“Great location, very spacious apartment and excellent service.”

Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai
Ranked #97 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great location, very spacious apartment and excellent service.”
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Stayed in a 2-bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment at the rear of the Moevenpick Hotel, Bur Dubia. Excellent, very spacious and very clean apartment, with full kitchen, lounge/dining room, 2 bathrooms (1 en suite), cloakroom, ironing room. One double bed, one twin. Self-catering but coffee/tea etc provided. Apartments cleaned every other day with fresh linen and towels. Staff excellent and veru polite and helpful, particularly the "pool men". Roof top swimming pool and terrace (with superb view). Could do with a few more sunbeds up there but, to be fair, mostly had it to ourselves (almost a private pool). Hotel well situated for access to Dubai Mall, Wafi Mall (where you pick up the open but tour - well worth it), Plaze just across the street with huge supermarket on 4th floor and plenty of quick dining options (all sorts) on the ground floor. Local restuarants just across the street, and Starbucks in the main hotel. Would certainly stay again (we did get a good deal price wise), and recommend.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
meppinger, Leiter Front Office at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, December 14, 2010
Dear Traveler,

Thank you very much for your detailed feed back on Tripadvisor. It is always useful for us to get feed back on how our guests such as yourself are feeling within the hotel and we like to thank you for sharing your experience with others.

We are very pleased that you were satisfied with your stay in our hotel. Our aim is to deliver a high quality of services always with a personal touch to all of our guests and we are happy to share your positive experience with all our team members.

We in fact know that there are many hotels in Dubai and we would like to thank you once more that you have chosen us and we look forward welcoming you in our hotel again.

Kind regards,

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I stayed at the Movenpick Bur Dubai on business. The Movenpick hotel representative did not greet us outside customs at the Dubai airport as instructed. Service needs to be improved at this hotel. During dinner there was only 1 waiter available on duty to serve all the guests. Laundry prices inside the hotel are outrageous, 35 Dhs. to dry clean 1 shirt. My company tried to extend my stay at the Movenpick, but was told that there was no vacancy. When I tried to extend my stay independently by myself at the front desk, the representative told me that I could extend my stay if I paid for the room. Something smells at the Movenpick. Service needs to be improved at this hotel. The food menu for dinner needs to be expanded since there is a limited number of items available. Definitely not a 5 Star hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
meppinger, Leiter Front Office at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, November 22, 2010
Dear Traveler,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for taking the time to place a comment on Tripadvisor.com and sharing your experience with others. It is always useful for us to get feed back on how our guests such as yourself are feeling within the hotel.

Your comments are most appreciated and I like to apologize for any inconvenience this caused you during your stay. I forwarded your comments to all concerned departments to do the necessary to avoid such situations in the future. Please be sure that we take your comments very serious and I thank you for sharing this experience with us because this will help us to improve our service. I want to make sure that this does not reflect our usual high standard and I hope you will give us another chance to convince you from our good service.

We are really looking forward to welcome you to the Moevenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai again very soon. If you have further comments, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With kind regards,

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I would like to say, after having travelled 5 countries in 2 weeks, the Movenpick was a breath of fresh air. The staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable, which is very important to me. On my departure, Khan and Rosham made my day by bringing a smile to a very tired face!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
meppinger, Leiter Front Office at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, October 31, 2010
Dear Traveler,

Thank you very much for your feed back on Tripadvisor and especially your praise of our employees. It is a great pleasure for us to share your comment with all our team members which gives them a great motivation to deliver a high quality of services with a personal touch to all of our guests.

We in fact know that there are many hotels in Dubai and we would like to thank you once more, that you have chosen us and we are looking forward to welcoming you in our hotel again.

Kind regards,

Pristina
Reviewed October 3, 2010

I stayed with me wife for our anniversary .Hotel was perfect. Rooms very clean,service fantastic . "Somerset" bar serving exellent beers.
We enjoyed our stay.Staff very helpful ,Angelo,Nana and others made our vacation perfect with their suggestions on visiting interesting sights in Dubai . Angelo also made a reservation for us for Sky wiev bar in Burj al Arab hotel .
We stayed with another couple and we are recomending this hotel for everybody who wants to have perfect service .Everything is near .Taxi is not expensive .Swiming pool at the top is something that you will enjoy .
I would come back again in this hotel in my next visit to Dubai.
Dr Merkur Dobroshi ,Pristina -Kosovo

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
meppinger, Leiter Front Office at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, October 6, 2010
Dear Dr. Dobroshi,

Thank you very much for your feed back on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your comments, because honest feed back gives us the motivation to maintain a high standard and great hospitality.

We are really pleased that you were satisfied with your stay in our hotel. Our aim is to deliver a high quality of services with a personal touch to all of our guests and we are happy to share your positive experience with all our team members. Once more I like to thank you and we look forward welcoming you in our hotel again very soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 8, 2010

I arrived at 3am and so quite a bleary check-in, but it goes quite smoothly. There are renovations going on so some scaffolding and "fresh paint" smell, but it's ok and the staff are apologetic about. I had noticed the rate was much cheaper than last time I stayed here, and guess it's due to the renovation and also timing during ramadan and the heat. The check-in guy offers me an upgrade for AED90/night to a premium room which includes breakfast, internet and complimentary food/drinks in the evening. The breakfast alone is AED85 so it seems like a no-brainer and I go ahead. I'm pleased with the room, only problem it's a long walk from the lift lobby but good exercise for me. The room is spacious, clean, nicely furnished and I have no complaints. The internet works fine and the bed is comfortable. In my spare time between business I also managed a swim in the pool, which is refreshing. It's medium size, a bit small for laps but good for a plunge/paddle. I also made use of breakfast on the 4th floor and the happy hour which is part of the premium package and it's well worth it,a very nice touch. Overall a very pleasant stay here, convenient for my business and makes it much more bearable to be away from family/home.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
meppinger, Leiter Front Office at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, September 9, 2010
Dear Traveler,

Thank you very much for your detailed feed back on Tripadvisor. We are really delighted that you were satisfied with our hotel in general and the quality of our service. It is a pleasure for me to share your comment with all our employees.

During the summer we upgraded our hotel lobby and our Fountain Restaurant to modernize and to enlarge the area. All works are finished now and we look forward welcoming you back very soon and I am sure you will enjoy your time in our new restaurant and lobby lounge with great F&B options and a cozy atmosphere.

Once more I like to thank you for your feed back and we look forward welcoming you in our hotel again very soon.

Juffair, Bahrain
Reviewed August 23, 2010

I needed a hotel near a clinic where I had an appointment. I asked the clinic for a referral and they suggested Moevenpick Hotel. I contacted the hotel and was very pleased with the response. I had to make a few adjustments and they were very accommodating. Although there was some reconstruction being done while I was there, they did everything they co9uld to make my stay peaceful, comfortable and perfect. I was treated respectfully and with kindness and I would give the highest recommendations to anyone who asked for a nice place to stay in Dubai. I can't thank them enough for the welcome and the wonderful service.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
meppinger, Leiter Front Office at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
Dear Traveler,

Thank you very much for your feed back on Tripadvisor and we are really pleased that you were satisfied with our hotel in general and the quality of our service. I am happy to share your comment with all our employees.

Due to our location we are in very close proximity to the American Hospital, Rashid Hospital and Dubai's Health Care City. Wa are 10 minutes away from key locations like Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall and the Fountains, DIFC, Dubai Creek and Dubai International Airport.

United States
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I had course in rashid hospital and chose this hotel because it was close to it and good value for five star hotel. staff very helpfull, very good, clean and quiate room, good breakfast, free internet,,, lobby needs renovation which was already going on...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Shirinak
meppinger, Leiter Front Office at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, August 18, 2010
Dear Traveler,

Thank you very much for your feed back on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your comments, because honest feed back gives us the motivation and chance to maintain a high standard and great hospitality.

Due to our location we are in very close proximity to the American Hospital, Rashid Hospital and Dubai's Health Care City. Wa are 10 minutes away from key locations like Buj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, DIFC, Dubai Creek and Dubai International Airport.

We are really pleased that you were satisfied with our hotel and the quality of our services and products and I like to thank you for your comment. We look forward to welcoming you again very soon in our hotel.