“Amazing Unique luxurious”

Ranked #25 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Berlin, Germany
“Amazing Unique luxurious”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Burj Al Arab is the super famous, World’s Only seven Star Hotel. After staying at this amazing hotel all I can say, if there were 10 stars I will give them all to the Burj. Everything about this hotel is unique, luxurious, the best in the world!

The Burj does nothing by halves. From the minute hotel car picked me up I felt like an Arabian princess being whisked away to the white tower.

Every room is amazing. The most special touches are mirror ceiling in the bedroom and the most spectacular views from every window. The butler service is also exceptional. While the beach is the best in Dubai.

It defintely deserves all of its seven stars! A must try for any romantic couple at least once in your lifetime.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Heinrich_Morio, General Manager at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, responded to this review, July 7, 2013

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your visit at Burj Al Arab.

We are delighted to read your review following your stay in our hotel. It gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed our facilities and had a memorable experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back in Burj Al Arab.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance.

Burj Al Arab

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I can't wait to go back there!

My boyfriend and I went and stay for only 3 days 2 nights and we love every minute of it.

From the moment you step out of the limo, their staffs are all there to greet you and take care of everything for you. The keyless service is amazing. We didn't even need to bring our keys. Every floor has a butler and whatever you need, you just need to ask.

The rooms are luxury and comfortable. We will definitely make another trip back.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Slidej322
Heinrich_Morio, General Manager at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, responded to this review, July 3, 2013

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

We are delighted to read your review following your stay at Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed the overall experience and the service provided by our colleagues.

Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I went for lunch here and was extremely disappointed. The entrance lobby was gaudy and quite vulgar and in need of a touch of paint in places. The fish in the walls were a very nice touch and the escalators were imposing. The view from the exterior lift was stunning. But the food - yuck! The meat was tough and the side dishes boring. Staff were very snooty. Could they have afforded to eat here - I doubt it! All in all not an experience I ever wish to repeat. Save your money, take photos from the outside and then go to another of the pentiful 5 star hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank moonraker07

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent visit in Burj Al Arab.

Your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate experience Burj Al Arab is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits.
At the same time, I was concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet some of your expectations.

I have noted your overall feedback regarding our colleagues' behaviour and the quality of food. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in this respect. This is certainly not the level of service we are known for and can fully understand your disappointment.

Please rest assured that I have passed your concerns to our Executive Chef and the Culinary team will review the variety, production and preparation of the existing menu to ensure that our guests receive high quality products. I have also shared your feedback regarding our colleagues with the relevant department.

I have also noted your feedback regarding the lobby showing some signs of age. At Burj Al Arab, we pride ourselves on constantly monitoring the state of our interiors and ensure that the maintenance work is in place and the decor reflects the opulent Arabic heritage.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback and giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting Burj Al Arab in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the ultimate hospitality Burj Al Arab is renowned for.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Before i came here I read every review I could so that I could maximise my Burj experience.
I had wanted to come here to stay in the Burj ever since I saw it being deigned and built last century. Unfortunately Dubai kept building other iconic structures that I felt I had to wait for to make my trip complete. This culminated with the opening of the Burj khalifa and my decision not to wait for the next thing.
I have read reviews where people are disappointed by the cost, however this is not a place to base your views on cost. it is expensive but as many reviews will tell you, this is a once in a lifetime experience that you will never forget. from the moment the Rolls Royce Phantom picks you up until the last seconds when your car is taking you to your next destination, this establishment prides its self on its ability to deliver dreams. in thirty nine years of travelling I have stayed in many of the worlds leading hotels each one leaves its mark, but in the Burj you are living in a work of art, with such an iconic status it stands along side the Sydney Opera House, The Guggenheim in Bilbao or any one of the great structures that many cities have built to grace their various metropolises.
Before I arrived here I thought that Raffles Hotel had the edge on more than thirty great hotels I had been lucky enough to stay in, but the Burj Al Arab has now gone to the top of the list.
Very good food is very good food where ever in the world you eat it but the knowledge, professionalism and warmth of the waiting staff everywhere in the hotel was memorable. This made my dining experiences even better than my previous top pick La Tour D'Argent, visited some fifteen years ago when Claude Terrail would sit with the diners and organise tours of his famous cellars. As Claude is now sadly departed I feel comfortable in passing his crown on to the Burj Al Arab.
Even poolside the Burj goes the extra mile with cool boxes containing water, ice and cool face towels for everybody. Cold smoothies, sorbets and lollipops handed out at regular intervals and a cooling sea breeze turned on every day to keep my temperature in check.
The rooms are superb but now comes my only idea for improvement. I requested a two bedded room, I knew in advance the beds would only be one meter wide, but in such a big bedroom, I cannot see why two super kings cannot be accommodated. The ceiling mirrors would have to be duplicated and possibly some rooms would have to be designated as rooms with two beds. This said my bed was comfortable, but I would have liked a bigger bed that is available in other great hotels.
I bring my review to a close with a warm thank you to the great staff in this work of art and just recall a scene I witnessed while waiting at the front door of a young thirty something girl stopping at the door as she was walking out and whispering " Bye Bye Burj" and wiping a tear from her wide eyes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank bangormaine

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay at Burj Al Arab.

We are delighted to read your review following your visit in our hotel. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed the facilities, ambience and the service provided by our colleagues.

We have shared your positive feedback with our colleagues in the respective departments.

croydon
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Really is outstanding. We sat at a restaurant opposite and he dinner while the hotel changed colour really was very pretty and unique. The rooms in side are fit for a prince and if you have money or really want to have a blow out holiday stay there!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I did the package that included a couples massage and banquet Arabian dinner.From the moment you walked in the door the service was fantastic.Our Thai massage was held on the 18th floor in a room with amazing views of the ocean.The masseuse applied the perfect amount of pressure,total bliss.After our massage we were able to use the infinity pool for a swim before dinner.The buffet was one of the best I've been too,a large variety of well prepared dishes.
In all it was a fantastic highlight of our trip as we felt like royalty if just for one day!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heidiloves2travel
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at the Panoramic One Bedroom Suite which was located at the corner ends of the tower providing us with amazing views of the sea and the city at the same time. All rooms are duplex suites with entrance and sitting areas located on the first level and sleeping areas on the second level. The interior decoration was very colorful, a bit over the top for my taste, but then again that was the overall characteristics of this hotel anyway.

We came for the experience of staying in what is arguably the most luxurious hotel in the world and it was worth it. The price we paid was similar to what we would pay for suite rooms at other luxury hotel properties in the world. The difference is at this hotel all rooms are suites. Our room came with full sized Hermes toiletries, which was part of the package. The package included Mercedes Benz airport transfer that I upgraded to the Rolls Royce as I felt it was just right for that setting :-)

We tried 3 restaurants:
1) Dinner at Al Mahara; with the amazing aquarium setting the tone for the amazing dinner
2) Lunch at Al Muntaha on the 27th floor; amazing views and good European food
3) Breakfast at Junsui; wide array of Asian cuisine

All in all, what we experience was befitting of the setting - nothing was too special about the room but nowhere else a hotel affords all the experiences, the glamor, the food, the facilities - and they all just seemed appropriate here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Edges

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

We are delighted to read your review following your visit in our hotel. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed the facilities, amenities and the overall experience.