“Outstanding Customer Service From an Oustanding Hotel”

The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai
Ranked #54 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We (Myself and the Wife) spent a week at the hotel and took on board the suggestions by fellow trip advisors of upgrading to club class - brilliant suggestion well worth the additional sum for the extra's it brings -access to club lounge and the beverage and meals.

The staff from the person who opens the taxi door when you first arrive to the doorman,cleaners, beach staff, waiters and management are all 1st class - who ever selects the staff is a genius at picking people who thrive on customer service.

The Grounds and Beach are superb - no negative comments at all - the balance between a relaxing stay and a hotel/location with plenty of things to do was achieved.

Whilst all the staff are excellent - look out for Godfrey a geniune smile that stands out ....and always ready to refill your glass at just the right moment !

Room Tip: Couldnt fault the room we had on the ground floor facing the beach - however may try the upstairs be...
1  Thank Patridge

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed here for a week 06 - 13Oct in a Club Room (new building).

We have been in the area before, staying in the hotel next door for 2 times, so this time choose for The Ritz. A good choice, all around.

Rooms are very modern, most of the functions (lights, curtains) are computer operated. I heard some people "complain" that they had to get used to all of the computer options on the dashboard, we as well, but it is not that bad.

Definitely worth taking the Club Access, as all other reviews indicated. Friendly staff, good food and drinks, nice ambiance, positive all the way.

Good service all around as well. One morning, I reported a broken light in the bath room and when we returned from breakfast, it was already repaired.

Hotel grounds are big, well decorated and maintained gardens and enough chairs all around. The main pool may seem a bit small and not that efficient build (free form). One or 2 more entry / exit points would be great. Nevertheless, it was a very pleasant area to relax, swim, talk, etc. In fact, we met up with many friendly people in the pool, gosh, we were chatting away the day. Even at full capacity, it was very quiet and peaceful. Life guards were very alert, certainly when children moved in form the kids pool to the main pool.

A big plus to the pool staff, who were very attentive and supportive, not just when you arrived, but all throughout the day. I won't spoil the extras you get, but it was original. We never experienced such service before, thank you guys!

Do notice some oddity when you visit the public beach and want to re-enter the hotel grounds. Almost every morning, I got security chasing me on my tail upon the first few steps back on hotel ground. With a big list in their hands, they asked for identification, name and room key. I understand they want to do a thorough job, but the same guy saw me walking out half an hour earlier while even exchanging a good morning (and there were not thousands of others doing the same thing). Well, at least you can be assured the hotel grounds are well secured...

The only bit of critic was upon check-in. Yes, we were very early, as we indicated to the hotel upon reservation. It seemed we woke up some junior person from his first night duty shift. I can understand the room was not ready, but nobody bothered to escort us to the Club Room or provide any directions or help, we were just left alone at the reception, together with our luggage. So, we had to find our way around the hotel ourselves.

All in all a wonderful stay. We will definitely visit again. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Club Rooms are definitely worth it.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I've been a bit tardy in writing this review. This was my second time staying at the hotel. I stayed at the hotel for 6 nights back at the end of August and beginning of September 2013. My last visit was before the new addition opened. This time I was placed in a room in the new wing of the hotel. Besides the extreme heat, my stay was superb. I booked a room with Club access, which was a great idea since there was always delicious food available from 7am - 10pm. The wireless internet access in the Club was a bit slow, so I paid for wireless access in my room. I believe the charge was approximately $80USD for 7 days of unlimited access. To me it was worth it since I needed to complete some work.

The new wing of the hotel is excellent. It is more spacious than the older wing, and the grounds are larger. There are three pools in the new wing, one for children, one for a mixed crowd, and then the private adult only pool near the La Baie Bar/Lounge. SInce it was extremely hot when I was in Dubai on holiday, I would go out to the beach around 8am, but then return to the pool (which is chilled) by around 10am. The adult pool has a swim up bar which is quite lovely. The staff at the bar are excellent and very attentive to your needs whilst in the water! I should also say that the beach access from the hotel is very nice. There is a towel shack at the edge of the property where you can pick up your towel from the hotel staff if you want to sit out on the public part of the beach. If you stay in the hotel reserved area, the staff will assist you in claiming your chairs/umbrella. The beach was nice and clean, but the water was HOT and I saw tons of fish and purple jellyfish (be careful they swim right up to you and will sting)!

The Club was excellent as well. The new Club in the new wing is very spacious and relaxing with views of the beach. The gourmet food is delicious and is changed frequently. One can basically eat all meals in the lounge and never go hungry or off of the hotel property to eat. The best part of the lounge however is the staff. I should mention Marco from Italy, as he was very helpful and his conversation was great since I was travelling alone. He also helped me to mail several postcards back to my family and friends. Top notch service, 100%. In fact the entire staff of the hotel was quite attentive and helpful throughout my stay. From the doormen to the cleaning staff, everyone knew my name and treated me as if I lived there at the hotel.

Nevertheless, this hotel is definitely one of the best places in Dubai for a beach holiday, even in the middle of the hot UAE summer. The staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome and the grounds of the new wing as well as the new room are excellent. I should note however, while I was there at the hotel, the old wing was closed for renovation along with the pools in the old wing. I assume once the renovations are complete, the old wing will reopen, making this hotel even more excellent.

I will definitely return again for my future holidays!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the center of the new wing on a high floor for the best view of the beach and pool...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank c2u4ze2im
Reviewed October 26, 2013

3 couples staying for a week. Found all the staff extremely helpful and friendly.
We chose to upgrade to the club level, which was excellent, for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, and evening canapés, most importantly all alcohol was free, which is such a bonus as it is so expensive out there !!!!
Free Internet in club room and reception only. Bedrooms/bathrooms were just lovely with tea and coffee making facilities.
Plenty of restaurants and nice shops just outside hotel.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had booked a junior suite (around US$ 1.500 per. day) and was looking forward to spend 6 days on a five star resort.

On check in, the staff told me that the junior suite, which I, by the way, had paid in advance and Ritz Carlton had confirmed was not free anymore and they had a much better solution ready for me. They offered me 2 standard double rooms meaning my kids (6 and 12 years old) were supposed to stay in one room and me and my wife in another room. The staff kept trying to convince me that this was much better solution compared to the suite. I tried to explain that we wanted to spend time in the same room as a family, but the staff said this was not possible and completely ignored my concerns.

As the check-in time was very late we accepted the "two room" solution - but I stressed that the hotel had until next day to solve the problem. When approaching the front desk the following day, nobody knew of the problem. Not before contacting my danish agent, this five star resort managed to relocate me to the suite I had booked and paid for.

In fairness to the hotel, they compensated me 100% for the first night - but still....its simply not acceptable and gave our vacation a bad beginning.

Also they way the staff handled this incident, was extremely unprofessional and not what you can expect from a five star resort.

The overall quality of food was average - but fair. The general service level was also satisfactory.

The location is very good and one of the best I have tried in Dubai. Just on sandy white and clean beach.

Best regards
Claus Hansen
Denmark

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank clausthansen
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed in a junior suite which offered more than enough space for us and our two daughters (6 and 3). The room was perfectly clean, very modern and very nicely furnished, with a very comfortable bed. The whole staff was extremely friendly, particularly towards the kids. The hotel gardens were beautifully kept. The gym was equiped with very modern machines. I discovered the spa at the end of the stay... a true haven of tranquility and very clean.
The real positives for us were:
- the location (as you can just walk out of the hotel and have a wide choice of restaurants with terrasses, which are easy to go to with kids)
- the size of the hotel (not too big)
- the staff's friendliness and excellent service overall
- the cleanliness
We hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JuliaIB
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Booked this hotel during an extended layover. Since we were arriving late at night, we booked the hotel limousine service. It was reasonably priced (300AED one way I think) for a 30 minute journey from the airport to the hotel. We enjoyed the drive as you get to see much of Dubai.

Check in was pleasant with a cold sparkling drink. The hotel itself is gorgeous. We loved the room. It was very spacious with a wonderful bathroom. Everything was controlled by a bedside remote. The shades are very good at keeping the light out. We appreciated the choice in channels on the TV (especially Disney Junior for our daughter). Sunset over the pool is quite a sight.

We had room service for breakfast once and liked it. I would recommend the pancakes with the assortment of dipping sauces/syrups. We ate at one of the restaurants: La Baie Lounge and really enjoyed it. The highlight for us was the pools. There is a very large infinity pool but also a small kid’s pool that is shaded and has a nearby playground. It was so hot but the pool staff brought ice buckets with bottles of water. The service of the hotel was amazing.

Overall, this may have been our favorite hotel experience from start to finish. There is really nothing I could find to complain about and would stay there again any time!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family