
Our first visit was perfect, arriving at 7am after travelling over night we were greeted by Jumeirah staff at airport, given cold towels and water before been whisked off to the hotel, taken up to club exec lounge on 24th floor to check in.
Rooms, beach, pool and all the resturants we ate in at hotel were excellent. Loved having evening drinks on terrace of Up Town bar. Last years holiday was finished off by staying in the Burj Al Arab but JBH for me is defo the one to choose.
Arrived 20th June 2012, another lovely welcoming by all staff. I was slightly ill on the evening of 21st but had lovely day on 22nd finished off with fabulous Indian meal at the Zabeel Saray - Unfortunatly I took very ill on the 23rd a.m and had to call doctor to room, She was great along with her nurse, gave me lots of medication to try and get me through the holiday, I couldnt keep pain killers down so went to hotel clinic twice a day for pain and antibiotic injections, All staff there were so kind. The guys at the exec pool were aware i was unwell and could not do enough to help me, making sure i always had water, carrying my bags and making sure a buggy was waiting to take me for injection. (I had insisted my mother and mother-in-law went off to see Dubai as it was there first visit so i was alone at pool.)
One evening I really wanted chips and gravey to eat so when my family went out for their evening meal they mentioned it in the Dhow and Anchor resturant and somebody brought me some. Nothing was too much trouble which is why as soon as we returned (and after a week in uk hospital having deseased gall bladder removed) their was no hesitation in returning next year to the fabulous JBH. Truly amazing place full of amazing staff! Roll on June 2013 :-)

Room Tip: Nothing but Club Executive!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

First of all I would to thank you for updating us about your health, and we wish you a speedy recovery. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here for a business conference - husband worked, I got to play.
Rooms are very nicely equipped and decorated: spacious and bright, with wonderfully large bathrooms and very pleasant aromatherapy toiletries. Makes the tiny inperfections stand out more than they otherwise would. I'm being picky - but at the prices they charge, I think I'm entitled to be. There was a hole in our ceiling, around a fire sprinkler. Toilet tissue was not replaced. The bed was definitely on the lumpy side.
For me, the most irritating aspect was the poolside service. If you are there with a man, you will be attended to promptly. If, like me, you happen to be there as a single woman, and a little bit older, you will probably be ignored, as I was until you actually have to shout for service. Even to the extent of the guys coming round and servicing the needs of the families next to me, without even glancing in my direction. I had to go to get towels for myself, and in an hour and a half by the pool was not offered water, or even a menu - again, despite the families next to me being offered them. Misogeny apparently still rears its ugly head in Dubai, even though it is much more liberal than the other states.
Having said that, the staff inside the hotel were delightful, and I didn't run into this problem with anyone else - just by the pool.
Can't really comment too much on the restaurants as most of the meals we had were set menus provided for the conference, but whatever we had was of a decent standard. I was slightly irritated by the waiter's pronouncement that everyone's steak would be cooked medium when I asked for mine to be medium rare at La Parilla, their Argentine restaurant. I understand that they were cooking for about thirty people, but it was a set menu, with a choice of fish or steak for entree, and they really should be able to take that sort of thing in their stride in a place of that standard.
As "Woburn Express" said...it's just another 5* hotel in Dubai.
When you are visiting a hotel with high standards, you expect more from them.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business