“Great service”

Ranked #95 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Bengaluru, India
“Great service”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This hotel in bur dubai provides a great service. Nice location and ambiance. I am pleased to have received such a good service. Palpandi from house cleaning dept was outstanding. Will visit again. I will recommend move npick to all travellers to dubai. They also provide great breakfast n food. But slightly on the higher side. Nice swimming pool. Also lots of restaurant near by. There is lamcy plaza n oud metha metro very near by.

• Stayed February 2014
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Rupeshmail,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback of your most recent stay at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai. I am truly pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, the hotel’s location, our breakfast buffet and our guest service by our team members and Palpandi in particular. I will certainly share your feedback with the entire team. We will look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you back our way, hopefully in the not far future.

Markus Eppinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Shortage of Dubai accommodation in the booked week meant tht I had to stay in their appartment. Wonderful, clean and roomy with excellent kitchen - large fridge, full crockery, microwave, etc. Also had a balcony for evening breezes. Staff very friendly. Breakfast usual spread and excellence but expensive at 95 Dirhams extra. Starbucks within the hotel complex. Appt can sleep four. Free internet in room. Would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: High floor for appartment, away from lift.
1 Thank dashing4u
Dear dashing4u,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of your most recent visit with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your apartment and the various amenities the it has to offer, including the balcony with its amazing view over downtown Dubai. Thank you for your kind remarks pertaining to our service team and for recommending our hotel. We do regret though to read your comment about our breakfast price as the breakfast buffet offers a great variety and international options for a healthy start into the day. We will look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you back our way.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I routinely stay at the Movenpick Bur Dubai and I always have a wonderful experience. This time a young man name Viju in the house keeping department assisted me on two different occasions. Thank you Movenpick for staffing your hotel with quality employees that knows the value of customer service.

Dear James1980760,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback of your most recent stay at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Duabi. I am truly pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you had a wonderful experience. Thank you for your positive comments pertaining to our service team and Viju in particular. I have shared them with our entire team. We will look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back our way either on business or pleasure.

Harlingen, Texas
Reviewed February 27, 2014

house cleaning was very good every time a stay here i like to stay here.then food is very teasty and so good.house keeping guy Ramesh chinna he did excellent job.his work nicely.i like to say thanks to him he took care of the guest staff all are very gently.i will come back this hotel thanks to everyone.

Room Tip: all rooms are veryquit.
Dear sergio r,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback of your most recent visit with us on TripAdvisor. It gives me great pleasure to read that you had the opportunity to visit our restaurant and that the housekeeping services of Ramesh was quite efficient and enjoyable. Your loyalty and support are highly valued and appreciated. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not far future.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 26, 2014

After a 22 hour flight, I recently stayed at the Movenpick Bur Dubai on a business trip. My preference is the Grand Hyatt, but it was fully booked. While the hotel was very clean and comfortable, on all 3 nights of my stay there was loud music that was playing until 3 AM. The bass and drums kept me from getting a good nights' sleep. Earplugs did not help the reverberation through the walls. When I asked if it would be possible for them to lower the bass and drums, they did not. The hotel staff moved me up one floor from 2 to 3 after the first night and said the room would be quiet. This was not the case. I suspect that all interior rooms have problems. Because of this, I will not stay there again. I think it is unreasonable for a premier hotel not to address this kind of problem. Business travelers have a right to expect a quiet night's sleep. Movenpick does not seem to care.

Room Tip: I am not certain that it will help, but request an upper level room facing outside. I can certify...
1 Thank POP866
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear POP866,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your feedback of your most recent stay. I am truly sorry to learn of your negative impression of the hotel and I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced. I only wish that I had been made aware of this issue before your departure so that appropriate action could have been taken. I would like to get in contact with you directly to personally apologize and to discuss further what we can do to make you stay with us again. I can be contacted at markus.eppinger@moevenpick.com. I look forward speaking to you and I will be more then pleased assisting you with your booking arrangements for any future booking and I look forward to the opportunity welcoming you back, hopefully in the very near future.

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The Mövenpick in Bur Dubai is one of the city's oldest luxury hotel. Service is very good which is standard in Dubai. My stay for 6 nights was unfortunately spoilt quite a bit by the noise in the rooms. A room on the 2nd floor was very loud due to the location above the Sports Bar. Then I had an upgrade to the 5th floor. Here the room was larger and it was away from the bars and the nightclub on the 1st floor. But you could still hear the neighbors in the other rooms.
So this is really a pity, as everything else is okay in this hotel, location, service, food, but the noise is spoiling the experience. A spa is not offered in this hotel.

Room Tip: Get an upgrade to 4th or 5th floor if you want to have a somewhat quiet room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Henning B
Dear Henning B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback of your most recent visit to the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai.

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for what you experienced during your stay and I am truly sorry for the caused inconveniences. I will certainly share your feedback with the entire team and do hope you will allow us further opportunities to provide you with more enjoyable experiences in future. I would like the opportunity to get in contact with you directly to personally apologize and discuss what we can do to welcome you back hopefully very soon. I can be contacted at markus.eppinger@moevenpick.com.

I look forward to the opportunity to regain your faith in our ability to properly serve you.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The staff are extremely helpful and welcoming. The breakfast buffet is really extensive, ranging from cereals, fruits,pastries, cooked dishes, Arabic dishes, salads etc. we had an executive room and could use the executive lounge on the fourth floor. This was quite a good facility, but I think it would have been improved if it had been more carefully monitored - sometimes the coffee machine was not working, there were no cups, the snacks were not refilled etc. the canapés and drinks from 6-7.30 were very nice, ideally it would have been better to have them slightly earlier, as it tended to spoil your appetite for evening meal! The pool was lovely, can't fault it, and the pool staff were very attentive. Not the warmest pool ever, but I expect it gets warmer later in the year! We didn't eat any meals in the hotel other than breakfast, but the offerings looked very good. The hotel benefits from being really close to a street lined with restaurants all of which we tried and found excellent. The Lamcy Plaza is less than five minutes away and that has a very good food court as well, with a lot of choice. Viju in Housekeeping kept our room beautiful, I was really impressed - nothing was too much trouble. The bed and bedding was also extremely comfortable, and the room had all the amenities you could want including tea and coffee making and constantly replenished bottled water.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear cb140,

Thank you so much for choosing the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai as your hotel of stay during your trip to Dubai and for taking the time to share your feedback of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am truly pleased to read that our service team made your stay more enjoyable and that Viju took very good care of your room during your stay. I am also pleased to learn that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and that you found the hotel’s location convenient. However, I regret to read about your experience in our Executive Lounge and I will certainly share your feedback with our Director of Food & Beverage for further review and improvements. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you, hopefully very soon.