“Even better than a dream”

Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
Ranked #30 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
Bruxelles
“Even better than a dream”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was the most extraordinary hotel I ever went to. The service is personnalised, all your requests are answered and the buttler as well as the entire hotel's team are very nice. We tried 4 different restaurants and all were very fine - the best one being the Al Mahara. Of course, the prices are expensive, but when you go to the only 7 stars in the world, you don't consider the prices. We enjoyed the swimming pool and all the great attentions from the staff when you're just taking the sun. We went for 2 superb massages and spent some monney in the shops.
This was an unique experience and a fantastic gift for my loved one.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank IannisBruxelles
Heinrich_Morio, General Manager at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, responded to this review, January 29, 2013

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay in Burj Al Arab. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your overall stay with us highlighting our butlers’ service and our restaurants.

We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

Burj Al Arab

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Unique setting of rooms, great staff, fantastic sea view, amazing buffet and a great escape!
I really enjoyed my Trip with Friends. It was really wonderful beyond the words to say. I feel to say at least once in a life time to visit this great 7 star hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank fiafeek

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent visit in Burj Al Arab.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your overall stay with us.

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Well from arriving at the drive up until we left nothing was too much trouble for the staff of the Burj Al Arab.
We had our own check in on our floor, the butler explained everything in the suite perfectly. Wherever we went in the hotel we were greeted by name.
Such a wonderful experience to see staff that enjoy being there to make everything perfect for the guest.
Toiletries to bed turning perfect. We will return to stay again.

Room Tip: Personally I don't think there is a bad room in this hotel. Although we were in a suite facing t...
1 Thank Lynne W
South Padre Island, Texas
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is beautiful hotel. Overlooks the ocean and has a very unique shape.

Rooms are perfect in every single shape and form. Restaurant serves delicious food and is sticking out from the side of the hotel.

If you are ever in Dubai, you must stay at this hotel as it will surpass all of your expectations.

4 Thank Danielle T

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

We are delighted to read your great review post your visit in Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

Tonbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Spending five nights in the Burj al Arab was a once in a lifetime experience. Nothing was too much trouble from the moment we arrived. Our butler, Anna, was helpful and charming and sourced lemon and honey for my sore throat. Complimentary flowers, local sweets and wine arrived in our suite and little gifts appeared at our bedside every evening. My husband particularly enjoyed his cuticle cream! The Hermes toiletries in the bathroom were a luxurious treat, especially the foaming bath tablets. We were spoilt for space in our suite and it was a peaceful haven once we had dodged through the numerous tourists taking photographs in the lobby. Breakfast was very good but apart from room service on our first night, we didn't eat in the hotel. The gym and spa on the 18th floor were beautiful and you must visit the swimming pool there. The infinity edge stretches up close to the glass and the view is amazing. The buggies to the beach were plentiful and we never had to wait - although I know that is not always the case at peak times. On one negative note, had we been travelling with our children they would have been very disappointed that the Wild Wadi Waterpark was closed for 2 weeks. We were not informed of this prior to our arrival also we were only told on the day of our arrival that the outdoor pool was unavailable. This left us only with the beach which we were happy with but families may not have been. All in all a wonderful exclusive break but perhaps more suited to couples than families. When travelling with our family we will continue to use the other superb Jumeirah hotels - Jumeirah Beach and Mina a'Salam.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Nicola W

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

We have communicated your feedback with regards to us not informing you about the closure of some of the amenities to the relevant team. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting Burj Al Arab in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the ultimate hospitality Burj Al Arab is renowned for.

Forest Row, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the Burj last December after wanting to see what all the fuss was about with a 7* hotel status, although i still don't see how you can get 7 out of 5, but either way it was an incredible experience.

Pros:

Incredible rooms, with a double story set up with over 100 light bulbs per suite to provide mood lighting etc.
Enormous elaborate lounge and bedroom with a rather suggestible mirror on the ceiling.
9/10 exceptional staff (one was a little keen on checking her mobile phone, but maybe I'm being pedantic?)
The food bought to the room and welcome drinks were a lovely touch
The sky lounge cocktail bar is worth a visit but with a minimum spend, it was a little cheeky, although as you could imagine in the Burj it didn't take long to spend the said minimum!
The adjacent water park was fun and provided a healthy rest bite from the air of protentiousness and OTT ambiance of the Burj.
Best breakfast I've ever had in my life and worth having it prepared in your room.
Loads of freebies to take home from the suite which made for a nice touch.

Negatives:
Bloomin' expensive, but on reflection worth it for a one night treat. I think if i was super minted I still wouldn't want to stay more than a night as it is quite an intense experience.
The remote control to activate and work the sound, lights, TV etc was excessively confusing and too much hassle. I want to relax and enjoy not remember shed loads of instructions.

It's a real experience and nothing is too much hassle to please you the indulgent guest, but I wouldn't go back, I'd try something else. Still say it's the best hotel I've been to and I'm extremely glad I went.

Room Tip: All rooms are impeccable. Higher floors feel a little more special being above the rest but I think...
1 Thank MeAndMyMisses
Heinrich_Morio, General Manager at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, responded to this review, February 4, 2013

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting the ambiance & facilities of the hotel and your culinary experience.

We are also pleased to know that the service provided by our colleagues was up to your expectations and that you enjoyed the views from your suite.

Please note that your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate experience Burj Al Arab is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. At the same time, I was concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet some of your expectations.

I have noted your feedback regarding one of our colleagues who was checking her mobile phone more than once. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in this respect. This is certainly not the level of service we are known for. Please note that I have personally passed your concerns to our Operations Manager in order to review the procedures in delivering our luxury service standards to our valued guests where appropriate to the colleagues involved.

I also noticed your feedback regarding our remote control in the suite. Allow me please to highlight that we have implemented the options of the main remote control in the TV remote control as well which makes it easier to use. We also added a button that allows you to call your butler in case you needed any guidance or assistance.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting Burj Al Arab in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the ultimate hospitality Burj Al Arab is renowned for.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in 2012, mercedes transfer from the airport to hotel which is very nice, for an extra 500 you can have a rolls royce. The hotel has a lounge style setup in the airport where you can check in to the hotel and have refreshments while you wait for your driver. Very professional and have not seen this anywhere else. The hotel is amazing and the service impeccable at every turn as others have mentioned. On its own island with gated entry you feel very priveleged and exclusive. Ferraris out front a nice touch for the car enthusiast in me :)

The pool at the top of the hotel has amazing views, everytime we went up there we had the place to ourselves, its a must do.
I even went and had a haircut at the salon up there and without a booking they took me in even though they were taking photos of models for a magazine!! I enjoyed that view, wife didnt :)
This hotel is one of the best you will ever stay at it only loses one mark for value as some of the drinks were really expensive (tax) but then again if you can afford to stay at here you can afford the drinks.

We were upgraded to a bigger a room (its huge) and its floor to ceiling windows offer amazing views of the city, haze permitting. Spread over 2 levels im sure there were parts of it we never discovered. The rooms are of a decadance some will never experience, even if some say they are dated.

A must visit once in your lifetime.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James_Ivory
Heinrich_Morio, General Manager at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, responded to this review, February 6, 2013

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting your arrival experience, the hotel’s ambiance and the service provided by our colleagues.

I have noted your feedback regarding the pricing of beverage in the restaurant, allow me please to highlight that our premium products which are sourced from overseas comes on higher price and then followed by various import fees in Dubai, these factors do affect the retail rate of these products. However the head sommelier has been asked to present entry level wine list in various price range so that our valued guests get more options to choose from.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting Burj Al Arab in the future.