$49
Hotels.com
$360
$270
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $467/night.

Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$254
$139
Hotels.com
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$153
JW Marriott Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$97
$82
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $92/night.

Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$129
$120
Movenpick.com
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$162
Jumeirah.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

Atlantis, The Palm(Dubai)
$484
$260
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $433/night.

JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$145
Agoda.com
5,027 results
All reviewsskyview barafternoon teapanoramic suiterolls roycebab al yamhermes toiletrieshigh teaculinary flightpersonal butlericonic hotelstar hotelbutler servicepillow menubirthday cakefloor to ceiling windowsprivate beachpure luxury
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The rooms need to be seen ‘Versace on speed’ is the theme. Each floor has a butler who manages to greet you at every passing, on arrival the butler asked what papers I would like delivered, I quipped, I didn’t want to read any news for the stay, the butler then stated to clear the room of any news material. They do take you very literally. The room has everything you could possibly need, computer, wireless and a butler to freshen your wardrobe before you hit the town, two great restaurants are very different, one with a huge aquarium, the other with amazing views at the top of the tower.

Getting a cab from reception unless you specify a city taxi you will get a Lexus which has a minimum 4 hour rental, just beware, having a driver waiting for you can be distracting if you are not used to such things.

I would stay again, but I cannot imagine that the place across the road is any less fun. So if you are prepared to not care about how much, you will have fun here.

Room Tip: The higher the better, its all about the view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tristram_11
Heinrich_Morio, General Manager at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay in Burj Al Arab. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. And we are pleased to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting your suite, your butlers’ service and your culinary experience.

We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Impressive hotel,nice location,excellent service!
The only problem is you cant take children at the restaurant from the 27 th floor. Also the majority were old-old people...
Its nice u have the wild wadi water park next to u,and madinat jumeirah..so u have were to spend time.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Gabriela E
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just had a fantastic two night say in the Burj. From the moment my wife and I arrived in the taxi to the moment we left the property we were treated like royalty (we're not by the way!). The staff are absolutely superb - from the private butler to the waiting staff and cleaners, they were all so polite and helpful it really made us realize what you pay for at the Burj and credit must be given to the Hotel Manager for running such a tight, well organized ship. As you're reading this review I assume you're considering a visit to the Burj and therefore I'll list a few points that I was interested in reading about when I booked the hotel -

Room
We had a standard room which was amazing...definitely no reason to upgrade in my opinion. Without doubt the best hotel room we've ever stayed in and plenty of info/photos on trip advisor/web already.

Pool
It seemed to be quite difficult to find out much info about the pool when we were looking into booking the hotel and I guess this is because it's the one point that may disappoint due to it's size. It is still a lovely pool and no problem with sunbeds etc and comp cool box of ice water/face towels etc. but I did expect the pool to be a little larger than it is...so be prepared!

Culinary Flight
I would recommend this to anyone who stays in the hotel - it is a fantastic way to experience the best of the Burj in one evening - ours took from 7.00 till 11.30 to complete and was superb - I would recommend taking the package with the wine and go easy on the bread in the early rounds as most courses come with a basket of bread and you'll be too full to complete the meal if you're not careful.

Staff
As mentioned above, I have nothing but praise for the staff and they make the stay so extra special.

Beach
Superb private Beach on the mainland with comp golf buggy ride to reach it. Lots of sunbeds and bar/restaurant - also with the comp cool box.

Nice comp touches at the Burj:
Cool box at beach/pool
Daily paper of your choice downloaded, printed and delivered to your room
Free wifi throughout the resort
Fruit bowl in room
Bottle of wine on arrival
Wide range of movies (chargable in every other hotel I've stayed, but comp at the Burj.
Comp Jacket loan (I forgot my suits, so this saved me having to buy a new one).

To sum up the review, yes the Burj is expensive but I believe you do get value for money and I'll definitely be returning.

We stayed two nights at the Burj and then two nights at the one and only Royal Mirage for which I'll write a separate review.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank steveb182

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting your suite experience & Burj Al Arab’s amenities, the service provided by our team, your culinary experience and Burj Al Arab’s private beach.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed at the Burj Al Arab to celebrate my wife's 65th birthday and had an unbelievable experience, everything exceeded our expectations. We spent 2 afternoons at the pool and were amazed at the attention we got from the pool staff, supplying us with complimentary snacks, iced water, cold towels, ice lollies and rose water sprays, we also had our our sunglasses cleaned. Very decadent.
On the afternoon of my wife's birthday we had a surprise visit by eight members of staff who brought beautiful flowers and a lovely chocolate cake, we were a bit embarrassed as we were both dressed in bath robes after returning from the beach, but the staff loved it , sang happy birthday and took photographs, a magical experience we will fondly remember.
We booked the culinary flight with the wine package which started with a cocktail and then each of 5 courses were taken in a different restaurant. We loved the whole experience and my wife was presented with two books during the evening. The staff were so friendly and the Sommeliers in each restaurant took time to discuss the wine selection in a friendly, easy going manner.
We had room service one night, another experience not to be missed, where the waiter set up our dining table and we were provided with a complimentary bottle of wine.
We arrived and departed in the Rolls Royce which completed a fantastic stay.
The lasting impression of the Burj AL Arab apart from the luxury is the attitude of all the staff who all seemed delighted to to see us and told us how proud they were to work at such a great hotel.
Our favourite people were the two friendly big guys, Hardley and Duchka (?) who controlled and organised the transport at the front of the hotel, never failing to recognise and greet us by name with big smiles. Duchka kindly took a lot of photographs of us before we left.
If you have the opportunity to stay here - do it! you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Haygringo

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

We are pleased to know that your wife’s birthday celebration was a memorable one in Burj Al Arab and it gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting your culinary experience, the service provided by our team and your overall experience in the hotel.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

On our trip we stayed at five different hotels, all five star and all with butler service. Actually found the hotel to be a bit tacky, honestly it belongs in Vegas. The outside is beautiful but the inside, well I guess it all depends on your taste. Our butler service was pretty much non existant and considering the amount of money being paid, that is not exceptable, we had to ask for things several times. And when i told them we wanted to eat at Al mahara, several times I mentioned the "fishtank" resteraunt, and the night of the reservation they sent us to there other resteraunt at the top of the hotel, luckly they were able to change the reservataion. At Al Mahara, all i can say is amazing. The service and the food here was EXCEPTIONAL. My only suggestion is to stay at another hotel but make a reservation here for dinner. I see other reviews and am surprised at how great there service was. its a shame that the floor we stayed on the service was very poor. I can say that other than the butler service, the service throughout the hotel is very good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank iris g

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

Your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate experience Burj Al Arab is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. At the same time, I was concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet some of your expectations.

I have noted your overall experience and feedback regarding the poor service provided by our butlers team on your floor. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in this respect. This is certainly not the level of service we are known for and can fully understand your disappointment concerning the same. Please note that I have personally passed your concerns to our Operations Manager in order to review the procedures with all Guest Services Managers who will provide further coaching in delivering our luxurious service standards to our valued guests where appropriate to the colleagues involved.

We are pleased to read that your culinary experience was an exceptional one with us.
Your feedback will be communicated to the entire team at the hotel as I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting Burj Al Arab in the future allowing us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the ultimate hospitality Burj Al Arab is renowned for.