“Just Do It--Once. Once is enough”

Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
Ranked #31 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed January 9, 2013

In Dubai a gleaning pleasure dome arose. We used our flyer miles to go to Dubai. I don’t think I would pay to go there. Its nice, but way way way down the list. With a free flicht we decided to stay two nights and stay at the Burj (that’s what those of us who have been there call it :-)) There is really not a lot to do at Dubai. They have a great mall, but so does Costa Mesa. You can see the gold souk, go down the waterslide, ride the monorail and see the fountains and see the worlds tallest building in one day. Then your just waiting to go home.

OK, Now that I have established that we are crazy, on to the hotel. We used the fine resorts and hotels from Amex sw we got the free breakfast and a room upgrade. Breakfast in the room was $ 120.00 each and the upgrade was $2,000.00 so thank you Amex, you paid for your card fee for the next decade. The hotel was splendid, just like everyone says. Breakfast was served by the butler and an assistant to work the toaster. I felt so guilty I ate carbs. It was nice to live like the rich and famous, but as much as I like roomservice where they set-up and go, I cant watch another person be my toaster-jocky. Once was enough and we went to the Japaneese Buffet for Japaneese breakfast the next day (there is an European breakfast buffet as well, but I get that all the time).

EVERYONE knows your name. You get into the water park for free AND can cut the lines. When you go to the beach they bring you a cooler with water, misters and cold towels. There is a linen and pillow menu from which you can order. When you walk through the hotel in the early morning the cleaners stop cleaning and stand at attention in present vacuum-cleaner until you pass by. I read they have no tipping, but there was a 10% suggested gratuity added to the bill–relieved a lot of stress.

You can rent a hotel room like this in New York or Las Vegas for $ 10,000.00 a day. Try it once and see if this is the life for you. It is not for me, but two days of it made a wonderful memory at what is comparably a good deal.

Room Tip: Use Amex Platnum Fine Resourts and Hotels to bet ypgraded to a panoramic suite. These are on the co...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank wxzzy
Heinrich_Morio, General Manager at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay in Burj Al Arab. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are delighted to read you review and happy to know that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. It also gives us great pleasure to know that you particularly enjoyed the service provided by our colleagues.

We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very pleased to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in Burj Al Arab.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Inc readable hotel.
The rooms are incredible , massive.
The butler was lovely.
The service is great.
The duplex suite is bigger than my home.
Take your own champagne as drinks are obscenely expensive.
I have never seen opulence like this it borders on garish.
Wow if you can afford it, do it.
We ate in both restaurants and they were both rubbish and at £900 for 6 people in each crazy money.
They were pretty but the food was poor and too expensive.
Only complaint is the price of food and drinks.
The roller was brilliant.

Room Tip: All amazing. Fillet steak for breakfast . Wow.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Smokey12345679

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting your Rolls Royce Phantom drive from the airport and the service provided by our colleagues. We are also pleased to know that your suite was up to your expectations.

Please note that your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate experience Burj Al Arab is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. At the same time, I was concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet some of your expectations.

I have noted your overall experience and feedback regarding the quality of food which you have experienced with us and that it wasn’t up to your expectations. Please accept my apologies with regards to this shortfall in service.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our dining experience quality. I do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting Burj Al Arab in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the ultimate hospitality Burj Al Arab is renowned for.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

not disappointed by our 2nd visit to a great hotel. Service great, staff great, the views amazing from all angles. Breakfast in the pool restaurant has some of the best breakfast views I've seen. If you're thinking of visiting as a resident, stop thinking and book. There were more kids at the hotel this time due to the time of year due to the holidays but still nice and relaxing. NOt the best place for kids, particularly teen agers as its nice and quiet, but you are right next to the shopping and wild waddy water park so lots to keep them happy too.

Room Tip: they are all great but high up gets a better view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sarah1810

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting the great views that the hotel has to offer and the service provided by our staff. We are also pleased to know that your vacation was a nice and a relaxing one with us.

We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Burj Al Arab.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed in this beautiful hotel over the New Year for 6 days. The accommodation is wonderful and we found the service very attentive. We loved all the little touches with the Hermes products, although they did get a bit samey, the food was excellent, the staff were always chatty, and the Butler Service is nice, if you like being walked to your room, but sometimes hit and miss with confirmation of reservations. The pool area is a little disappointing, but up until this point, we would say we had a fabulous holiday.

And then New Years Eve celebrations arrived. As tickets cost more than £1,200 each for the three of us, we had expected an amazing event. Unfortunately we found the whole evening disappointing. We eat in the Ball Room, which we thought would be a party atmosphere, but lacked any direction and felt like an up-market buffet with poor to non-existent entertainment. The ball room finished at 11, which left us an hour to kill before the fireworks. We went to the 'Tent' to listen to the band and had anticipated some excellent entertainment, but felt more like my youth at the local Working Mens Club, but with Champagne. The fireworks were very good, but we were herded into a very small viewing area, with the views blocked by huge lights. We found the whole experience, very, very disappointing.

Upon checking out there was a problem with our bill and we noticed an overcharge (which hadn't been there in the morning when we had checked our bill). Despite the Duty Manager promising to sort out a credit to our card within 4 days, after two emails, we still have heard nothing back from the hotel and are still £200 out of pocket. Hopefully this will be sorted out soon!

Taking all the above into account, we would return to this lovely hotel again, but NOT over New Year. I know this is a 7* Hotel, and I am not sure what contributes to making a hotel receive such a high rating, the accommodation was fantastic, but is it overall any better than Sandy Lane in Barbados - not really sure?

Room Tip: All rooms are suites and have sea views.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Sharon120
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Over all, this place is still unique. I would not say elegant, but different and bold in every inch. Surely entertaining, colourfull, surprising. Terrific dining, incredible stay experience. Overpriced too: this is still an hotel: what are you going to do more than sleeping? Try the 5p.m. tea as well as the Sky bar. Remember: there is a minimum cost at the first drink.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank SerGioDubai
Heinrich_Morio, General Manager at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your overall stay with us highlighting your dining experience.

We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel as I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Burj Al Arab.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Tip: Ask for a suite in the lower floors, they are way more spacious!

The Hotel is one of my favorites, but I think they meanwhile have trouble to keep up their image.
The amenities in this Hotels aren't 7 star at all, even not 5 star. The Spa is very small and definitely needs renovation. The indoor pool is also very small and "boring".
The outdoor pool area could as well be from a cheap 3 Star resort.

The service however is outstanding.
I recommend going there because of the fact that you can use all of the amenities of Jumeirah properties nearby (which are nicer than from BAA sometimes).

The rooms are incredible spacious on lower floors, considering the space I'd say that the suites are quite cheap.

Room Tip: Lower floor = more space
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank grkpfl
Heinrich_Morio, General Manager at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

We are pleased to read your review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that your suite experience and the service provided by our colleagues were up to your expectations.

I have noted your overall experience and feedback regarding our in suite amenities, allow me please to highlight that we are the only hotel that provides full sized Hermès products for him and her along with other amenities like fruits, dates, Arabic sweets and other culinary amenities which changes everyday however on this occasion unfortunately it seems like we didn’t meet your expectations. I also noted your feedback and comments regarding our pool area and that it’s small. Please note that our pool area is designed specially and exclusively for Burj Al Arab guests along with our private beach so no guests from outside are authorized to use them and as you kindly highlighted we offer complimentary transfers to Wild Wadi, Madinat Jumeirah and Jumeirah beach hotel as Burj Al Arab guests are authorized to use their facilities. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in this respect.
Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting Burj Al Arab in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the ultimate hospitality Burj Al Arab is renowned for.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is the most incredible hotel I have ever stayed in. A hotel fit for Kings. Check-in is inside the suite, but the brief wait in the lobby has you surrounded by water fountains as well as two multi-level aquariums. Complimentary fresh figs and refreshing towels make the five minute wait relaxing. I stayed in a two floor, two bedroom suite which was absolutely beautiful. Each window had a water view. The complimentary water, wine, fresh fruit and fruit drink were delicious. The suite had two living rooms. There was a sundial clock on the wall which was so unique. Flat screen TVs everywhere. A dining room table for six had at least two dozen red roses on it. Three bathrooms were stocked with full size Hermes products - I am now hooked on them. There was a full size kitchen which was totally unnecessary because the food served was amazing. The bedrooms were huge, ornate and very, very comfortable.The service was outstanding. Your every comfort is cared for. The suite had a private butler waiting at all times to assist. The TV changer opens the door to the suite, so there is no need to get up. Unbelievable! If you have the opportunity to go to Dubai, you must stay here. It is the total experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business